News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

amda '06 hopeful as for help

agirlcandream85
#0amda '06 hopeful as for help
Posted: 6/19/05 at 10:09pm

i know there are tons of amda threads on here and i have been through a ton of them but i m 19 going on 20 and i am currently training for amd to go fall 06 if accepted and i wa swondering if anyone who had auditoned and got accerpted recently could give me some advice on auditions(i never auditioned for a major school for musical theatre ) and if they like or dislike the school !! i have always had dreams of going here my whole life but coming form a poor urban family with a mother who just recovered from a lifetime of serious medical conditions(i went to 9 high schools in 5 states in 4 yrs)it was never and option for me to get good consistant training and my grades suffered greatly so for me getting into a amda would be liek a dream come true

trpguyy
#1re: amda '06 hopeful as for help
Posted: 6/19/05 at 10:32pm

They will be extremely tough on you in the audition. They want to see how you take criticism. Be confident about yourself.

My friend auditioned and got in, not because sher audition was great, but because they saw great potential in her, and that she had the right attitude. The man was very rude to her, and she just took it with a positive attitude. I'm sure he's not actually like that, it's just a "test."

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#2re: amda '06 hopeful as for help
Posted: 6/19/05 at 10:46pm

Ih...I would put a wisecrack on your puncuation, but I'll be sympathetic.

AMDA is one of the many musical theatre schools out there. If you'd like to check out some more schools, check out the BFA College Thread.

Not only does your acceptance rely on your talent, but unfortunately for you, the way that you are prepared. But, if you show that you're willing to work hard to make up for lost time and show that you have potential and something to offer, then it makes you stand out as an individual. It's not saying that you'll get in, because it's so extremely competitive, I can't put it into words, but you can walk out of that audition knowing you did your best.

Musical theatre is a very blunt field, in my opinion, especially when you're starting out. If someone sees the potential to train you, then they might see the potential in you that you might have a future in this career. If not, you can either A) Accept that fact and go into another field or B) deny the fact and continue to go out for auditions, hoping that your talent will nab the attention of some agent or casting director.

Hoped that helped and best of luck.

This is my signature.

agirlcandream85
#3re: amda '06 hopeful as for help
Posted: 6/21/05 at 10:15pm

thanx for the advice form everyone i went to my new voice teacher today and she said i have the voice and a chance to make it the song i am going to audition with is "think of me" from the phantom of the opera since i have a very high range which is strong i am at a high c so we will see lol anyways thanx again and as for my grammatical and puctuation errors lol i really never considered it when i was typing plus i usually type in spanish so its a lil different but thanx for the sympathy

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#4re: amda '06 hopeful as for help
Posted: 6/21/05 at 11:05pm

keep your dreams alive. Go out and audition, have fun. You seem like you've been through a lot. Use your past experiences in your acting and it can only make you both a stronger performer and a stronger person.

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#5re: amda '06 hopeful as for help
Posted: 6/21/05 at 11:10pm

I would suggest another song. "Think of Me" is very overdone. Try to find something mroe obscure that woudl really make you stand out.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#6re: amda '06 hopeful as for help
Posted: 6/21/05 at 11:23pm

why don't you try "Dear Friend' from SHE LOVES ME.. you can act that out and sing the crap out of it. It's rather high.

iluvtheatertrash
#7re: amda '06 hopeful as for help
Posted: 6/21/05 at 11:33pm

Don't use THINK OF ME. It's done a lot. What they liked about my audition was that I used GETHSEMMENAE from JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR. The man said he rarely hears it and enjoyed hearing it for once.

Anyhow, they were very polite to me at audition and didn't give me a single ounce of criticism. I was accepted but rejected the acception.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

jacqueline
#8re: amda '06 hopeful as for help
Posted: 6/21/05 at 11:37pm

hey- iluvtheatertrash - where did you end up going instead (if you don't mind me asking)?

Videos