purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#25re: Official Mourning for B&tB thread
Posted: 1/19/07 at 9:04pm

just watched the movie......

Lizzya9
#26re: Official Mourning for B&tB thread
Posted: 1/19/07 at 9:08pm

OMG That movie is soo amazing. What do you think of it in comparison to the show?

#27re: Official Mourning for B&tB thread
Posted: 1/19/07 at 9:15pm

The original at the Palace was better. Lincoln Center should release it with Disney on DVD in conjunction with the farewell performance. Bring on Susan and Terrance, Mr. Schumacher!

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#28re: Official Mourning for B&tB thread
Posted: 1/19/07 at 9:17pm

lizzya9

they are both amazing and i cried at the end, knowing the show is leaving

Broadway Baby4
#29re: Official Mourning for B&tB thread
Posted: 1/19/07 at 9:18pm

My turn.

I grew up in a musical family. My uncle is a music/drama teacher so I knew my musicals by the age of three (freaky but true). My uncle wanted my first musical to be on Broadway so he found out one day while he was babysiting me that I LOVED Beauty and the Beast and knew almost every word. He got my family tickets.

I saw it at the Palace Theater in Febuary 1994 with Kerry Butler, Gary Beach and Chuck Wagner and I can't remember much of it but I remember Home, If I can't Love her and Be out Guest.

7 years later in 2001, my uncle took me to see Phantom and, since I was and am a singer, Freaked me out. My mom realized I wasn't singing any more so she took me to Beauty for the 2nd time in August 2002. I saw Steve B. and Megan McGinnus and I remember it perfectly.

When the DVD came out I pre-ordered it in Disney World and got it on the 5th (my birthday and 4 days before the rest of the world could get it.) It was the BEST birthday present and I still have it.

Beauty is and will always be one of my favorite shows. People often come up to me and say "You've seen it twice!"

I'm making an extreme effort to see it once more before it closes. I'm going on a trip with my mom's work and I'm babysiting a little boy on the bus. I think my mom, his mom, him and me should all go see it.

I have to.

I've always felt a connection with Belle. She's the pretty bookworm who wanted a better life and got the man of her dreams. I can relate (except I haven't found the man of my dreams yet.).

RIP Beauty and the Beast 1994 - 2007 RIP Lestat 04/25/2006 - 05/29/06 You may be gone, but you are NOT forgotten! RIP Jonathan Larson! "Thank You Jonathan Larson!" My FAVORITE Broadway Actors who I LOVE (cause their AWESOME): Josh Strickland, Aaron Lazar, David Ayers, Sebastian Arcelus and Hugh Panaro

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#30re: Official Mourning for B&tB thread
Posted: 1/19/07 at 10:56pm

BEAUTY'S Been decreased.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

#31re: Official Mourning for B&tB thread
Posted: 1/19/07 at 11:11pm

I like that song.

ThankstoPhantom
#32re: Official Mourning for B&tB thread
Posted: 1/19/07 at 11:12pm

Beauty and the Beast was my first Broadway show (although I did see the Phantom of the Opera tour when I was 5).

I was nine years old, it was Saturday, March 27, 1999, at 2:00pm. I remember everything about that day. The Palace Theatre's beauty, and the show. The scenery was spectacular, the performances were wonderful. (Patrick Page is still very much in my mind, what a great performance!)

In no way is this my favorite show of all time, nor is it even in my top 25. But, it was a fun show that I enjoyed that moved me as a nine year old. I'm sure that if I'd seen the Palace Theatre cast again today, I would enjoy myself. It had great atmopshere, etc, for a family show.

It's definately not going to be remembered as the greatest show ever written, but it will be remembered as the first Broadway show of many, and that's where its memeory shall be.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

Lizzya9
#33re: Official Mourning for B&tB thread
Posted: 1/21/07 at 10:46am

I, too feel a HUGE connection with Belle in soo many ways!

Stop The Clock2 Profile Photo
Stop The Clock2
#34re: Official Mourning for B&tB thread
Posted: 4/4/07 at 5:52pm

It was my second broadway show, and a great way to get children into musical theatre.

It will be missed.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#35re: Official Mourning for B&tB thread
Posted: 4/4/07 at 6:08pm

I'm really going to miss this show a lot...I wish that Tarzan would just close, but I know neither Beauty or Mermaid would fit in its theatre...I was watching the movie the other day and the last part of the movie has always been really touching and when I just watched it, it was even more touching just knowing that this show is leaving...It is not my all-time favorite but definately holds a special place...I really wish they would bring back Susan to close out the show...

jg4892
#36re: Official Mourning for B&tB thread
Posted: 4/4/07 at 6:33pm

Susan was the perfect Belle....13 years ago. I think she's just a bit too old now. I'd love to see Lea Michele or Mara Davi close out the show, although I'm sure Annaliese will be amazing.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#37re: Official Mourning for B&tB thread
Posted: 4/4/07 at 6:36pm

I agree Annaliese will be amazing, although even for the final week it would be awesome to have Susan back I mean they have had Belles in their 30's so it's always a chance