News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Tag

Tag Profile Photo
Member Name: Tag
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

John Napier's Brilliant Set Designs for the original SUNSET BOULEVARD  Apr 16 2024, 11:39:38 AM

Anyone know how they preset the Norma at the top of the stairs? Did they fly it in, and then she ran up there? (The Tony's video would suggest, at least for that event, that she was up there at the top of the show)

Patti LuPone Will Return to Broadway in THE ROOMMATE Opposite Mia Farrow  Apr 11 2024, 10:24:22 AM

I thought this was a late April fools' joke.

I hope the members picket.

Who performs at the Tony Awards? (predictions)  Mar 30 2024, 01:40:46 PM

Also wish they'd continue the 'throwback' performances like they did in 2021(?). 

Who performs at the Tony Awards? (predictions)  Mar 30 2024, 11:19:20 AM

Wonder if we'll get a Erivo/Grande performance.
Possibly presenting at the Oscars was enough for them.

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?  Mar 18 2024, 12:37:04 PM

Melissa25 said: "His younger self in the videos looks more like Emma Stone to me."

I thought it was Noah Galvin.

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA musical headed to the UK and West End in 2024  Feb 18 2024, 10:27:34 AM

It's Vanessa Williams.

Surprised she'd take this on after Ugly Betty.  But she'll be great in the role.

Wicked Movie Musical Teaser  Feb 13 2024, 02:03:17 PM

^Assuming that is fan made, as the film isn't using Hilferty's designs (as pictured).

Wicked Movie Musical Teaser  Feb 12 2024, 11:36:50 AM

I'm already tired of what Cynthia will wear on the press tour.

Wicked Movie Musical Teaser  Feb 11 2024, 07:17:19 PM

Gives away way too much for a teaser.
Also too much CGI.

Harry Potter Cursed Child - One Show  Jan 4 2024, 07:02:58 AM

JK has little to no involvement with the stage show (except for collecting her cheques).
Her contributions to the script were only to the Dumbledore scenes.

Kennedy Centre Honors 2024  Dec 29 2023, 10:52:10 AM

Lately there's been a 'I have a show on CBS' nominee. My guess for 2024 would be Kathy Bates as she'll have the Matlock reboot.

(I'm sure you all noticed the blatant Equalizer shilling during Latifah's segment)

Kennedy Center honorees announced  Dec 28 2023, 01:05:59 PM

It did make me long for the days of a dignified Walter Cronkite introduction. You know, vs. Estefan doing the Conga (?!)

Are Hairspray rights available?  Nov 28 2023, 02:56:22 PM

MTI's Hairspray page says:
RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. PROCESSING TIME FOR APPLICATIONS MAY EXCEED NORMAL WAIT TIMES. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

Lindsay Mendez in Merrily We Roll Along  Nov 28 2023, 12:02:15 PM

TotallyEffed said: "It seems a bit odd they'd be shooting seven days a week but I suppose anything is possible now that the strike is over."

Even if they are filming a 5 day week, would you be able to work, let's say 60-70 hours in those 5 days, and then do a 3 show weekend on Broadway.  Probably not.

Lindsay Mendez in Merrily We Roll Along  Nov 28 2023, 10:42:00 AM

No one is walking away from seeing Radcliffe and Groff because Mendez is out.
And yes, the majority of people seeing the show probably don't know who she is anyway.  It's the theater nerds that care.

Lindsay Mendez in Merrily We Roll Along  Nov 27 2023, 05:58:26 PM

The announcement of her casting in American Sports Story aligns with when her absences started. And as someone mentioned above, they recently resumed filming. So it's most likely that.

Lindsay Mendez in Merrily We Roll Along  Nov 27 2023, 02:01:14 PM

Is she possibly filming American Sports Story?

The BWW Tech Support Thread  Nov 27 2023, 01:50:00 PM

FYI in my Safari browser there is no option of the Off-Topic board in the "Chat" dropdown menu (from the red bar at the top). Unless they did away with the off-topic board??

The Lion King to open a new sit down production in Toronto!  Nov 24 2023, 05:42:26 PM

Theatrefanboy1 said: "Well hopefully it gets Julie Taylor directly attached to it and not like a assistant."

It will not be Julie.  It has been an associate/assistant pretty much ever since the original production.

The Lion King to open a new sit down production in Toronto!  Nov 23 2023, 12:34:02 PM

Timon3 said: "I thought Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Las Vegas had sit down productions?

The Lion King on stage is the most successful piece of entertainment ever, grossing $7.000.000.000.
"

They have. This announcement is notable because it is the second sit-down in Toronto. The previous one played 2000-2004.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You