News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SallyBrown

SallyBrown Profile Photo
Member Name: SallyBrown
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I heart Broadway.
nice profile huh

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Mermaid casting  Jan 3 2007, 10:39:52 PM
I'm still not sure how they're going to pull this off.. it'll be interesting
re: Big River Revival?  Jan 2 2007, 10:06:08 PM
Yup had no idea.
re: Big River Revival?  Jan 2 2007, 09:52:11 PM
Oh I didn't know either.

I strongly dislike that show.

re: Shoshana  Jan 2 2007, 08:26:12 PM
Either way.

A little bit of gratitude would be nice. Not "Oh well if I HAVE to go back on Broadway I will. Oy what a pain in the ass that will be."

re: Shoshana  Jan 2 2007, 05:43:47 PM
Inspirational? I dunno,I'm not down with supporting people who are ungrateful for the chances they have been giving. Sooo many people would kill to have the oppertunities she's had and she obviously doesn't seem to care. It takes a lot to be on Broadway, more so than releasing an album I think, so to have th attitude of "well Broadway was my stepping stone to greater things"...there is nothing greater than succeeding on Broadway. People try and try their entire lives just to be in an ensemble. S
re: Wanna see something scary? (vague subject line just for LizzieCurry)  Jan 1 2007, 11:34:14 PM
WHAT?? What year was that??
re: Chat?  Jan 1 2007, 09:25:53 PM
You guys are missing out. This is hard core chatting.
re: Did anyone read the thread on ATC...  Jan 1 2007, 08:03:54 PM
Im not a racist, but you can take this comment that I make or leave it whatevs:

AFrican-Americans tend to have more talent. I think. Just saying.

re: Les Miz - Javert's Suicide  Jan 1 2007, 07:43:10 PM
Either way, kudos to any actor who plays Javert and has to do that because it must be hard to leep perfectly in synch with the music and have it make sense.

I wonder what they do when high school perform Les Mis?

re: How was the final Wedding Singer  Jan 1 2007, 03:50:08 AM
Final shows are always sad. I don't even like the show and I'd probably be sad. was it sad?
re: Les Miz - Javert's Suicide  Jan 1 2007, 03:49:09 AM
I love the imagining aspect of it as well, but the truth is over half of the audience is gonna be like "wtf?"
I think it's creative though, coming up with that. I didn't know what to expect with Javert's suicide because I had never seen the show. It was cool considering the limitations of a stage.

re: trends in musical theatre....  Jan 1 2007, 03:45:17 AM
Type a Tiff - It's funny you mention that because before it always bugged me that every single time standing ovations would be given because standing ovations represent a hugely successful performance. But I saw Putnam County Spelling Bee over the summer and the audience was SO bad. They barely clapped and the actors were doing a great job. My friends and I gave a standing ovation..so like 4 of us, because we felt so bad that NO one was freakin' even clapping. The only other people who gave them
re: 'revenge of the theatre geeks' segment on MTV  Jan 1 2007, 02:56:12 AM
Ah ha. I can beat you. One girl at my school thinks The Little Mermaid revolutionized musicals. Dead serious.
re: A Question for all the Old-Timers (Golden Age Broadway)  Jan 1 2007, 02:51:28 AM
Plus the Broadway stars back then had the status of a movie star, right?

As far as talent? First names that come to mind are Sutton Foster (for her triple-threat being) and Victoria Clarke (that's self-explanatory)

re: Les Miz - Javert's Suicide  Jan 1 2007, 02:48:42 AM
No I agree Norm Lewis was great.

Slow mo doesn't work for me either. They had a lot of slow mo in Les Mis. The only slow mo I liked was when the students and the other revolutionaries were first running in, then when they started fighting and slow mo-ing it, it was kind of lame. Thing is, I've never seen slow-mo done completely correctly. It has to be perfecty in synch otherwise it doesn't work. And that's hard to do.

re: 'revenge of the theatre geeks' segment on MTV  Jan 1 2007, 02:41:06 AM
Grease revolutionized theatre. It's true.
re: Les Miz - Javert's Suicide  Jan 1 2007, 02:37:24 AM
I don't think people would really understand falling into the stage. Actually, if I hadn't already read the novel, I wouldn't have understood the bridge going up until he was "floating and drowning" around on the stage. I think it's a risky scene because it's hard to do.
re: How was the final Wedding Singer  Jan 1 2007, 02:35:26 AM
Nothing. But nothing was happening so I decided to say something while we waited for a review of some sort. Not that I'm expecting them to be better than the usual Wedding Singer reviews so ::shrugs:: I be sorry
re: How was the final Wedding Singer  Jan 1 2007, 02:29:29 AM
I'll take this moment to say that despite the bad movie and bad musical, I love Adam Sandler and Big Daddy and Click and I'm excited for the new movie with him and Don Cheadle. Peace out.
re: NEW GLINDA STANDBY ON BWAY!  Jan 1 2007, 02:23:29 AM
So not meaning to threadjack here, but speaking of Katies, what's Katie Clarke been up to?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You