pixeltracker

Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???

Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#1Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 12:26pm

What actress should play it?

I mentioned Anne Hathaway or Emmy Rossum, but there must be a better pick out there.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 12:28pm

Queen Latifah

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

muscle23ftl
#2re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 12:28pm

=x

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
Wanna Be A Foster
#4re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 12:30pm

Ooh Ooh! Let's start another thread where we list all of the skinny white girls in Hollywood! This one is gonna be long!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

muscle23ftl
#5re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 12:33pm

It's not just skinny girls in Hollywood, it has to be a girl who can play a naive role, hit the notes that are required, and she can be a Broadway star I guess, they already have Glenn Close, who should sell the movie pretty well.

Funny Face Profile Photo
Funny Face
wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#7re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 12:35pm

I've never seen Sunset, but I want Anne Hathaway to play it because I want her to do a musical.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Wanna Be A Foster
#8re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 12:43pm

I just find it funny that whenever people start these casting threads for movie musicals, it's always the same skinny, pretty, white actors listed. Because in Hollywood, you're cast by type.

Unless of course it calls for a fat black woman, in which case the ONLY person in all of Hollywood who can be cast is Queen Latifah. She has become Hollywood's go-to fat black lady. Lucky her.

But really, the skinny pretty white ingenues? When you're in your 20s in Hollywood and you fit that physical description, those are the types of roles you play. You're the ingenue. We need to list them?

-Kad

kellybean2
#9re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 12:46pm

Who cares? If Close has been cast, I won't be going near it anyway.

wonderfulwizard11
#10re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 12:53pm

Foster, if you aren't going to really contribute, why are you posting in this thread?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Wanna Be A Foster
#11re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 12:54pm

I was contributing.

-Kad

Kringas
#12re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 12:54pm

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey
Updated On: 8/12/07 at 12:54 PM

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#13re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 1:09pm

Please not Emmy Rossum. She already did Phantom that was MORE than enough.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#14re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 1:14pm

Wait... Betty isn't naive or even close to being an innocent ingenue. She's young, bright and opportunistic, knows what she wants, and definitely knows her way around Hollywood.

I vote for Scarlett Johannson to play it.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#15re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 1:19pm

"I've never seen Sunset, but I want Anne Hathaway to play it because I want her to do a musical."

Hathaway auditioned for (and has a good shot at getting) Claudia in the "Nine" film.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#16re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 1:36pm

As much as I hate her I think ScarJo would do a decent job

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

wonderfulwizard11
#17re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 1:37pm

Ooh, that makes me much happier (about Hathaway and NINE).

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#19re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 2:24pm

Best12Bars, You said it best!

But, I would like to see Anne Hathaway in the role so that I can hear what her voice is made of.
However, if memory serves, isn't most of Betty's singing sorta like "dialogue singing"?????? I mean, I don't recall her having a solo. She might have some little duet, but I remember most of the singing being more like dialogue, and if that's the case I would think that that would be cut for the movie (meaning the characters would just speak the lines, not sing them).

So, Singing may not be such a big requirement as you might think.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#20re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 2:36pm

Here is a cover of Queen's "Somebody to Love" that Hathaway did for a movie of hers a few years back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKhuSJ-0v4Y

She sounds pretty terrific if you ask me (and was a finalist for Christine in the POTO film.)

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 8/12/07 at 02:36 PM

Wanna Be A Foster
#21re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 2:49pm

MTVMANN, Betty sings "Too Much In Love To Care" with Joe, and it requires a pretty beautiful singing voice.

-Kad

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#22re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 2:51pm

Thanks! I like that :) She can definately handle any singing that Betty has!

muscle23ftl
#23re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 3:00pm

Thanks for posting the clip somethingwicked, I hope none Applegate or Johanssen get to play Betty. I doubt they can sing the role anyways. It sounds like Anne Hathaway could do it though.

MTV, Betty's singing is dialogue singing in which Judy Kuhn and Alice Ripley went high. In between some big numbers, Betty has some songs also, although they are not "solos".

muscle23ftl
#24re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 3:02pm

"Every movie's a circus" is sung by Betty and Joe also, as well as "Girl meets boy" and "Betty's office at Parramount".

OMG, I found this clip of Anne Hathaway singing a song from Andrew Lloyd Webber's 'The Woman in White', I think she'd be ALW's 1st choice, now that I hear this, plus her voice sounds a little like Kuhn's even I'd say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnLhKU6C5yQ

Updated On: 8/12/07 at 03:02 PM

Videos