News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pitfever

Member Name: pitfever
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Darren Criss in Hedwig  May 7 2015, 08:18:41 PM

Well, this reviewer, plus a few people on the comment section, loved it.  That's good to know... :)

http://www.thebacklot.com/review-darren-criss-takes-on-hedwig/05/2015/

Darren Criss in Hedwig  Apr 13 2015, 07:36:07 PM

What a load of crap to think that they only bring in DC to make money. Sure, he has fans. But he is not any big star. If they want just to make $$, there any many more bigger stars than DC.

What an insult.  DC has the raw talents obviously they know that will work.  He has great stage presence and energy which is perfect for the role.

I saw him on H2$. Vocally, he still needed improvement. However I was very impressed on his talent and stage presence. He only h

RUSH Tix  Jun 26 2013, 02:59:16 PM
I plan to go to NYC in either July or Aug. I'd like to see one or two of these shows. Any RUSH? I know this topic has been discussed, but it's hard to find them...Thanks in advance

- Newsies
- Spider-man
- Kinky Boots
- Once
- Pippin (I think $37, 20 seats each show?)
- Book of Mormon

I don't like lottery. I'd rather go early and wait to get my tickets

Thanks

Broadway.com Audience Choice Awards 2012  May 21 2012, 05:12:28 PM
beautywickedlover:
Wat a surprise, the Gleeks got together and voted for Darren Criss. They also voted for 'Godspell' to win because Telly Leung was in it.

What a surprised hater like you like to single out Glee and Darren Criss. Don't like it? Too bad for you! Get over your hate already!

Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED  May 13 2012, 10:14:52 AM
"I agree, but I did find it mildly off puttin g how in his initial spat of interviews, on Ellen etc, he made a huge point of how he's gay friendly but not gay."

He did not make a huge point about it. It's the over-sensitive people made a huge point about it.

Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED  May 12 2012, 12:10:45 AM
Contract talk is off topic isn't it?

I thought this is about DC to star in a still-someone-making-it-up TV version?

Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED  May 11 2012, 10:32:11 AM
"Can they autotune down his Gayness?"

Can you autotune down your hatred?

Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED  May 10 2012, 10:29:55 PM
Still no source? So why are you guys assume it's true???
Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED  May 10 2012, 03:24:00 PM
By the way....is there any source for this or just rumor made up by the poster?

I doubt it's true or DC fans would have known about it already. I won't even bother to speculate who's playing what until there's a source about this crazy rumor.

Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED  May 10 2012, 02:07:17 PM
Clumsydude15

It's just a matter of personal taste whether you like his take on Finch. It's just a different Finch, doesn't mean it's the wrong Finch. And I never saw that his Finch was a clown. His was more charming.

As for his fans being obnoxious...well, his fans are not the only group. He also has lots of haters who'd do anything to bash him whenever they can also.

Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED  May 10 2012, 02:00:16 PM
Curtinpulldowner
Yes, I have seen him live in theater, 3 times. He may not have the musical theater voice, but he doesn't need help. I've also seen him live in concert. He's more than fine in his vocal.

HOW TO SUCCEED To Play Final Performance on Broadway Sunday, May 20th  May 10 2012, 12:33:40 AM
No need to worry about Darren Criss. He has signed major record deal, and he composes his own music, has a musical company, just did a movie with Wiig... He will be fine.
Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED  May 10 2012, 12:27:20 AM
Wickerock:
At least now they'll be able to autotune him so he sounds like he's somewhere near the right key...

If you had listened to the a capalla versions of his songs on Glee, you will know he wasn't autotuned. But based on what you said, obviously you never had. But no surprised.

HOW TO SUCCEED To Play Final Performance on Broadway Sunday, May 20th  May 8 2012, 10:46:36 PM
I'm so glad I got to see it when Darren Criss was on. I had the best time in NYC and the show was great! I was hoping DC would resume another short run this summer so I can go to NYC to relive the magic. Oh well, thanks for the great memory though :)
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5  Feb 6 2012, 11:58:13 PM
booth0882
Speak for yourself! Darren was fantastic in the role of Finch. He most mostly positive reviews in the media. Only a few negative reviews and were all from the people here. H2$ would love to have him back if he could. And based on one of the producers' recent tweet, it's possible in this coming summer.

Darren Criss in talks to join Chicago this summer as Billy Flynn?  Jan 31 2012, 11:55:43 PM
I replied to dramamama611 because s/he said that by voicing that the Chicago role's not suit for Darren, that doesn't mean the people are haters. True. But I just want to point him/her out that there ARE haters on this boards.

Sure you can voice your opinion, so was I. You think he was a great actor, I thought he was fantastic in that role. It's just matter of taste. But just because you don't like him on Broadway, that doesn't mean he should stay away from Broadway. Why, because

Darren Criss in talks to join Chicago this summer as Billy Flynn?  Jan 31 2012, 11:22:47 AM
dramamama611:

Saying Darren's not suit for the role doesn't mean people are haters. I personally don't think he's suit for the role either.

But if you can read, there are many haters on this board. Why can't he stay away from Broadway? You own it? He can return whenever he wants as long as there are producers want him and people want to see him.

You personally have not seen it, so how can you judge, just based on a few reviewers here?

I have seen h

Darren Criss in talks to join Chicago this summer as Billy Flynn?  Jan 31 2012, 11:15:43 AM
Jen Namoff, one of H2$ producers, confirmed on tweeter that Darren will NOT be in this show.

Now, it will make sense if it comes from Darren's management team or agent. But why would a H2$ producer know or involve in this? I smell something is cooking... My bet is that Darren will return to H2$ during Glee's summer hiatus for another short run.

Darren Criss in talks to join Chicago this summer as Billy Flynn?  Jan 29 2012, 12:41:38 PM
Oh, look at all the haters!

You do realize that the more you hate, the more it proofs that Criss is getting more popular and successful. Haters gonna hate right?

Darren Criss & Beau Bridges in HOW TO SUCCEED... Thoughts?  Jan 23 2012, 12:20:29 PM
Criss does not have the Broadway voice which is a blessing. He will have a much better music career than the typical Broadway singers. That doesn't mean he's a studio singer. I have seen him live before, he has an amazing voice singing songs that fit him, such as rock, alternatives, pop and American song books etc.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You