pixeltracker

Stars you hated at first but know love

Stars you hated at first but know love

NathanLaneStalker
#1Stars you hated at first but know love
Posted: 12/3/06 at 11:45pm

What stars did you hate at first but now love?

For me:
David Hasselhoff
Jack Wiley
Vanessa Williams
Chip Zien

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

moulinrougehk Profile Photo
moulinrougehk
#1re: Stars you hated at first but now love
Posted: 12/4/06 at 12:01am

I don't love David Hasselhoff and will never love him.

For the topic:
Ann Reinking
Patti Lupone

Somebody sit in my chair, and ruin my sleep, and make me aware of being alive!

moulinrougehk Profile Photo
moulinrougehk
#2re: Stars you hated at first but now love
Posted: 12/4/06 at 12:03am

double post...

Somebody sit in my chair, and ruin my sleep, and make me aware of being alive!
Updated On: 12/4/06 at 12:03 AM

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#3re: Stars you hated at first but now love
Posted: 12/4/06 at 12:46am

Kristin Chenoweth
Carole Shelley

I have a habit of thinking anyone involved with Wicked is awful... I forget that there's actually talent in the cast.

Angela Lansbury, I never hated her but she grew on me SO MUCH.
Barbara Cook as well.

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#4re: Stars you hated at first but now love
Posted: 12/4/06 at 12:47am

Fix the title of the thread.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Updated On: 12/4/06 at 12:47 AM

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#5re: Stars you hated at first but now love
Posted: 12/4/06 at 12:52am

Well I never hated him, but when I first heard Raul Esparza on the tick, tick...BOOM recording I didn't really love his voice. But after listening to it a bunch of times and seeing clips of the show I really started to like it, and I loved him in Company.

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#6re: Stars you hated at first but now love
Posted: 12/4/06 at 12:57am

Alice Ripley. My first exposure to her was the Rocky Horror Revival Cast Recording and I was so used to hearing Susan Sarandon (and only Susan Sarandon) that I really disliked her. Now I just absolutely loooooove Alice in everything she does.

Michael Cerveris - Before I listened to Tommy for the first time, and before Assassins and Sweeney Todd were around, he was just that guy who replaced John Cameron Mitchell in Hedwig and for some strange reason I held a grudge against him for it.

Also: Bernadette Peters, Joanna Gleason, Cleavant Derricks (The first thing I heard him in was Brooklyn, but then I bought the Dreamgirls OBCR and things changed...)

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

COOOOLkid
#7re: Stars you hated at first but now love
Posted: 12/4/06 at 1:04am

ahmelie, I do the same thing too! Haha

I really hated Glenn Close and Elaine Paige, but they're growing on me.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

bella cantato
#8re: Stars you hated at first but now love
Posted: 12/4/06 at 1:11am

Kelli O'Hara and Celia Keenan-Bolger who I love now... I think it was more of a jealousy thing, really.

"You know, a little orphan girl once told me that the sun would come out tomorrow. Her adopted father was a powerful billionaire, so I supressed the urge to laugh in her face. But now, by gum, I think she might have been on to something!" --Reefer Madness

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#9re: Stars you hated at first but now love
Posted: 12/4/06 at 1:24am

I never hated them, but I used to not be so fond of Bernadette Peters and Victoria Clark. Now I adore them both.
Updated On: 12/4/06 at 01:24 AM

StarStruckGB Profile Photo
StarStruckGB
#10re: Stars you hated at first but now love
Posted: 12/4/06 at 1:40am

I used to loathe David Hasslehoff, but could accomodate him in a "he's such a joke" sort of way,

And now, well no it's gone downhill.
I genuinly do not like him, at all.

Goshen doesn't do High-School-shows.

Videos