pixeltracker

Rent tour; "two significant changes to the production"- Page 10

Rent tour; "two significant changes to the production"

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#225re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/8/09 at 4:33pm

You can enjoy the show your way and I'll enjoy it my way.

Nobody else can enjoy the show at all if you enjoy it your way. So if they can't, why should you? I just hope the less selfish considerate audience members call the house manager and get the disruptive self-centered kids kicked out of the theatre. If they have no consideration for anyone else, then turnabout is fair play.

I don't even know what makes anyone think the actors want to be distracted on stage during the show. It certainly isn't doing them any favors.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

SporkGoddess
#226re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/8/09 at 4:54pm

Would I get sniped at if I said that I wouldn't be surprised if Anthony Rapp and RENT end up like Jennifer Holliday and Dreamgirls?

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#227re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/8/09 at 5:00pm

Would I get sniped at if I said that I wouldn't be surprised if Anthony Rapp and RENT end up like Jennifer Holliday and Dreamgirls?

I won't snipe as Anthony will probably be best known for Rent, definitely. He had a career prior to it, but not hugely well-known, I think.

He did do You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown after Rent, and the Little Shop Tour (both good roles for him, in my opinion) after Rent. Some other stuff, but no other Broadway roles...hmmm. And, as someone said upthread, his book and show around it does have a lot to do his experiences in the show.

Agnes
#228re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/8/09 at 5:04pm

I think the changes are different but life is about differences and changes and RENT really radiates that message so the changes are different.

Also I agree with what is said about Anthony and Adam but again everyone ages, it is just one of those life changes. I think it really illustrates that fact.

brandontwin2 Profile Photo
brandontwin2
#229re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/9/09 at 4:39pm

I can't say I agree with the whole adult Rent tour idea, but in Charlie Brown Anthony was perfection so I'll give him some room :)

Videos