pixeltracker

Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - "Turn Me ON... Turn Me UP!"

Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - "Turn Me ON... Turn Me UP!"

toomeytwopiece Profile Photo
toomeytwopiece
#1Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - "Turn Me ON... Turn Me UP!"
Posted: 4/4/07 at 2:15pm

Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater -

In 2006, Brian Charles Rooney made his Broadway debut as the fabled 'Lucy Brown' in the Roundabout Theatre Company's revival of Bertolt Brecht & Kurt Weill's "The Threepenny Opera." His performance earned him high praise from audiences and critics alike, but more strikingly, it introduced the world to a voice like none other.

Join him as he brings you on a journey through an evening of audio and visual stimulation the likes of which only his unique vocal range, an intelligently humorous sensibility, and a provocative agenda of theatrical bravery could manifest. Find yourself transported from a salon caught between Victorian England and the Weimar Republic, to a Glam Rock Discotheque of 1980s-esque proportions, to the simple, yet emotional environs of revolutionary and socio-political defiance. Come hear the adrenaline infused work of such greats as Kurt Weill, Mozart, The Doors, Madonna, Jefferson Airplane, Heart, and Queen... as well as original material by Rooney and Paul Leschen, composer and arranger for the world famous SCISSOR SISTERS.

Turn him on, turn him up, and listen, because you have never heard ANYONE like him before.

Tickets available by calling 212-352-3101 or 866-411-8111! HURRY! (And the Mezzanine seating is actually quite good - don't be afraid of it Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater -

BSoBW2
MargoChanning
#2re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/4/07 at 2:35pm

Congrats on the gig, Brian!

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#3re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/4/07 at 4:04pm

I wish I lived in NYC, he was fantastic in Threepenny.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

toomeytwopiece
#4re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/4/07 at 10:50pm

aww re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn shucks, thanks!

Margo, you better be there!

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#5re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/5/07 at 1:08am

It sounds fascinating! I'm not sure yet if I can make it that night so I hope there are future performances. re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#6re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/5/07 at 1:12am

Awww, I'm quite glad for the gig. Sure sounds like fun. You should definitely do another one in June which is when I make it, hehe. Should be fun to hear you do some of those Weill's great songs!

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

andyf
#7re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/5/07 at 1:20am

Wow. Does anybody have a sweater?

It's quite shilly in here.

What ever happened to tact?

Andrew, tonight isn't about you! It isn't even about me!!! - [FD]

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#8re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/5/07 at 1:32am

Who's shilling? Shilling is when a person tries to promote their show in disguise. Brian is promoting his show openly.

And why wouldn't he promote his show? Lots of people do it. And should do it. And BWW has already made it clear that they welcome it.

#9re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/5/07 at 6:35am

& we are all ***GLAD*** to promote his show, everyone here @ BWW is ***PROUD*** of Brian Charles Rooney & he's a talent we really believe in!!

lisaspo Profile Photo
lisaspo
toomeytwopiece
#11re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/7/07 at 11:28pm

thanks, guys, I appreciate that support! You have no idea!

If I am anything in this business, it's honest, and I would never resort to SHILLING. I don't think I need to, first of all, second of all it CAN be tacky. Everyone either knows that 'toomeytwopiece' is my ID here, and if they don't, they soon find out :)

I am doing some of my own 'leg-work,' as it were ahead of the actual press release by the PR office the Zipper uses. I am doing it here, because I have made many friends here and they have all been quite supportive. Many have been asking if I would be doing a solo show, so this is a good way to let them know.

ANDYF, I hope you will come to the show, and say hello afterwards - maybe you will change your mind about me. Maybe you will have fun at the show! You will never know unless you buy a ticket. re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn Right, everyone??

being.jeremiah
broadwaybaby086
#13re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/8/07 at 2:00am

I really hope to come. It's an academically busy time of the year, and actually that's my last day of classes before finals, so I'll do my best to make it!

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#14re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/8/07 at 10:39am

Why can't it be a week later? I'm not home from school yet.

I hope it goes well and that I can make a repeat performance.

Whatever happened to class?

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#15re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/8/07 at 11:07am

Why can't it be a week later? I'm not home from school yet.

I hope it goes well and that I can make a repeat performance.

Same with me!

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

toomeytwopiece
#16re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/8/07 at 10:54pm

Oh grrrr. I wish it could have been a bit later -- it just worked out this way. How unfortunate re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn I wish y'all COULD come.

I figure that even though it's academically busy, that everyone needs a break!! re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn

ElphabaRose
#17re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/9/07 at 12:39am

Yea, its the whole going from school in Boston to home in NY that's the problem. re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn If I was at school closer to home, I'd be there in a second.

toomeytwopiece
#18re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/28/07 at 12:29am

just bumping this because the show is Monday, and didn't want to compose a thread here JUST to remind people!

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#19re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/28/07 at 9:13am

It's a shame I can't be there to see this. I was up there a couple of weeks a go and I saw the video of Threepenny Opera at Lincoln Center. You tied with Alan Cumming and Nellie McKay as the best one in the show.

Are you planning to sing anything from Threepenny? If so, will the songs be from the Wallace Shawn translation or from an earlier one?

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

toomeytwopiece
#20re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/28/07 at 7:33pm

I will be doing an all-English version of Lucy's Aria... as for other Weill things, that's a surprise re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn

thank you so much for that compliment. I haven't seen the video there. I need to!

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#21re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/30/07 at 10:58pm

Well, I was there tonite and it was an electrifying show. Brian has a stunning voice with a kickass band backing him up.

I would love to see Brian play Hedwig.

Congrats, Brian!

BSoBW2
#22re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/30/07 at 11:10pm

Glad it went well.

Wish I could have made it up to see it.

lisaspo Profile Photo
lisaspo
#23re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/30/07 at 11:20pm

Ha! jrb_actor... I was thinking *exactly* the same thing!!

Congrats Brian... it was an amazing show! :)

ElphabaRose
#24re: Brian Charles Rooney - LIVE @ The Zipper Theater - 'Turn Me ON... Turn
Posted: 4/30/07 at 11:33pm

Are there any pictures or (legal) clips? I'd love to live vicariously!

Videos