News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for never_has_been

never_has_been Profile Photo
Member Name: never_has_been
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Anything Goes - Rachel York
 Dec 30 2012, 10:28:45 AM
I saw Rachel as Reno two weeks ago at the Ahmanson. I really enjoyed her performance. Granted I'd never seen the Broadway production (other than of course the title number on the Tony Awards broadcast). I like the purity of Sutton's voice in most situations but I think I preferred Rachel's voice for the character.
Sit-downs in LA and Chicago
 May 28 2012, 08:16:22 AM
This is slightly off topic, but does anyone have any foresight as to how Book of Mormon tickets might sell in LA? I was living in Indiana when the first Chicago stop of the Wicked national tour sold out in hours. Now that I am living in LA Im wondering if the same is likely to happen with BOM since there seems to be a lot of interest in the show. I just realized that I will be on a plane the first several hours that tickets go on sale 6/10 and am curious as to if there is any likelihood of g
Broadway Cares Equity Fights Aids - Spring 2012 Collections
 Apr 1 2012, 10:35:51 PM
I was at American Idiot last night and they were still collecting and selling the signed posters. They also auctioned off a drumhead used by Tre Cool. Bidding started at $200, the winning bid was $600.
Your Most Hated Musical
 Nov 14 2011, 06:27:54 AM
I can pretty much tolerate if not enjoy about anything with great singing and or dancing. The only musical I've ever seen that I hated was on film...Carousel. I was super bored through the whole thing but kept telling myself, I better give it a chance and finish it. I was relieved to be so close to the end but then the end just pissed me off! I was bored during Cats, Camelot, and Young Frankenstein but I really hated Carousel.
National Tour Playbills
 Oct 25 2011, 07:37:06 AM
My program from Avenue Q at the Aronoff Center is indeed Playbill. It is from spring 2009, so it is possible that it may have changed since then.
National Tour Playbills
 Oct 24 2011, 08:50:41 AM
THe Aronoff Center in Cincinnati Ohio
The Murat Theatre Indianapolis Indiana
Oriental Theatre, Bank of America Theatre, Cadillac Theatres in Chicago

I guess I had always thought it had something to do with whether or not a tour was Equity, but I suppose I have been wrong to think that. With the exception of Legally Blonde at the Schuster Center in Dayton Ohio, all of the non-Playbill programs I have are from small theatres in Indiana that do not host any Equity shows. Is ther

Rumor about next Reno Sweeney
 Oct 20 2011, 04:10:10 PM
Mara Davi... Wow I never thought of her in the role but I bet she could really nail it. Maybe we can hope to see her cast for the national tour.
Kerry O'Malley, Drew Gehling, et al. Join ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN SEE FOREVER; Full Cast Announced!
 Oct 6 2011, 07:07:23 PM
I could certainly see Alex as a Daisy u/s, I think she would be wonderful.
Spring Awakening Tour
 Feb 24 2011, 02:29:11 AM
I saw the new tour tonight and I loved it. The seats I had this time around were amazing (orchestra row A, can't get much better than that :). My location definitely added to the experience. Back in 2009 I saw the Equity tour in Chicago, I enjoyed it too though I felt the girls in that tour didn't have the vocal skill for their principle roles. I was far more impressed with the girls in the new tour. Ilse (Courtney Markowitz) was especially fantastic I thought. Wendla's (Elizabeth Judd) be
Broadway's Sexiest Woman Alive
 Nov 15 2010, 10:02:40 AM
She's not exactly a broadway star, but I would kill to look like Stephanie Gibson-Chase. She and Laura Benanti could certainly contend with Nick Adams for the "Best Body on Broadway" title.
Broadway songs about lesbians
 Sep 2 2010, 09:41:33 AM
I wouldn't consider it serious by any means, and it hasn't been on Broadway, but there is a rather entertaining song by Jonathan Reid Gealt called Expectations of a Man.
Movies that should be on Broadway
 Aug 31 2010, 11:29:26 AM
As I recall, there was some ridiculously awesome discussion a few months back about Can’t Hardly Wait. I’ll admit that I spent way too much time the following day thinking about casting possibilities.
Amanda- Meghan Fahy
Denise- Krysta Rodriquez or Cortney Wolfson
Kenny- Robin De Jesus or Wesley Taylor
Girl Whose Party It Is- Annaleigh Ashford
Based on looks alone I can’t help but picture Noah Weisberg as Stoner Guy

