pixeltracker

Grease Audition Posts on Playbill

Grease Audition Posts on Playbill

Yankeefan007
#0Grease Audition Posts on Playbill
Posted: 9/7/06 at 8:56pm

Found them on the Playbill job listing sites and noticed that they're operating under an AFTRA contract, not standard Broadway ones. I'm assuming AFTRA is television. Can anyone shed more insight?

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#1re: Grease Audition Posts on Playbill
Posted: 9/9/06 at 12:08pm

Looks rehearsals start in April 2007..so I guess we can expect it in May?

OrdinaryJukebox
#2re: Grease Audition Posts on Playbill
Posted: 9/9/06 at 1:11pm

AFTRA, if I'm correct, is the American Federation of Television and Radio artists, and the reason why they're conducting some contracts uder AFTRA is because of the reality show, "You're The One That I Want," which will air next year. They'll be searching for Danny and Sandy via reality TV...it just gets better every day folks. Anyway, telling by the title of the tv show, they'll be losing the more original, enjoyable song "All Choked Up," for the film tune "You're The One that I Want." Not that the former is a masterpiece by any stretch, it's still a little more interesting. Anyway, sorry to ramble on...

-Vincent

Yankeefan007
#3re: Grease Audition Posts on Playbill
Posted: 9/9/06 at 1:45pm

"Grease – Equity Chorus Call
Category Performer
Description Producer: Nederlander Presentations, Inc. and Paul Nicholas and David Ian Associates.
Book / Music / Lyrics: Jim Jacobs & Warren Casey
Director/Choreographer: Kathleen Marshall
Musical Director TBA
General Manager: Charlotte Wilcox Company
Casting: Jay Binder Casting

This production of Grease is based on the highly successful film and ran in London’s West End for eight years.

NOTE: Final casting decisions for the roles of Sandy Dumbrowski and Danny Zuko will be made on a new reality television show entitled "You're the One That We Want", which airs on NBC beginning in January of 2007.

Equity Members who wish to be considered for these two roles must attend either these Equity Principal Auditions (which will not be videotaped) or the OPEN TV auditions (which will be videotaped; time and location of the OPEN TV calls TBA).

All performers who are called back from EPAs or OPEN TV auditions for the roles of Sandy and Danny must be willing to participate in this television show, for which the judges will be Kathleen Marshall, David Ian and Jim Jacobs. The final casting selection will be made by vote of the viewing public.

Performers' participation in the TV show will be governed by an AFTRA contract."

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#4re: Grease Audition Posts on Playbill
Posted: 9/9/06 at 2:07pm

"All performers who are called back from EPAs or OPEN TV auditions for the roles of Sandy and Danny must be willing to participate in this television show, for which the judges will be Kathleen Marshall, David Ian and Jim Jacobs. The final casting selection will be made by vote of the viewing public."

This is so very sad.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 9/9/06 at 02:07 PM

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#5re: Grease Audition Posts on Playbill
Posted: 9/9/06 at 2:15pm

re: Grease Audition Posts on Playbill

I will say that I saw the London production of Grease that this production is being based on and enjoyed it very much. In fact, I enjoyed it more than the Broadway revival in 1994.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#6re: Grease Audition Posts on Playbill
Posted: 9/9/06 at 2:52pm

That's not saying much. The '94 revival was horrendous.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 9/9/06 at 02:52 PM

amyzacks
#7re: Grease Audition Posts on Playbill
Posted: 10/13/06 at 12:07am

Is anyone going? What time should i get there? I don't know how long I should camp out.

amyzacks
#8re: Grease Audition Posts on Playbill
Posted: 10/13/06 at 12:07am

Is anyone going? What time should i get there? I don't know how long I should camp out.

Videos