pixeltracker

James Barbour concert at Hofstra Univ. June 27- Page 3

James Barbour concert at Hofstra Univ. June 27

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#50re: James Barbour concert at Hofstra Univ. June 27
Posted: 7/2/09 at 1:23am

well let's just hope she is "all for returning" soon!

CyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
#51re: James Barbour concert at Hofstra Univ. June 27
Posted: 7/2/09 at 2:26am

My Camille demo is definitely Linda Eder singing Gold... but I definitely want a Brandi version now.

Also, RE: Lauren Kennedy, where would you suggest starting to listen? Should I just go see Vanities?

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#52re: James Barbour concert at Hofstra Univ. June 27
Posted: 7/2/09 at 10:47am

Are you sure it's Linda? It would have to be virtually the same exact one as on all of her CDs. Haha It sounds just like her on the rest of the demo!

RE Kennedy: If you are / like Jason Robert Brown, buy her solo CD of that. I'm a big fan of her duet with him "I'd Give It All for You," and other than that on her newest CD, (since you seem to be a Wildhorn fan) I'd buy her song "Easy," which is from 'Waiting for the Moon," the Wildhorn show which was/is hers, if it goes anywhere. I haven't given the new one as much of a listen, but it's less JRB and more of other things...!

You'll find people that love her, and people that don't like her. Her voice is .. unique, but I find it in a good way (unlike Annalese van der Pol unfortunately); the exception is sometimes her end belt doesn't sound right (I'm really not a singer / not sure what you'd call this), but then again Brandi Burkhardt sounds like she screams some of her final notes...!

I haven't seen Vanities...but maybe I will (because of her actually).

I don't think she has ever recording a cast-album, with the exception of DRACULA, the musical 2006 Concept album (and in the ensembles of SUNSET BLVD. - she's te first girl I believe in Let's Have Lunch!, SideShow..etc.!)

-----
To the Eder Fan :) / Pianolin717 :

There is actually a show being constructed..sort of "around her" or atleast it was. I don't know how far the development has gone into it since 2006-7-ish, but the show is called "The Seduction of Shelia Valentine" - book, music and lyrics by Jack Murphy (who is clearly VERY busy right now/this year!).

The essential plot is a faded film star who wants to make a comeback (I kid you not!) who is living alone, and a faded Singing legend who is now living in Iowa or some Mid-West state, in their fight for the script for what they hope will be a big Broadway hit (The Seduction of Shelia Valentine). So the director or casting person, whoever, brings both actresses back to New York -- but the other doesn't know they asked the other to audition for it as well.

Linda's got a great tune in there ... and I kid you not last I heard it is still called "Back Where I Belong," which is the moment Eder's character (the Singing Legend .. go figure!) re-enters Grand Central Station for the first time in years.

If "A Tale of Two Cities" got as bashed as it did for having similar plot points (which wasn't Santoriello's writing anyway!) and directing (that was a problem) comparisons to Les Mis, I can only imagine what comparisons Murphy will get to SUNSET BLVD. The stylings of "Back Where I Belong" and "As If We Never Said Goodbye" are different, but like "Until Tomorrow" and "One Day More"..you cannot avoid that the titles are near synonyms...

The one thing which would probably keep this show alive would be if he was able to get Linda to stay with the show/if it ever happens.

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#53re: James Barbour concert at Hofstra Univ. June 27
Posted: 7/2/09 at 7:45pm

well, if it has Linda in it, we know the vocals will be superb! :)
Thanks for all the information!

Videos