dr_jekyll2 Profile Photo
dr_jekyll2
#0Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/22/06 at 10:22pm

Come on, let's hear it for Andrea - a class act who has accomplished so much and hopefully, the best is yet to come!

Don't be shy, she deserves it...

Yero
#1re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/22/06 at 10:25pm

I agree!
I love Andrea.
I only know her from J&H, and I haven't heard anything else she's done, but I'm really liking her performance on the DVD. I couldn't even tell she was sick.

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

Blanche Profile Photo
Blanche
#2re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/22/06 at 10:27pm

Yes!!!! Here's to one of the most talented and nicest people ever to grace a Broadway stage. Let's get her back on Broadway where she belongs!!!

ThankstoPhantom
#3re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/22/06 at 10:27pm

^Same here. But i still think she's great..hats off to you!

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#4re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/22/06 at 10:34pm

She's awesome! Not only is she an AMAZING performer, BEST Emma, she is also always so kind to all of us here on the boards. She takes the time to explain the business to those, such as myself, that aren't experienced in it!

Go Andrea! Even through her illness she went on stage! She has Maria Friedman caliber dedication!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Yankeefan007
#5re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/22/06 at 10:46pm

What illness, if nobody minds my asking?

Yero
#6re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/22/06 at 10:47pm

Grave's Disease.

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

misto625 Profile Photo
misto625
#7re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/22/06 at 11:56pm

I third everything said here. She is a great person. I would love to see her perform a lead role, whether Broadway, tour, or regional. I just want to see her back onstage!

Dean: Can I tell you something? Lorraine: That depends on what it is. Dean: I think you're really really pretty. Lorraine: (after a pause) Ok, you can tell me that.

BSoBW2
#8re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/23/06 at 12:07am

Sorry, I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but...WHO?

Harpo Profile Photo
Harpo
#9re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/23/06 at 12:23am

*chuckles* BSo, I know that you know who Andrea is, you smarty pants. I think we've been on an earlier appreciation thread for her.

Anyway, here to restate my admiration. I saw her on the J&H DVD and was so impressed. Am looking forward to her return to Broadway - hope it will be soon.

BSoBW2
#10re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/23/06 at 12:41am

Harpo, sometimes I get drunk and wander into random threads.

How you gonna do me like that?

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#11re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/23/06 at 12:43am

she was great in J&H. Best of luck to her, i hope shes back on broadway soon!

"Have they come yet?"

softballmom
#12re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/23/06 at 2:23am

I love Andrea on J&H Dvd. She is awesome and has the most
beautiful voice I have ever heard. Andrea you diffently need
to back on Broadway where you truly belong. I didn't realize
until a few days ago. You are my online scrapebooking buddy.
Did you get the email I sent to you. I havent heard back from
you so I 'm sure you are very busy but that's okay. I haven't been ffeeling to hot myself. Any way With your beautiful voice
and wonderful acting abilities. You should get the parts you 'want. Andrea email me somtime(wickedfan62@hotmail.com)
I have been using my sizzix maching all the time:re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread it' cool!!!

Hugs,
Deb

#13re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/23/06 at 4:47am

wow...its 4:30 and i can't sleep. i decided to get up and check my emails and my friend "blanche" sent me the link to this thread.
i have to say that i am a little overwhelmed and even teary-eyed.
awwww........thank you guys so much. this was really sweet!
thank you dr_jekyll that was soooo nice. for everyone who posted..i just don't know what to say but thank you! *sniff*.
Bso..you're such a DORK...
Softballmom...i didn't get an email from you or i would have responded. i am pretty good about responding to all of my emails!
please re-send that email or send a new one telling me what was in it!! ...i LOVE my SIzzix machine too! i have made a few cards this week as thank-you cards for birthday gifts! i got a couple of Michaels cards for my bday! how FUN!!! there are some great die deals on ebay! check it out! heehee!! looking forward to hearing from you.
thanks everyone for this thread. i am INCREDIBLY touched!
OH and check out myspace at www.myspace.com/andrearivette

