Natalie Weiss

buffyactsing Profile Photo
buffyactsing
#75re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/9/09 at 6:30am

It's way unfair to use American Idol to judge someone's talent. They've had finalists that frankly were unpleasant to listen to (which I doubt anyone would say of Ms. Weiss's voice at the very least) and have cut fabulous singers. It isn't about talent, it's about what "types" they want that particular year and if they can find people to fit them. It's carefully crafted, not a true talent competition.

"This ocean runs more dark and deep than you may think you know...I'll be the fear of the fire at sea." -Marie Christine

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#76re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/9/09 at 10:02am

It's way unfair to use American Idol to judge someone's talent. They've had finalists that frankly were unpleasant to listen to (which I doubt anyone would say of Ms. Weiss's voice at the very least) and have cut fabulous singers. It isn't about talent, it's about what "types" they want that particular year and if they can find people to fit them. It's carefully crafted, not a true talent competition.

Word to that. I had a friend of a friend audition when I was an undergrad. He had an awesome voice and made it through the first five "pre-judge" rounds before being cut because he didn't have a bold personality (he was attractive, but very reserved and quiet when not singing).

On topic: Natalie has a nice voice, yes. I can't truly judge acting from the YouTube clip I watched, but she does have control in her voice. In she makes it big someday, good for her. But even with talent, it is a harsh business. I envy those with the drive to go for it - I wish I could!

reillyjennings
#77re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 8/15/09 at 4:38am

One trick pony is definitely the key word for this girl. Damn right she can belt the **** out of anything and is an incredible musician, no doubt there. But 95% of the music she performs sounds the same to me.. with a ton of riffs and insane high notes. I love listening to it but I see no real innovative musical genius inside.

"Tell me, what's the challenge if you never try? So watch me fly, cause I'm not afraid." -Songs for a New World

DancingThroughLife2
#78re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 8/15/09 at 10:40am

obviously everyone isn't going to agree on who is good and who's not but i know earlier in this topic there was talk about her being in Wicked and she was on the 2nd natl tour as the Elphaba u/s . personally i am a fan of hers but everyone has there own opinions