Emily Skinner to Join BILLY ELLIOT on Broadway 10/2
 Aug 18 2010, 06:46:29 PM
I saw her in the role when I was in Chicago two months ago. She was fantastic; she'll be a great addition to the Broadway cast.
does having your tonsils removed affect your singing voice?
 Jul 31 2010, 10:01:34 AM
I'm glad to hear she had a speedy recovery. Of course every patient is different and different surgeons will take different approaches. I suppose I should have said, one might experience difficulties when trying to sing in a head voice the few months post op. It also makes a difference which sinus cavity or cavities were reconstructed (frontal, ethmoid, and sphenoid, and maxillary sinuses would present slightly different symptoms preoperatively and postoperatively.
does having your tonsils removed affect your singing voice?
 Jul 30 2010, 10:10:13 AM
Backwoodsbarbie is exactly right. The removal of the tonsils themselves will more than likely improve your voice. The risk comes from the intubation. Any intubation (the insertion of the tube that will assist you to breath will under anesthesia) will cause temporary problems, but just a few days and chances are you won't feel much like singing in those early days anyway. The anesthesiologist should be the one who asks you to sign the consent (nurses are not allowed to obtain this consent, at l
What do people think of Miss Saigon?
 Apr 13 2010, 04:34:19 AM
I love Miss Saigon, it is easily my favorite show ever. Two girls I took voice with sang I Still Believe and I was obsessed from the moment I heard it. I listened to the cast recording nearly daily. It wasn’t until six years later I was finally able to see it performed by a non-equity tour cast, and was not disappointed. Such a beautiful show, I hope it gets a revival someday.
Addams Family Stage Door
 Mar 21 2010, 09:40:46 AM
I saw the show in its second week in Chicago. Carolee didn't come out that night Terrence Mann walked out of the door looked at the line and walked away despite three girls near me yelling his name. Of course Nathan Lane did not come out. With the exception of those three all of the others came through the line and were very kind and gracious. Bebe, Krysta, and Kevin spent a lot of time talking to people and answering questions in the freezing cold.
Current Tours
 Mar 5 2010, 02:39:02 PM
Sure they do. I just saw Drowsy Chaperone last month. Hairspray, Annie, Cats, and Wizard of Oz are all also non equity productions that they have listed. I believe a few others are but I'm not sure.

Broadway Across America - Indianapolis 2010/2011 season to be announced Friday!
 Feb 23 2010, 03:36:00 AM
If I were to guess I would think maybe South Pacific, Mary Poppins, Fiddler on the Roof. Perhaps Spring Awakening early in the season and Lion King as the last show. In the Heights could be a possibility too, but I don't know if there would be enough interest.
Oddly enough despite living in Fort Wayne, the first show I saw in Indy was Wicked last June. I can see why Indy is a late tour stop for most shows. By the time they're booked for Indy all of the bigger citys have previously hosted

For those who have seen different actresses in Wicked
 Feb 11 2010, 11:25:36 AM
I have seen live...
Kristy Cates, Sarah Jane Everman (u/s), Rondi Reed
Carrie Manolakos (s/b), Helene' Yorke, and Marilyn Caskey
They were all wonderful. I've seen full videos of most principle actors, though I have never seen a high quality video of Kristin Chenoweth.
My favorite Glinda is a pretty easy one- Sarah Jane Everman. She was perfect in the role and its a shame she never became principle. I also adored Annaleigh Ashford in the role.
An Elphaba is much harder to c

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You