pixeltracker

BEWARE of JERSEY BOYS Rush (Not a Normal Rush Thread)- Page 3

BEWARE of JERSEY BOYS Rush (Not a Normal Rush Thread)

ben4
#50re: BEWARE of JERSEY BOYS Rush (Not a Normal Rush Thread)
Posted: 6/25/07 at 5:14pm

What can i say? I showed up at the box-office at 8 am during the first week of January and didn't have much trouble at all getting rush tickets.

The only thing I would say is that the show, while entertaining in parts, isn't really even worth the price of rush tickets. I can understand being curious to see it once, but to tell you the truth I don't think I would spend 25 bucks to see it a second time.

I would also like to add that I've rushed dozens of times and never had to show up as early as 1 am or experience anything remotely dangerous (other than insipidly annoying legally blonde fans). If the rush was truly as bad as all that, they should just switch to a lotto system. Getting rid of the rush altogether just sounds kinda cheap to me.

Duckie93
#51re: BEWARE of JERSEY BOYS Rush (Not a Normal Rush Thread)
Posted: 6/29/07 at 6:14pm

Thats horrible. Did they ever find the @$$holes?(sorry for my langauge.)

2008 Pirandello Players of SBHS present "Damn Yankees"

dreamz
#52re: BEWARE of JERSEY BOYS Rush (Not a Normal Rush Thread)
Posted: 6/30/07 at 12:15am

I work there in the morning I am not sure if they found him but they have his full name and the school he attends. So they will get him if they are looking for him.

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#53re: BEWARE of JERSEY BOYS Rush (Not a Normal Rush Thread)
Posted: 7/5/07 at 9:14am

So....
Have they switched to a lottery? Or are people still endangering themselves waiting for these rush tickets?
I tried in April and was intimidated out of line by the thugs.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#54re: BEWARE of JERSEY BOYS Rush (Not a Normal Rush Thread)
Posted: 7/5/07 at 9:20am

Rush was discontinued after 6/24.

I haven't heard if they're doing a lottery or not.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Princeton78
#55re: BEWARE of JERSEY BOYS Rush (Not a Normal Rush Thread)
Posted: 7/5/07 at 9:24am

I must say i'm glad. It wasn't safe, and though the show is phenomenal, It's not worth what people in the line were being subjected to.

shesamarshmallow
#56re: BEWARE of JERSEY BOYS Rush (Not a Normal Rush Thread)
Posted: 7/5/07 at 9:27am

There's no lottery - I don't know what they're doing with those rush seats. The only cheap option now is standing room.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

Princeton78
#57re: BEWARE of JERSEY BOYS Rush (Not a Normal Rush Thread)
Posted: 7/5/07 at 9:37am

...and I'm guessing that people still line up for that at 6 A.M.

Becky
#58re: BEWARE of JERSEY BOYS Rush (Not a Normal Rush Thread)
Posted: 7/5/07 at 9:42am

Anyone know if what orangeskittles said about RENT rush in the past was true? Did they have a cop there?

I stood in the RENT rush line in the summer of '97 - a few weeks before they changed it to lottery - and I don't remember there being a security guard there.

**Edited to say that I can't say for sure that one wasn't hired or didn't come in near the end - but I didn't see one there a few weeks before the lotto started.....
Updated On: 7/5/07 at 09:42 AM