News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

RENT Filmed Live On Broadway to DVD/Blue-Ray -- Feb 3 (and bonus features!)- Page 2

RENT Filmed Live On Broadway to DVD/Blue-Ray -- Feb 3 (and bonus features!)

binau Profile Photo
binau
#25re: RENT Filmed Live On Broadway to DVD/Blue-Ray -- Feb 3 (and bonus featur
Posted: 11/24/08 at 7:58pm

>So... Is it too soon to see/hope if this means we'll have any similar releases for other Broadway shows?

Pacific Overtures!! Please!! But yes, I think it is absolutely too soon.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Rotel1026
#26re: RENT Filmed Live On Broadway to DVD/Blue-Ray -- Feb 3 (and bonus featur
Posted: 11/24/08 at 8:16pm

"accompanied by a 5.1 Dolby TrueHD soundtrack."

That's referring to the audio track on the DVD.

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#27re: RENT Filmed Live On Broadway to DVD/Blue-Ray -- Feb 3 (and bonus featur
Posted: 11/24/08 at 10:15pm

To be precise. it's referring to the audio track on the Blu-ray ! Plain DVDs don't carry TrueHD !

Oh and congratulations to Brody and NGD who shared that info two weeks ago and were right even up to the date of the release announcement, even if they were questioned by some ignorant new members !

Updated On: 11/24/08 at 10:15 PM

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#28re: RENT Filmed Live On Broadway to DVD/Blue-Ray -- Feb 3 (and bonus featur
Posted: 11/25/08 at 12:27am

Yay!!! Love me some Adam Kantor!!! And in Blu-ray to boot! LOL!

Xanadu! Can't cry on cue!

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#29re: RENT Filmed Live On Broadway to DVD/Blue-Ray -- Feb 3 (and bonus featur
Posted: 11/25/08 at 12:35am

I wouldn't take this as a sign that other shows will release their final performance on DVD.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"
Updated On: 11/25/08 at 12:35 AM

feline0favenueQ Profile Photo
feline0favenueQ
#30re: RENT Filmed Live On Broadway to DVD/Blue-Ray -- Feb 3 (and bonus featur
Posted: 11/25/08 at 10:55am

Would Spring Awakening do that?

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#31re: RENT Filmed Live On Broadway to DVD/Blue-Ray -- Feb 3 (and bonus featur
Posted: 11/25/08 at 1:42pm

With so many shows posting closing dates I hope Sony sees this is an opportunity to include them in their HotTicket series line up.

I am not a big fan of Spring Awakening personally but I think it would be great to record this Tony Award winning show if not for posterity.

Also, with a recognizable title I think Young Frankenstien would not only attract young people but an older crowd as well. Would Brooks allow it be recorded or will he try to release a movie version of the show like he did with The Producers?

ashley0139
#32re: RENT Filmed Live On Broadway to DVD/Blue-Ray -- Feb 3 (and bonus featur
Posted: 11/25/08 at 4:30pm

I avoided cameras on the final day like the plague so I hope I didn't somehow sneak my way on there.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Marissa2 Profile Photo
Marissa2
#33re: RENT Filmed Live On Broadway to DVD/Blue-Ray -- Feb 3 (and bonus featur
Posted: 11/25/08 at 7:23pm

I avoided cameras as much as possible the last two days, but I have a bad feeling I didn't do the best possible job.. I ended up right in front of cameras without realizing it a couple of times. I can't wait for this DVD though, especially all the bonus footage!

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#34re: RENT Filmed Live On Broadway to DVD/Blue-Ray -- Feb 3 (and bonus featur
Posted: 11/25/08 at 7:34pm

I'm sure Brooks would not allow them to record it... he will possibly try to do a musical movie, and with that said, im sure that a filmed Broadway show would not do well... no one is as known as the original cast

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#35re: RENT Filmed Live On Broadway to DVD/Blue-Ray -- Feb 3 (and bonus featur
Posted: 11/26/08 at 1:39pm

does anyone know if/ or when the box art is going to be released. i hope they keep they're original poster but does anyone know where i can find it

Videos