News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for I'mNOTthatGIRL72

I'mNOTthatGIRL72 Profile Photo
Member Name: I'mNOTthatGIRL72
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Who's going to see Darren Criss' first performance tonight?
 Jan 4 2012, 08:14:55 AM
One person shouted. I believe they were asked to leave. The opening night was really good. People were really behaved. A lot of hardcore Darren and Starkid fans were there, so we were all really proud of him...we were holding hands and holding our breath. During the show you honestly could hear a pin drop from the audience. And then when it was between scenes, and after numbers, there was applause that brought the house down!!!!!!!!! I was happy. I'm a huge Starkid fan in general, and haven't ha
Book of Mormon Standing Room only in January
 Nov 26 2011, 12:09:29 AM
Hello! My friend and I are coming to New York the first week of January and we were hoping to try for Standing Room Only tickets to the Book of Mormon. We've been going back and forth about when to get there to stand in line. I've heard stories about people who wait all day but my friend thinks because it is January, and an 'off season', we don't have to waste the whole day in line. If anyone has done SRO for this or any other show and has some advice, I'd love to hear it. Thanks and I can't wai
Official: Daniel Radcliffe to Exit HOW TO SUCCEED Jan. 1; Darren Criss to S
 Aug 3 2011, 12:10:28 PM
Darren Criss will sell it, because he is not just "that gay kid on glee'. Darren Criss is a talented performer and composer, and while I don't think he's the strongest singer, he's got a nice voice and the bottom line is HE IS GOING TO SELL TICKETS. Not only for the gleeks, but for us Starkids. Starkid is his theatre company that he belongs to, from the University of Michigan. They hit it big on youtube with their parody musical "A Very Potter Musical", and its sequel, as well as the hilarious s
Most Irritating Scenes/Songs in Musical Theatre
 Jan 24 2011, 10:32:09 AM
I've seen Wicked 4 times and I have to agree that I don't like Something Bad. I know it is an important part of the show but I'm so anxious for it to end because I just want the dancing through life scene to come on-it's my favourite. :)

Other than that....I can't think of any more at the moment. I haven't seen too many show to be fair enough in my critiquing.

DARREN CRISS - What Broadway Show would you cast him in?
 Nov 10 2010, 10:27:24 PM
seeing this thread made me happy! yes he's a good singer, glee just autotunes everyone. I DEFF recommend the potter musicals on youtube tho.

I can see him as fiyero, but it might not work vocally...but please put him in those tight pants! ok thanks

i can also see him as franki valli in jersey boys...anyone? dark eyes and locks? the voice? i think he can do it.
we love you darren! congrats on all your success, and more to come!

Telly Leung on Glee
 Nov 6 2010, 06:17:03 PM
the thing that is key here is the Darren Criss being on glee part. In my Starkid loving opinion.
Broadway Wish List
 Oct 17 2010, 09:06:08 PM
Wow, HopeChanged, that's a good one :) I love Story of My Life! Never saw the show but that's an amazing song.
Mine would be...to live in New York City and see shows all the time. That's it. to just be surrounded by the amazingness. To not live in a city that NEVER gets shows (except the occasional relapse...I'm seeing Mamma Mia in a month!). I would love to just see stars on the street and smile at them, normal people doing normal things. I've rarely been happier then the times I spent in that city, and it pains me to live so far away.

Spring Awakening Movie?
 Sep 6 2010, 05:24:26 PM
no thanks, JoeKv99.
What is a memory from a show that will stay with you forever?
 Aug 9 2010, 11:05:49 PM
seeing shrek in the front row and watching john tartaglia walk across the stage, and i realized that there he is, the actual guy, one of my broadway faves. wow i was completely taken aback. i will never forget seeing him for the first time in person. and meeting him after the show.
also in avenue q when during the money song when people put money in the hat as the actors/puppets run down the aisles, someone put a metro card into the hat. rob mcclure (rod/princeton) stopped singing for a sec

Need Advice!!
 Jul 14 2010, 06:19:16 PM
yes, jersey boys! especially if it is his first show, and if he likes music. It is about the history of the music industry! and it is just such a fun night, i loved it.
Totally Awesome- The Official Team Starkid Love Thread
 Jul 13 2010, 05:53:25 PM
first of all, yay for starkid potter fans!
a very potter musical obv. is the best, IMO. So excited for the sequel. I love what these guys did. AVPM is such a tribute to the world of Harry Potter, while still poking fun of it at the same time.
My fave character is ron and malfoy, and i also love harry. even though all three of them act like asses a lot.
So many laugh out loud moments. I've watched it many times, and it still gets to me. Every scene Malfoy is in is the best. I also prefer act 1 to act 2. I love "Back to Hogwarts" and "Granger Danger". To me it's just fantastic amateur production. They just kept it simple yet hilarious.

