News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

dracula question

evil_twin2327
#0dracula question
Posted: 12/30/04 at 2:21pm

i am planning to try and get student rush tickets for the show on saturday night. as i understand, there is only the 8pm show that night. my boyfriend is dying to see the show, and as he sits through everything else with me, i figure I owe it to him. :)

my question is, does anyone think that the show will sell out? I plan to get to the BO around 4, when they begin to sell student rush at 4:30. Does this sound reasonable?

my second question is whether or not there is still nudity in the show? (it's actually my boyfriend's question...haha- an extra perk i guess). anyone seen it recently?

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#1re: dracula question
Posted: 12/30/04 at 2:28pm

yes, there is still nudity in the first and second act. but it's not that big of a deal, it's very quick.
about getting tickets, i think arriving at 4 should be fine. i went last monday and got student rush tickets at 4:30. but there was a line behing us so it would be best to get there a little early.
i hope you get to see it! i love dracula, and i'm really sad it's closing!

evil_twin2327
#2re: dracula question
Posted: 12/30/04 at 2:32pm

thanks! i figure it might be a little crowded because of the closing date being the next day, but thank you for your info!

and i know the nudity is brief and unimportant. but it makes the boyfriend slightly more excited about seeing a show, and i will take what i can get. re: dracula question every little bit helps!

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#3re: dracula question
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:55pm

I don't think your boyfriend will have a prblem with the nudity. How could any man have a problem with seeing tits on stage?

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#4re: dracula question
Posted: 12/30/04 at 5:00pm

My friend is a fan of the show and RUSHed manytimes. She never had a problem with getting tickets this way. Last week attendence was around 39% so I highly doubt it would be sold out. Good luck.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

Phanfare Profile Photo
Phanfare
#5re: dracula question
Posted: 12/30/04 at 10:23pm

This probably isn't even being looked at at this point, but I am the huge fan TGIF is talking about whose rushed it many times. I never had a problem rushing it until I went this Tuesday...the show was SRO and according to my friend was SRO last night. I'd get there early because on Tuesday I went to rush at 4 and got the second to last pair (according to the guy) of rush tix. Because it's the last week, it seems to really be crowded. Just a word of warning :)

Dracula 1/2~ I was born to love you and to need you and to let you go free...

BSoBW2
#6re: dracula question
Posted: 12/30/04 at 10:25pm

i was jsut there on wed matinee and they were saying the show was almost sold out....

the orchestra was full - i dunno about the balcony and mezz - but tix were selling fast and the line was out the door...

better off using a code and getting good seats (house seats)

Jasey
#7re: dracula question
Posted: 12/30/04 at 10:57pm

The show has been sold out the last two days - with standing room only.

BSoBW2
#8re: dracula question
Posted: 12/30/04 at 11:01pm

i'm sad i can't see it again!

AdamJ Profile Photo
AdamJ
#9re: dracula question
Posted: 12/31/04 at 3:23am

I was there last week during the 39% attendance, lol. I got upper balcony tix at half of (basically for about $17 each) and since there were about 14 people there, they closed the balcony and I ended up getting sat 2nd row mezz center (which are the $101 seats). All in all a pretty good deal, I saved 83%. I actually enjoyed the show, it was definitely fun. I can totally see why it's closing, but it was one of those fun special effects shows that's just visually stimulating. The ushers at that performance were horrible though...they were all variations of my elderly jewsih grandmother who lives in West palm beach... so MEAN!!

<<<<< How cute was Johnny T in High School? No, you can't ask how I got that picture :-P

#10re: dracula question
Posted: 12/31/04 at 3:28am

the day before ANY show closes you should get there EARLY or buy in advance. youre taking a big risk. Rocky Horror wasnt considered a great show but it had crazy fans (ahem) and some of them slept outside the whole night just to get tickets when it was close to closing. Doubt it will happen for Dracula but someone getting there at 2 or 3 wont be unreasonable if its their last or only chance.

Phanfare Profile Photo
Phanfare
#11re: dracula question
Posted: 12/31/04 at 12:10pm

I already know people planning on camping out to get those tickets *points to self* (as well as others) so definately either order in advance or like i said before, try to get there early. Better to have to be in the city longer and actually get the tickets then take the chance and wind up dissapointed.

cathywellerstein
#12re: dracula question
Posted: 12/31/04 at 12:57pm

so what time are people planning on getting there for the sunday matinee if they want student tickets?

Phanfare Profile Photo
Phanfare
#13re: dracula question
Posted: 12/31/04 at 2:09pm

Probably before the box office opens. I know people who are planning on being there by 8 in the morning. I already have tickets so I really don't know, but I'd be there early

cathywellerstein
#14re: dracula question
Posted: 12/31/04 at 4:09pm

8 in the morning?! for student rush tickets? or just tickets in general?

Phanfare Profile Photo
Phanfare
#15re: dracula question
Posted: 12/31/04 at 4:21pm

Student Rush...this will be before the box office opens, but these people are quite obsessed and don't already have tickets, and want to be totally sure they get to see the final performance.

#16re: dracula question
Posted: 1/1/05 at 8:18am

well i stand corrected, I guess dracula does has fans almost as crazy as rocky horror did. i knew some kids who saw the show saturday, ran outside and started the rush line for the next day before the cast finished their curtain call.

Videos