pixeltracker

Dirty Dancing the Musical Chicago Reviews- Page 2

Dirty Dancing the Musical Chicago Reviews

jaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
#25re: Dirty Dancing the Musical Chicago Reviews
Posted: 10/21/08 at 8:09am

Saw it couple of weeks ago in London, just after cast change. Its just strange, the leads not singing leaves you just confused. Some great dancing though. Overall not worth paying for and very sad people do when we have much better shows.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#26re: Dirty Dancing the Musical Chicago Reviews
Posted: 10/21/08 at 8:22am

AllyA, you work for the production.

Go away.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#27re: Dirty Dancing the Musical Chicago Reviews
Posted: 10/21/08 at 3:13pm

I don't really understand why it has to be the "regular" type of musical. Why can't it just be accepted for what it is?

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#28re: Dirty Dancing the Musical Chicago Reviews
Posted: 10/21/08 at 4:46pm

Because what it is is a cop out, a cheap way to make maximum money with minimum effort, it was also billed as a musical BY THEM at first here in the UK until people begun to realize it wasn't and they got a lot of heat for it.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#29re: Dirty Dancing the Musical Chicago Reviews
Posted: 10/21/08 at 4:51pm

What is wrong if they are making money AND thousands of people are enjoying themselves? You should see how crazy people get in Toronto before/during performances.

Hypothetically (a big hypothetically) if it makes it to Broadway and by some miracle is nominated for a Tony, what category would you say it would be nominated in? Best Play? I don't think so. It's a musical!

MamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
#30re: Dirty Dancing the Musical Chicago Reviews
Posted: 10/21/08 at 4:55pm

'Best Not a Live Show Because Most Is On Tape But The Band Play Sometimes Award'

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#31re: Dirty Dancing the Musical Chicago Reviews
Posted: 10/21/08 at 5:37pm

Well because it isn't a play. There still is singing and dancing.

But that doesn't make it a musical anymore than the movie is a musical. It's a play.