Running into Broadway stars on the streets of NYC
 Jul 12 2010, 08:22:32 PM
when i was in nyc i saw many broadway stars. it was so fun.
i LITERALLY walked into constentine (sp?) from rock of ages, as he and i both turned the corner. it was cool, i didn't know it was him until a moment later he got into a cab and i said stupidly, 'rock on!'
i also saw one of the original broadway boys from billy elliot. he had a billy elliot shirt on. it made me smile.
and jennifer damiano from next to normal walked by me while i was outside avenue q. i didn't say anything. <

Favortie line from any Broadway Show
 Jul 6 2010, 12:59:40 PM
so many.
chess: "I don't know why i can't think of anything i would rather do/ than be wasting my time on mountains with you." i like how long it takes for freddy and florance to sing that line.
"We can't all fly by bubble."-Wicked
"Everything in life is only for now." words to live by from avenue q
also: "I AM NOT A HOMOWHATEVER!"
"I'm like that bunny on tv with the battery...I just keep goin' and goin' and goin'. Chasing the music. Trying to get home." Jersey Boys
there are more

Shows you'd see over and over...
 Jul 3 2010, 11:15:59 AM
i'm seeing wicked for the fourth time this summer. it's my first national tour, and i have already seen it in london, on broadway, and in chicago. i like seeing different casts in different theaters.
i would also see avenue q again.

Shows you'd NEVER see again?
 Jul 3 2010, 11:13:28 AM
jesus christ superstar. i'm just not a fan.
Boring Shows
 Jun 28 2010, 05:55:14 PM
the movie version of NINE was awful. awful, awful, awful. my friend and i are huge broadway fans and we went to see it together. she fell asleep, and i just started day dreaming. can anyone who has ever seen it on stage tell me it's a better show live? i enjoyed a few songs but the twenty mins of dialogue in between each number were actually painful. of all the musicals they could have made into movies, they pick the most boring one out there. i didn't care about this stupud selfish director and
If you could sit between any two people in theatre history at a dinner part
 Jun 22 2010, 10:41:40 PM
hell i would love to just sit next to seth rudetsky one night and blabber with him about broadway. i think seth by himself would be enough for one evening lol.
and john tartaglia, he's my favourite broadway person and he is an inspiration.

Dream Revivals?
 Jun 20 2010, 07:53:46 PM
MW08, yeah i would love a joseph revival. lots of really talented young male actors these days. aaron would be great...i would love jon groff personally, his voice is gorgeous. i know a lot of people have something against ALW, and i agree some of his shows aren't the greatest but joseph was the first musical i ever fell in love with (the donny osmund video version) and i never got to see it live. some day i hope so.
Best and Worst Show You've Ever Seen
 Jun 10 2010, 06:27:36 PM
best: both times i saw rent....1st time cause it was my first musical ever and changed my life. the moment it was over i had this feeling of, i could die now and that would be ok. it was surreal. i was 15. the second time had adam and anthony, which was just so freaking cool.
best moment in my broadway life was the moment john tartaglia appeared on stage at the beginning of shrek. i LOVE!!!! him, and i was in the front row, and i was so excited. i loved shrek, i don;t care what anyone says!

Those PERFECT shows?
 Jun 7 2010, 06:02:16 PM
I'm a HUGE rent fan, it was the first musical i ever fell in love with...i have seen it twice live and even i agree it is not perfect. there are many parts of it that just don't seem right, but the music and the overall spirit make up for it completely. It may not be perfect, but because it's not, it gives it heart.
i agree that someone's definition of a 'perfect' show can differ from person to person...we're all biased, some way or another.
I would have to say if I could pick the musica

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You