pixeltracker

Maureen Moore and Dale Soules TOMORROW, 7/17- Page 4

Maureen Moore and Dale Soules TOMORROW, 7/17

bwaylvsong
#75re: Maureen Moore TOMORROW, 7/17
Posted: 7/18/07 at 10:31pm

I was there at about 10:10 and I would guesstimate about 8 were given out. The house was packed to capacity, I believe.

DGSweet
#76re: Maureen Moore TOMORROW, 7/17
Posted: 7/19/07 at 12:58am

Saw Maureen's performance on Tuesday night, thought it was extaordinary. I got a sense that something was going wrong in the second act, but I had no idea till later it was an asthma attack. But I saw her USING what was happening to her and making spontaneous choices to support the performance. The fact that she must have been in considerable discomfort and still kept going and making artistically valid choices comes under the heading of valor as far as I'm concerned.

Was in the orchestra and the house was pretty close to full. I suppose some people disappointed that Ms. Ebersole wasn't there may have turned in their tickets, but I doubt if there were all that many. At any rate, it took maybe 15 minutes for the audience to deal with their disappointment and appreciate what was going on, and after that they were present every second.

And at the end, in one big swoop, as Maureen took the stage, virtually everybody stood up and there was cheering. It was heartening to see an audience this generous in its appreciation given how disappointed some of it may have been initially. That she made and sustained the connection while fighting asthma is what they should give out medals for.

RuprechtJr.
#77re: Maureen Moore TOMORROW, 7/17
Posted: 7/19/07 at 6:47am

bwaylvsong:

Yeah, the house was filled to capacity; filled with rude old ladies who wouldn't stand up to let people get to their seats no matter how nicely you would ask them (Thankfully I wasn't a victim), and a young girl behind me who, within the first five minuets, loudly said "I don't like this show!" and repeated several times throught the night. Unbelievably, the mother turned to her daughter at intermission and asked the child "So what to you think of the show so far?" Asa was on for Matt.

Also, there were two empty seats next to me. One was an end seat. Right before "Around the World" a man came rushing in with an umbrella and some kind of case (it was dark, hard to see) and sat next to me. I glanced over at him and noticed his hair, then the side of his face (still didn't have me convinced), and then heard his laugh and his "Bravas!" It was Matt Cavenaugh! Either that or it was someone who looked just like him and sounded just like him.

bwaylvsong
#78re: Maureen Moore TOMORROW, 7/17
Posted: 7/19/07 at 10:48am

Really? The lady told me I got the last rush seat (it was an end seat in the front row, but I could see everything). Also, I can't imagine Matt Cavenaugh being any better than Asa was in the role, based on the clips I've seen of him, and the u/s Jackie was pretty damn good, too. I actually feel that(at least today) Erin gave a stronger performance than Mary, and that Christine somehow did deserve that Tony over Audra. She was amazing, and I was very pleasantly surprised at her gorgeous voice, which came off as average in the clips I've seen.

bwaylvsong
#79re: Maureen Moore TOMORROW, 7/17
Posted: 7/19/07 at 10:51am

Oh, I wrote this on another thread, but here were two comments I heard from old ladies.

1.) Which one was Katrina Eversaul?
2.) That wasn't Angela Lansbury?!?