pixeltracker

Sherie Rene in Landscape of the Body!

Sherie Rene in Landscape of the Body!

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#0Sherie Rene in Landscape of the Body!
Posted: 5/13/06 at 12:00am

I went with my class to see this show and almost fell out of my chair when I saw Sherie was in the cast. Been in love with the woman FOREVER but never got t osee her on stage till tonight!!

I'll make this a mini review: This was one of the most unique shows i've experienced since I moved to NYC in September. It's a dramatic play, but Sherie sings and has some great comedic moments. The plot is very unpredictable, and I was on the edge of my seat most of the time. Ending left me wanting more, but it did tie everything together. All in all I enjoyed myself a lot and urge anyone to buy tickets, especially since they are only $15!! I didn't have my stupid camera so I had to beg a stranger to take my picture with Sherie and e-mail it to me...lol she was sweet but tired and just wanted to go home...she's not a stage door mingler! But her talents are put to great use in this show, and I love how small the theatre is!!

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

FeelingElectric
#1re: Sherie Rene in Landscape of the Body!
Posted: 5/13/06 at 7:05am

Your description and feelings about Sherie are exactly the way I felt the week before when I saw Landscape of the Body. I fell in love with Sherie last September when I saw DRS. I went out and bought all the cast recordings she was on, as well as her solo album(Men I've Had, a must buy!). When I had the opportunity to see her in this show in such an intimate setting, I did not pass it up. Sherie Rene Scott is extraordinary as an actress,a singer and as an entrepreneur (with Sh-K-Boom). It was a thrill to see her in the show,and to meet her (see avatar) away from the craziness and crowds of Broadway.

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield
Updated On: 5/13/06 at 07:05 AM

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#2re: Sherie Rene in Landscape of the Body!
Posted: 5/13/06 at 7:13am

I think Sherie is amazing as well. I went on a class trip to see the original tour of Aida before it went to Broadway and instantly fell in love with musicals and Sherie as well. She was my main reason to see DRS as well, which became one of my favorite shows and I got to see her perform in it twice. I would love to see Landscpae but they are sold out and it only runs through the 28th so I am pretty much screwed. If they do extend it I will get tickets right away but for now I am pretty much out of luck. Glad you liked her though, I have been hearing fantastic things about her performance. The woman can really do no wrong! re: Sherie Rene in Landscape of the Body!

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"
Updated On: 5/13/06 at 07:13 AM

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#3re: Sherie Rene in Landscape of the Body!
Posted: 5/13/06 at 10:51am

oh I didn't realize it was sold out...I'm glad my class got tickets!! It really ios a wonderful space to see such a performer =) I can't wait to see how our pic came out!!

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

neocomposer Profile Photo
neocomposer
#4re: Sherie Rene in Landscape of the Body!
Posted: 5/16/06 at 2:53pm

Sherie IS an amazing person and performer. I will continue to shamelessly promote Landscape until it closes in a few weeks, although it remains sold out. And I love Time Warner for benefitting the production so that the tickets could be $15, though I've never actually paid to see it. Thank God for good theatre, Michael Grief, and Sherie's voice.

"That Sondheim kid has a big future."-Nathan Lane

Musical_nerd Profile Photo
Musical_nerd
#5re: Sherie Rene in Landscape of the Body!
Posted: 5/16/06 at 3:04pm

I'm dying to see her live again.