News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Nicole 10

Member Name: Nicole 10
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Emotional Duets  Apr 7 2020, 01:42:52 PM

What Would I Do from Falsettos

Aaron Tveit has tested positive (BUT IS OK!)  Mar 30 2020, 11:29:24 AM

Laura Dreyfuss and her boyfriend also tested positive. She posted on her Instagram about it 

Looking for beta testers for Mezzanine, my new Theater Diary app  Jul 11 2019, 12:59:59 PM

Hi, 

This app is amazing and has so much great potential! I think a cool feature down the line could be if you scan your ticket, the app could maybe scan the barcode or through text recognition, it could auto populate the show, theater, seats, and date into your diary maybe? It would be super useful and a way to input data faster!

Tonys Weekend Dilemma!  Apr 27 2019, 06:19:00 PM

Personally, I would recommend Hadestown for sure as it is generally accepted as the frontrunner for best musical. I found this seasons musicals to be quite weak so I would recommend seeing 2 plays. The Ferryman and What the Constitution Means to me were both fantastic. 

But if you prefer another musical, then I would say if you're in the mood for something light and funny and see the possible winner of best leading actor in a musical, go with Tootsie. If you want to see an edg

Songs That Sound An Awful Lot Like Other Songs  Mar 24 2019, 07:43:23 PM

MollyJeanneMusic said: "I actually made a medley of the two songs!  It's so much fun to sing!"

Oh wow that sounds awesome! Do you have a recording of it by any chance? I would love to listen to it if you have a link :) 

Songs That Sound An Awful Lot Like Other Songs  Mar 24 2019, 01:34:26 PM

Oh my gosh "In My Dreams" from Anastasia sounds exactly like "Santa Fe" from Newsies. Their choruses are pretty much the same!

So...is Harry Potter better in part 2?  Feb 21 2019, 10:29:36 PM

(spoiler request)

Nicole 10 (or anyone else who wants to pipe in), can you clarify what you think the characters do that is out of character for them?  I saw the show and liked it (but did not love it aside from the special effects).  I am only a casual fan of Harry Potter, so I don't know the characters as in depth as you do.

I know a lot of people disagree with my opinion that a lot of the characters were acting in ways that they wouldn't in

So...is Harry Potter better in part 2?  Feb 20 2019, 09:21:12 PM

Honestly, I'm on the same boat. I've been a real dedicated fan since being a kid and was massively disappointed when I saw the play. What I always tell people is if you simply LIKE Harry Potter then you will enjoy the play. However, if you LOVE Harry Potter you can't help but dislike it. 

Even putting the fanfic plot aside, the essence is all wrong too. If you are familiar with the characters, you will be delighted to see them make appearances. However, if you know the

Bad Theater Behavior  Jul 17 2018, 09:15:52 AM

Yeah, this whole service dog situation is pretty wild. I was at Great Comet and was sitting in first row mezz, where actors run around the aisle right in front of you constantly. There was a black lab sitting right next to me and he kept trying to put his head in my lap and play with me, and kept fidgeting and moving throughout the show, and even got away from his owner and ran after a running actor in the Abduction scene! That was not a trained dog and had no place in the theater, especially

Inappropriate audience laughter  May 18 2018, 11:05:02 AM

One moment that immediately came to my mind is "Room Where it Happens" with the current Hamilton cast. My biggest grapple with Daniel Breaker's take on the role has been that he plays Burr in a comedic style and kind of makes him seem childish and jealous rather than collected and threatened.

This different interpretation of the characters becomes clearest in this song when everyone is singing to him "what do you want Burr, if you stand for nothing Burr, what do you

2018 Outer Critics Circle Nominations & Awards  Apr 24 2018, 12:20:40 PM

I'm really surprised that Frozen got shut out for the design categories. I though that Natasha Katz's lighting would be a lock for nomination and also kinda surprised that it didn't get nominated for set design, sound design or costumes either 

Way too early 2018 Tony Predictions Thread  Apr 19 2018, 04:21:53 PM

I have what might be a stupid question, but are the scores of Margaritaville and Summer eligible for best score? 

MEAN GIRLS Reviews  Apr 8 2018, 09:23:50 PM

^^ Also reported that it opened at the Neil Simon while it is at the August Wilson...

Drama Desk Awards Tickets on Sale  Apr 4 2018, 11:56:56 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you have attended The Drama Desk Awards by buying a ticket. For regular people (non-industry) sitting in the balcony, is there a specific dress code? Would we need a tux or anything? 

My dad and I are considering going but have no idea what to expect. Is it normal for people outside of the industry to even attend? What is the general experience like? 

Thank you so much if you choose to share your experience! :)  

strong female roles  Mar 30 2018, 10:24:18 AM

Also, Celie form The Color Purple

what is the most overrated musical of all time  Mar 29 2018, 03:56:57 PM

Dear Evan Hansen, easily

THE BAND's VISIT Reviews  Mar 1 2018, 04:16:50 PM

I don't know if this counts but the original actor who voiced Jafar in the cartoon Aladdin originated the role on Broadway

If you could hire the creative team.  Mar 1 2018, 03:41:21 PM

Tim Minchin writing a "Pushing Daisies" musical adaptation with David Zinn for scenic design and Natasha Katz for lighting 

ANGELS IN AMERICA (2018) Previews  Feb 26 2018, 10:17:26 AM

Hi Everyone, 

I have a quick question for you guys. I have never read or seen this play before and plan to see both parts in a few weeks. Is it better to read up before going or would it be better to go in with no prior information? 

Thanks! 

Who do YOU think is broadways sexiest performer?  Nov 17 2017, 01:42:06 PM

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/190412/culturalist-challenge-who-is-broadways-sexiest-man-alive-of-2017/ 

There is a survey on Broadway.com

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You