News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Billy Elliot Seating Question

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#1Billy Elliot Seating Question
Posted: 6/15/09 at 7:23pm

I'm going to NYC in July and I was wondering what a good seat for Billy Elliot would be. Nothing specific, just a good seat to see all the action and isn't outragously pricey

Also I am seeing NEXT TO NORMAL and BILLY ELLIOT, and wanted to see one more show, and can't decide, any suggestions, again up for anything

mweitz
#2re: Billy Elliot Seating Question
Posted: 6/15/09 at 7:58pm

a great seat for Billy is the " partial view" right orchestra, you miss none of the action only a bit of the kitchen scene but no biggie. i have sat there before and love it. the seats at $81.50 basically the cheapest they have besides the $41.50 which are extremly hard to get you have to get those seats like months in advance and they are rear mezz not bad though. i just purchased partial view orchestra today for july so they are available =)

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#2re: Billy Elliot Seating Question
Posted: 6/16/09 at 11:56am

anything else?

Geridith Profile Photo
Geridith
#3re: Billy Elliot Seating Question
Posted: 6/16/09 at 12:06pm

You can do partial view in the front mezzanine, but right orchestra is better. Unless you're willing to pay the 126.50, its the best you're going to get. I wouldn't go for rear mezzanine unless you're really strapped for cash, they have the 41.50 seats, which aren't terrible, but aren't great either.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#4re: Billy Elliot Seating Question
Posted: 6/16/09 at 12:11pm

I've sat dead center mezzanine twice as well as partial view right orchestra, I preferred the partial view right orchestra- and the price didn't hurt either :]

As for the third show: you are seeing two shows with rather intense moments so I would recommend '9 to 5' for a third- it's light and fun.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#5re: Billy Elliot Seating Question
Posted: 6/16/09 at 2:42pm

Thanks, for the info. Sat right orch and loved it. Sorry I was wondering how if partial view left orch?.

If they have student rush that day, rows d-f in rear mezz are 41.50.

Geridith Profile Photo
Geridith
#6re: Billy Elliot Seating Question
Posted: 6/16/09 at 2:53pm

Left orch PV is 126.50. The rationalization for this is because of how the set is constructed, you actually can see the entire set from left PV, but not from right PV. In reality, though, with the way the show is staged, your view is much better from house right PV than left. You end up looking at people's backs a lot on the left side, especially Billy's.

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#7re: Billy Elliot Seating Question
Posted: 6/16/09 at 3:15pm

Thanks, Geredith for the info. I am hoping to see the show again june 23rd and saving a full price ticket for the sad day when one of the Billy's leaves.

Videos