pixeltracker

Blazer, Callaway & Klausner Join Steve Marzullo at Birdland on Monday

Blazer, Callaway & Klausner Join Steve Marzullo at Birdland on Monday

Caruso Profile Photo
Caruso
#1Blazer, Callaway & Klausner Join Steve Marzullo at Birdland on Monday
Posted: 4/29/07 at 2:51am

Jim Caruso and TheaterMania.com are proud to present The Songs of Steve Marzullo: The Spirit Of Spring – Songs of Love, Sex and Other Violations at Birdland (315 West 44th Street, NYC) on Monday, April 30 at 7pm. This event is part the Broadway at Birdland series of concerts featuring top Broadway performers and songwriters at the legendary club.

The Birdland concert will include performances of Marzullo’s compositions by Broadway singers Judy Blazer, Terri Klausner, Liz Callaway, Andrea Burns, Liz Larsen, Ann Harada, Kate Baldwin, Theresa McCarthy, Nina Hennessey, Suzanne Fiore and Rachel Ulanet.

Steve Marzullo has been a musical director/pianist/conductor on the Broadway scene for the past twenty years, working on Once On This Island, Ragtime, Mamma Mia!, Grease (revival), Suessical and Falsettos. His compositions include “I Hid My Love” and “Burning The Sauce” from Audra McDonald’s The Seven Deadly Sins, “The Night You Decided To Stay” from Michael Winther’s performance of Songs From An Unmade Bed, “Why Do I Go To The Theater” from The Audience, and incidental music for The Irish Curse (New York Fringe Festival 2005). “Four Sketches,” his composition for cello, clarinet and violin was recently performed as part of Alvin Ailey's season.

Jim Caruso’s Cast Party, the Broadway open-mic extravaganza, will follow the show. A full dinner menu is available at Birdland until 1AM.

What: And Then I Wrote…The Songs of Steve Marzullo
When: Monday, April 30 @7pm
Where: Birdland (315 West 44th Street, NYC)
Cover: $25 plus a $10 food/drink minimum
Call: 212-581-3080
Online: www.instantseats.com/birdland

Videos