Natalie Weiss

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#1Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/4/09 at 11:41pm

so, personally, I never heard of her until my friend showed me her on youtube, but I LOVE her voice SO much!!!!
I am amazed that she has yet to be on Broadway, sure there are reason why, but vocally, she is definately capable of a lot of roles!
I did a search on here and saw a lot of people want her to be Elphaba, but I think she can do SO much better!!!!!
but yeah, anyone else agree??
Also, LOVE LOVE LOVE her singing I'm Not Alone from Carrie
I'm Not Alone

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#2re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/4/09 at 11:46pm

She sings quite well, just wish she could act. Acting is vital for landing roles on broadway.

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#2re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/4/09 at 11:47pm

I don't get the hype. Her face is almost always completely expressionless. She has a nice enough voice, but there's nothing really unique about it. I wouldn't be excited about her being cast in any shows in the future.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

Pianolin717
#3re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/4/09 at 11:52pm

expressionless??
I don't know, her Alto's Lament is def. one of my favorites
I think she has a lot of expression, and comedic timing
Alto's Lament

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#4re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/4/09 at 11:53pm

I don't need to watch her videos, thank you, I've seen her perform live, and was just as unimpressed as I was watching her on my screen.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#5re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/4/09 at 11:58pm

It's like she skipped acting lessons during college.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

dexter3
#6re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/4/09 at 11:58pm

omg!

I can't believe what i'm hearing!

I really think she's fantastic...both in person and on youtube.

And I completely agree about her comedic timing. Few actors have such great comedic impulses.

Harpz2006
#7re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/4/09 at 11:59pm

She said she's been "approved" to be the next Elphaba u/s in WICKED as soon as a spot opens (is this common practice?).
Updated On: 1/4/09 at 11:59 PM

hannahjane43 Profile Photo
hannahjane43
#8re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/4/09 at 11:59pm

Updated On: 7/8/09 at 11:59 PM

Pianolin717
#9re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/5/09 at 12:02am

yes! her impressions, are SPOT ON fort he most part, except for her britney spears, but her Heather Headley is pretty much perfect, as with Celine Dion
Impressions

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#10re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/5/09 at 12:16am

Because no Elphaba EVER has been a poor actress re: Natalie Weiss (I'm looking at you, Shoshana Bean...)

Pianolin717
#11re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/5/09 at 12:56am

well, she can do better than be Elphaba, in my opinion

bwaygirl211 Profile Photo
bwaygirl211
#12re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/5/09 at 1:01am

she used to live about 5 minutes away from me...went to my high school, i thought it was kinda cool

Chrysanthemum62001
#13re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/5/09 at 1:02am

meh. I don't really care for her. I think most of her bits in The Alto's Lament have been jacked from other people.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

dapperchapper
#14re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/5/09 at 1:05am

I LOVE NATALIE!!!

here is her defying gravity... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roAvOeV4VNc
(just wait until it hits 2 minutes- she kills the ending)

and I love her spark of creation... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk-da4405o0

and of course, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP9dITHxFPo (wait until 48 seconds)

RentBoy86
#15re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/5/09 at 1:11am

Is she Equity? I mean she has quite a following for not really having done anything? What shows has she done? I know she's attached to "Ever After."

Harpz2006
#16re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/5/09 at 1:13am

She's Equity- she did Les Miz at North Shore and lots of Pittsburgh CLO... but the following is all youtube...

skb2010 Profile Photo
skb2010
#17re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/5/09 at 1:26am

She's ok. She's obviously got some talent, but I want to see her ACT. And dance. Then we can see if she's a triple threat or just overrated.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I? I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

LongLegs
#18re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/5/09 at 1:34am

She's definitely a dancer. Girl can move very well. I just want to see her make another face when she sings other than a smile or her usual blank face. Those are seriously the only two expressions I've seen on her average looking face. Her voice has no flaws, nice to listen to, but nothing unique in the tone. And like everyone else, I would love to see her perform a monologue and see if it's just in songs that she chooses not to act.
Updated On: 1/5/09 at 01:34 AM

jaso937
#19re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/5/09 at 3:21am

WOW...yall are hardcore. I think she's extremely talented vocally. The acting pieces I've seen of her weren't mind blowing but they weren't bad. There are clips of her in Lippa's Wild Party on youtube that those interested in her acting abilities can check out. Keep in mind that she was like a Junior College so she's not exactly seasoned...but you can definitely see something working.

#20re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/5/09 at 9:36am

A genius at self-promotion.

CateBroadway Profile Photo
CateBroadway
#21re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/5/09 at 11:42am

I think Natalie truly has a gift. I agree that she's not always the most connected to her material, but often the stuff people make her sing is really more in the pop performance genre than great acting pieces. Regardless, I've got to say that she really does have one of the most, if not the most impressive vocal talents in New York. Even Broadway stars famous for their singing don't have as flexible and perfect of a voice as she does. I have never heard her sing a sour note or an unclean riff and every time I think I've seen everything she can do, she surprises me and knocks it out of the park again.
Also, people judge her for promoting herself so much, but I feel like that's just mean spirited. Good for her for finding an outlet to be creative and perform on her downtime in between jobs. To stifle that kind of creativity, self-promoting or not, is being a little vampire-y don'tcha think? Also, she's actually only put up a handful or videos herself. The majority are from high school girls and their digital cameras. Also, you wanna sell out a concert? Put Natalie in it. That girl's fanbase is unbelievable and they are dedicated to making sure everything she does is sold out and captured on youtube.

Pianolin717
#22re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/5/09 at 4:33pm

yeah.. its not her doing the promotion... ok her youtube site only has 8 videos unfortunately re: Natalie Weiss
but her fan base is incredible, especially for never being on Broadway
natalie weiss

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#23re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/5/09 at 5:51pm

What's exceptional about Natalie Weiss is her vocal control and the healthiness of her tone - which therefore allows it to be very expressive. She can belt anything, but her tone is perfectly supported and healthy. Her musicality is just out of this world. She's phenominally talented, and in my opinion, the Liz Callaway of our day.

RentBoy86
#24re: Natalie Weiss
Posted: 1/5/09 at 6:13pm

No doubt she can sing, but I'd like to see her do those "Defying Gravity" riffs 8x a week on Broadway.