pixeltracker

High Fidelity will be missed...- Page 3

High Fidelity will be missed...

StageGuy99 Profile Photo
StageGuy99
#50LIVERPOOL...you are and A##%%#LE!!!
Posted: 12/21/06 at 8:37am

I love that this post has become hate on Liverpool.... OK he (she? sorry didn't check) hasn't seen the show, but heard it's awful... there's plenty of other people (although I would guess not an enourmous amount, as low ticket sales is why the show is closing!) , myself included, that did see the show and thought it was awful... so let's build a bridge, HF is done. If for some reason you think it's the most amazing show out there, you are luckier than the Lestat fans, cause you get a recording to listen to. The rest of us, never need to hear it again. A show will close, a new show will open. It's the Circle of Life- a new show will open and we will all have something new to love or hate in a few months... cue a monkey singing on a revolving rock....

"The stage is not merely the meeting place of all the arts, but it is also the return of art to life." -Oscar Wilde

magicfingers
#51LIVERPOOL...you are and A##%%#LE!!!
Posted: 12/21/06 at 9:18am

I second that post, NICKHYPER. I myself wonder why I get involved in arguments with posters who makes absolutely no sense in their postings. I guess it urks me to see people trashing a show without having seen it. Unfortunately that happens more times on this board than people realize. Perhaps we should start a rule where people cannot comment on how good or bad a show is without actually having SEEN the show. This might sound crazy to some people but if you think about it- it makes complete sense.

Flash-In-The-Pan Profile Photo
Flash-In-The-Pan
#52LIVERPOOL...you are and A##%%#LE!!!
Posted: 12/21/06 at 9:45am

"Perhaps we should start a rule where people cannot comment on how good or bad a show is without actually having SEEN the show. This might sound crazy to some people but if you think about it- it makes complete sense."

You know, I've thought about it...and it still doesn't make sense. How could we possibly enforce that rule? This is a public message board, not the security check at Customs. I suppose we could rely on the good hearts and generous souls of everyone who posts here and work on the honor-system but...I don't think there are too many good hearts or kind souls who post here.

And for the record, I saw High Fidelity and quite liked it. It wasn't life-altering, but it also wasn't the train-wreck so many on here are claiming it is. I suppose it's fun for some people to savagely tear a show apart like a bunch of vicious hyenas (sticking with the Lion King theme) but High Fidelity really wasn't bad enough to warrant that treatment. But of course that doesn't matter to the raptors in love with their own blood-lust and scathing "wit." Hell, not even SEEING the show seems to matter.

magicfingers
#52LIVERPOOL...you are and A##%%#LE!!!
Posted: 12/21/06 at 9:58am

Flash in the Pan...will you marry me?

Videos