Updated On: 4/23/06 at 04:47 AM

#14re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/23/06 at 6:24am

Here is a post I posted yesterday in the Coleen Sexton thread...maybe this will clear some things up regarding my health.
But first, I would in NO WAY compare myself to Maria Friedman but that is quite flattering. Unlike Maria, I was NOT able to do my 8 shows a week every week. It was always a BIG DEAL to me to get through 8 in a row and a WHOLE MONTH without missing one?? well THAT was really something. Kelli O'Hara was more than happy to go on as much as she did and I am pretty certain she was to replace me after my contract was up (there was NO WAY I was renewing but I doubt they would have asked) had we not closed. Things have worked out better for her though, so its better we closed!

Ok, here is the health deal I went through.

I have Grave's Disease which is a pretty severe and can be deadly thyroid condition. It causes your thyroid to be extrememly overactive. I weighed about 108 and i am 5'7" so that wasn't good...but when your uptake gets soo high you can go into a thyroid "storm" and slip into a coma. The highest iodine uptake they like to see is 13...thats not good.. but MINE was 78 by the time the docs finally diagnosed me!!...it is a miracle and the by grace of God that I wasn't in a coma. My doc saw the JH video and was like "HOW did you do that??!!??"

I am in a remission now and had a thyroid ablation which basically gets rid of your thyroid function radioactively..pretty interesting huh?!! I take medication that regulates everything and I have been doing very well for the past few years! I just wasn't ready to re-enter the world of show biz til recently. I have a new agent and hopefully SOMETHING will happen soon!
Its hard to get back in when you've been gone for so long.

SO there it is..now you're all caught up!
xoxoxoxo
andrea

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#15re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/23/06 at 9:05am

Andrea! I didn't even know! I watch the J & H DVD all the time and I am awe struck by your amazing voice and poise and absolute credulity while playing Emma. You are such an amazing performer. Your "In His Eyes" with Coleen makes me tear almost every time. I think that you have to be one of my favorite performers who I would LOVE to see live! Thank you so much for posting and now I must add you to my myspace!!!

-Ethan!

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

Holly Therese Profile Photo
Holly Therese
#16re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/23/06 at 9:34am

I heart you Andrea! This thread is long over due.

"You know, with the right volume, Patti LuPone can make a car bounce, too...." -Wonderwaiter

bwayondabrain
#17re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/23/06 at 9:48am

yay Andrea!
love you!!!

and btw, i told Don (Hite) you said hi, and he said hi back, so yeah
:)

#18re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/23/06 at 5:53pm

hahhaah...I talked to Don and he said you said I said HI! LOL!!!
You guys are very kind! This is about the nicest thing that I have had happen to me all week!
Ethan..did you add me and I missed it? Sorry, for some reason, I had several friend requests over there this week and not everyone uses their name so forgive me if I forgot who you are!
PM me or send me a message on MySpace to remind me!

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#19re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/23/06 at 5:58pm

So glad you're feeling better!
Keep on rocking on and hopefully be back up there soon! :)

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#20re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/23/06 at 8:38pm

Andrea, I added you. I'm titled as "I'm Evolving...I'm Evolving"

Hair quote :-p

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

TheatreDiva612 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva612
#21re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/23/06 at 10:39pm

YAAAAAYYY!!!! My Andrea has her very own Thread!!!!! I just freaked out just a little bit. Andrea is the sweetest person in the entire world and I love her dearly. She is an amazing performer and she has a voice from heaven. Yaaaay, Andrea!!!! *hugs* <3 Anna P.

BSoBW2
#22re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/23/06 at 10:52pm

I hate you guys.

I hate you guys so very much.

#23re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/23/06 at 11:11pm

Bso..anything for a bump huh?!! thanks! hahahahah!!

fxy2003cmu Profile Photo
fxy2003cmu
#24re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread
Posted: 4/23/06 at 11:51pm

Andrea is fantabulous! She's been so very nice to me and her J and H performance was amazing... so thanks andrea re: Andrea Rivette Love & Admiration Thread :)