News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for fallingawake

fallingawake Profile Photo
Member Name: fallingawake
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The End of Longing @ MCC  May 21 2017, 12:46:44 AM

great review Whizzer, you captured a great deal of my thoughts on this show. I liked the idea of the two main characters (Stephanie/Jack) as damaged people trying to connect, but the writing just wasn't there to flesh it out. And I pretty much thought the second storyline with the other two characters was distracting because, especially for Quincy Dunn-Baker, very little motivation was given for the their feelings/actions.

I will however say that I loved the set design, which was a

End of Longing Stage Door?  May 20 2017, 10:57:00 PM

Well, they are only on their 3rd/4th preview shows today, so it's hard to say overall but both Jennifer Morrison and Matthew Perry came out after the first and second performances.  Can't say for the matinees on 2-show days, as the first was today and I have no idea if they came out to sign.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/1/15  Nov 2 2015, 09:22:27 PM

There certainly was a lot of other events going on this week, but it's pretty interesting that total sales isn't too far off the same week the last two years and even the last five judging by the bigger graph (excluding the Sandy downfall of '12).  I'm guessing it's a yearly drop because of Halloween parties (as even if it's during the week, parties are on the weekend, etc)?

Rocky Horror at Bucks County Playhouse  Oct 7 2015, 09:23:51 PM

Just curious, but does anyone know why Bucks County isn't putting on a live Rocky Horror show this year? I went to look a dates/casting and realized they aren't selling tickets/advertising a show, just airing the movie on Halloween. I thought it was a long-standing annual thing for this playhouse?

Elsie Fest: Musical Theater Coachella?  Sep 27 2015, 10:46:07 PM

Starkid is the musical theater group Darren created with his friends while in university. They put their Harry Potter musical on YouTube, where it went viral. I think he wrote a good part of the music/lyrics for the shows they would put on at school. After he got glee, I think he pretty much stopped working with them due to time and better opportunities. But they're all still close friends I think. 

That being said, while I'm a fan of Darren's im not crazy ab

Elsie Fest: Musical Theater Coachella?  Sep 25 2015, 07:53:58 PM

does anyone know if there's a schedule for the different acts/performers posted anywhere?

Breaking News: ON THE TOWN Sets Fall Closing Date on Broadway  Aug 14 2015, 07:20:55 PM

just saw that Tony Yazbeck is out of the show all weekend with an injury, and Tyler Hanes is filling until he gets back on Tuesday. I didn't have a desire to see the show again, but I loved Tyler in the role at PaperMill, so I'm going back. (Still on TDF for this weekend btw).  Anyone know why they went with Tyler instead of the understudy? I'm pretty sure he's been doing regional shows this summer, and wasn't in the production at the Lyric previously.

Source 1  /  Source 2

TDF Update - 7/16  Jul 25 2015, 12:40:13 PM

both times my TDF seats for Hedwig have been rear orchestra, second to last and back row. Last night, they were back row, next to the sound board. View is actually pretty decent, not too obscured.

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jul 25 2015, 12:18:26 PM

I saw the show last night as well and I agree with StageStar and WickedLittleRentHead. Taye's accent was really strange and he clearly was fumbling for lines, and almost fell off the car during his first few scenes. He called out some of his troubles with the mic and make-up (the "whitney rag" may be the temp fix but it was unbelievably distracting). I think one of his strong points is he doing well with improv and off the cuff remarks (much more than Darren did), so that was refreshing. Over

Darren Criss Stage Door  May 16 2015, 05:37:31 PM

I think he's also said he does not come out after matinees on two-show days.

How Does TodayTix work, exactly?  Dec 13 2014, 09:36:29 PM
No tipping is necessary. They are doing exactly what someone at the box office does when you have will call tickets. You give your name and they give you your ticket. I used them once, but I can't remember if you have to show ID or not, but it may vary (also similar to box office will call).

They will be very easily recognizable, wearing a red TodayTix t-shirt or jacket with the logo, so don't interpret their use of the word 'concierge' as anything fancy.

river rush  Nov 18 2014, 10:46:15 PM
has anyone done the daily rush, specifically on a saturday? How has the line been? thanks!
Actors Breaking Character  Oct 11 2014, 06:22:23 PM
Not quite what everyone else is describing, but at On the Town last weekend, when they started up the second act after the intermission, as they were starting to get into the nightclub scenes, they actually casually transitioned into singing 'Happy Birthday' to Tony Yazbeck's grandfather, who was attending that performance. They briefly started the scene, then the night club manager walked to the front of the stage and said something along the lines of 'We heard someone was celebrating a birthda
ON THE TOWN Doesn't Want You To Have To Wait 2 Hours To Eat  Oct 8 2014, 07:34:24 PM
I was at the show last saturday and had a seat in the balcony, and the menus were still there. Many but not all seats had one (maybe they don't replace them after each show if someone grabs one). My seat didn't have one, but the one next to me did, so I grabbed it after the show thinking it was so sort of promo. Surprised it was a menu. Definitely didn't notice anyone ordering anything preshow or at intermission
TDF Update 10/2/14  Oct 2 2014, 08:42:54 PM
Is this the first time Cabaret has been on TDF? I can't remember if I've seen there before
Code for $20 off first purchase on TodayTix  Oct 1 2014, 08:15:33 PM
snagged a code off this thread for a discount, sharing mine for $20 off: LCUHL
BC/EFA Broadway Flea Market and Grand Auction 2014  Sep 9 2014, 10:20:37 PM
they posted on twitter that you can meet Christopher Sieber and "dozens more" at the Flea this year. Not an straightforward declaration of appearing at the auto table/photobooth, but more of a hook about reminding people/getting them excited it seems. I think he's been there the last few years anyways, so I imagine he will be doing the autographs/photobooth this year as well.

https://twitter.com/BCEFA/status/509437731873632256

Subscription Ticket Exchanges  Aug 26 2014, 05:00:46 PM
Is there a best time to exchange subscription tickets for a show, ie as soon as possible or closer to the show date? I just received my roundabout ticket for The Real Thing, and I need to change dates. The show plays October through early January, and I got a late December date that I can't make. Is it better to wait until performances start in October or try to ask now for alternate dates? What is the best method to get the best seat I can out of a new date?

I'm assuming also it's be

Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!  Aug 22 2014, 09:44:27 PM
VotePeron - just got an email this morning with that same discount code ($99/69/49 for Orch/Mezz/Balcony) code HIEBL820

Brenway - the Merch stand definitely takes credit cards

Late Night Shows and Broadway Shows  Jul 28 2014, 12:54:25 PM
Has anyone tried with the Daily Show? I have DS tickets for September, so I was curious if I could actually make an 8pm curtain after the taping, or if his theater is too far off of the theater district.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You