News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for idinadefygravity926

Member Name: idinadefygravity926
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: ADDAMS FAMILY problem
 Dec 12 2009, 03:29:52 PM
Enchanted-
not only is that rule not practiced nearly as strictly as you're saying it is, actors flub lines. That's just the way it is. If every time an actor put an ad-lib in a performance they were fired, no show would EVER have the same cast for more than a few days. People improvise things, and unless the director is very strongly opposed to what the actor said, they don't do anything about it.

re: The ADDAMS FAMILY marquee is up!
 Dec 11 2009, 10:37:48 PM
Pgenre-
"I will not respond to the question of if or if I have not seen it as I have not criticized anything but the book and score and how the performers handle that material."

umm, I'm just wondering. If you haven't seen the show, then how can you even KNOW how the performers handle the material????

Dec 11 2009, 10:30:39 PM
Oh.
And about all this "hate the book/score, but I haven't seen the show" nonsense.
A show isn't made up of merely its book and score. The real meat of a show is the way it is put onstage, and brought to life. Often the best parts are the ad-libs the actors throw in, which I'm sure you won't find in your mysterious depth of knowledge about the Addams Family's constantly changing book/score.
Really, just don't try to bash a show until you've seen it. You're pretty much guaranteed to

Dec 11 2009, 10:16:57 PM
I just think I should mention that, although the show has not yet opened on Broadway, it IS a "Broadway Musical." So Wednesday's number, "Pulled," may be the classic "I Want" number that screams Broadway, but I would think that's probably because it IS Broadway.
Also, many composers find it a necessary component of a musical, because it gives audiences a pretty clear idea of what that character wants throughout the show, Whether the characters are drastically different from us or not. Can't

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You