News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Need Advice!!

thumper3
#1Need Advice!!
Posted: 7/14/10 at 4:25pm

Hi all! I'm planning on going to a Broadway show with my boyfriend and would love if someone could give me advice on what show to pick. I have seen a good number of shows in NY, London, etc. and absolutely just love everything. My boyfriend, however, is not a big theater guy. He LOVES music though so I'm thinking that as long as the show has great music, he'll have a good time. This will also be his first Broadway experience so I need to make sure it's a really great one! I've been wanting to see Memphis but I've been told that he may enjoy something like Rock of Ages better. I don't know what to do...Any other recommendations?

Any advice would be so very much appreciated!

brackett111 Profile Photo
brackett111
#2Need Advice!!
Posted: 7/14/10 at 4:27pm

American Idiot could be a safe bet.

TheKandyLife Profile Photo
TheKandyLife
#2Need Advice!!
Posted: 7/14/10 at 4:44pm

Next to Normal has a great score! im positive it won the Tony for beast score in 2009, it's rock, with touching ballads and a very deep story.

The Addams Family has a fun score and the audience has a great time, regardless of the reviews, also a chance to see huge stars live!

Chicago i'd say has an amazing score as well

Billy Elliot, the story as well as the score is amazing =)

Wicked has an amazing score also, but dont know if its something your boyfriend would like, as it's one of "those" shows...which is hard to explain hahaa

hope this helped =)

Michelle616 Profile Photo
Michelle616
#3Need Advice!!
Posted: 7/14/10 at 4:46pm

Everybody loves Jersey Boys! Fantastic music.

bryan2
#4Need Advice!!
Posted: 7/14/10 at 5:09pm

adams family
jersey boys
Chicago..
Phantom always amazes people

I'mNOTthatGIRL72 Profile Photo
I'mNOTthatGIRL72
#5Need Advice!!
Posted: 7/14/10 at 6:19pm

yes, jersey boys! especially if it is his first show, and if he likes music. It is about the history of the music industry! and it is just such a fun night, i loved it.

"There's a fine, fine line between love...and a waste of your time" (L). Seth Rudetsky is AMAAAHHHZING! A Very Potter Musical FTW!

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#6Need Advice!!
Posted: 7/14/10 at 8:27pm

1)Rock of Ages-Fun show all together and Orchestra sitting waiter/waitress service.
2)Billy Elliot
3)Jersey Boys

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#7Need Advice!!
Posted: 7/14/10 at 9:07pm

Jersey Boys would be perfect. American Idiot would be my second recommendation.

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#8Need Advice!!
Posted: 7/14/10 at 9:16pm

What's his favorite genre of music? For all we no he hates The Four Seasons.

If he likes classic rock and the like than definitely take him to see Rock of Ages.

I wouldn't take him to see Billy Elliot if he isn't that fond of theatre. The score is one of the weakest things in that show.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#9Need Advice!!
Posted: 7/14/10 at 9:33pm

Jersey Boys or Billy Elliot. They are both great and entertaining shows with excellent. If he is into music I would see Jersey Boys.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

thumper3
#10Need Advice!!
Posted: 7/15/10 at 8:00pm

Thank you all so much!! Deciding between Rock of Ages, American Idiot, and Jersey Boys. I know he'll have a great time no matter what I choose! Thanks again!

Videos