News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Meteora

Member Name: Meteora
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Did Love Die?
 Feb 28 2010, 02:03:39 PM
I know people have very mixed feelings about ALW, and I personally think he is a strange man...but I have really enjoyed a lot of his work. I love Phantom. I was willing to give Love Never Dies a chance...but not with this plot. I personally think this is a misstep. People might see it out of curiosity, but it won't keep bringing people back to the theater the way Phantom has--it just seems bizarre, like a not-that-great fanfiction someone made into a musical and put on stage. It lacks some sort
re: Matthew Hydzik Named West Side Story's New Tony; Cavenaugh Exits Dec. 1
 Dec 20 2009, 09:58:13 AM
We saw the show last night. Hydzik was fine. Nothing spectacular, but capable. He didn't take you out of the show, at any rate. On the other hand, we LOVED Haley Carlucci, who was in for Josefina. We thought she did a great acting job and had a beautiful voice. Very glad we had the opportunity to see her.
re: BYE BYE BIRDIE first preview...
 Sep 20 2009, 02:22:41 PM
I saw the show last night, and was unimpressed. And this is from someone who LOVES the musical.

Stamos was fine. Not spectacular, but fine. I thought Gershon was AWFUL. She just doesn't have a singing voice that is meant for the stage. She quite clearly couldn't hit all the notes in English Teacher. The phrase "Mrs. Phi Beta Kappa Peterson" is repeated at least three times over the course of the show, and Gershon failed to hit it each time, instead changing into an almost whispery voice

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You