News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lot666

Lot666 Profile Photo
Member Name: Lot666
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
 Jul 26 2024, 11:09:35 AM
ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "ANDY KARL!"

Now I'm REALLY GLAD we bought tickets!

Report: The Phantom of the Opera May Be Readying an Off-Broadway Return
 Jul 20 2024, 05:02:10 PM

pmensky said: "If [an off-Broadway production is] a financial flop, that’s a pretty clear disincentive for putting a production on Broadway anytime soon."

I don't really agree. If an off-Broadway production flops, it could very well be because the audience simply doesn't want to see this show done as a cheap knock-off of its former self, and that's not necessarily an indication that a Broadway-quality production would fail. 

Report: The Phantom of the Opera May Be Readying an Off-Broadway Return
 Jul 18 2024, 02:55:06 PM

https://playbill.com/article/report-the-phantom-of-the-opera-may-be-readying-an-off-broadway-return?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1RzmQSb0HCnKyufD2TTQcman945lIvvrthK3DcB-RYPc9H7pjbBVG-_Jg_aem_g24Jtc_49YOvsUCV_tmy_A

"reports of a return for the Opera Ghost are mysterious at best. The Index's listing, which claims performances will begin March 15, 2025, does not share a theatre or any creative team members beyond the writers, along with Evan Bernardin Productions as general manager and Kate Lumpkin Casting handling casting. Official sources—including both companies listed as being involved with the alleged upcoming staging and Lloyd Webber's production company Really Useful Group—are keeping mum for now. Time will tell if this report turns out to be legitimate."

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jun 22 2024, 10:55:23 AM
Broadway Flash said: "The critics are so annoying, they are apologizing for liking Cats. They literally only speak to musical theatre snobs/ Sondheim lovers."

I sometimes wonder if "professional" critics are required to sign a pledge to be Sondheim sycophants and relentlessly disparage anything ALW writes.

Jun 21 2024, 11:15:54 AM
Dan6 said: "Critic's Pick from Jesse Green:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/20/theater/cats-the-jellicle-ball-review.html?unlocked_article_code=1.1U0.XnUg.q0io48AS9zcN&smid=url-share
"

I love this idea, really want to see the show, and hope it's a smashing success, but for a Critic's Pick, Green sounds like he's damning with faint praise. I hear echoes of the snark and condescension that were hallmarks of Brantley.

"Untitled Immersive Musical Attraction" from POTO LLC
 Jun 19 2024, 03:46:05 PM

POTO LLC = Phantom of the Opera, LLC
ENSEMBLE + F1 - Early 40s. COLORATURA SOPRANO = Carlotta
ENSEMBLE + F2 - Early 20s. SOPRANO = Christine
ENSEMBLE + F3 - Late 30s - Early 50s. MEZZO SOPRANO = Giry
ENSEMBLE + M1 - Late 30s – 50. BARITONE = Firmin/Andre
ENSEMBLE + M2 - Late 30s-50s. OPERATIC TENOR = Piangi
ENSEMBLE + M3 - 30s – 40s. HIGH BARITONE OR TENOR = Phantom
ENSEMBLE + M4 - Late 20s – early 30s. HIGH BARITONE = Raoul

"Untitled Immersive Musical Attraction" from POTO LLC
 Jun 19 2024, 03:42:24 PM

Jesse St. James said: "untitled Andrew Lloyd Webber midlife crisis"

Douche.

Tony Award Viewership Decline Over the Years
 Jun 18 2024, 02:39:01 PM

BroadwayPatriot said: "literally nobody watches his show "

In a separate post, you wrote "Colbert has 2 million vewers [sic]". Do you know what the word "literally" means?

Jun 14 2024, 03:43:18 PM

quizking101 said: "A few things I heard:

- Sydney Harcourt is cavorting in a jockstrap during Rum Tug Tugger and it’s quite a sight"

Yowsah. devil

Jun 14 2024, 03:41:45 PM

someoneinatree2 said: "I was there last night!..."

Based on your experience and the general audience reaction, would you care to speculate as to the likelihood of this extending again (I likely won't get to NY until November) or transferring to Broadway?

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
 Jun 14 2024, 08:56:10 AM

SweetLips22 said: "The back stage gossip from this disaster will almost be as juicy as the previous Sunset at the Regent Theater.
Ms Brightman will never set foot on the Opera House stage unless in one of her candy floss away with the faries heavily mimed gloss and smoke fantasies.
Everything about her puts my teeth on edge.
Yes. I feel better now.
"

Are you, by any chance, related to Michael Riedel?

Jun 14 2024, 08:55:24 AM

Ensemble1716440075 said: "They are already transferring the minimalistic one, why do people keep saying they want to see this transfer to Broadway?"

Maybe because some people would like to see a lavish production akin to the original. Is that really so hard to understand?

Jun 13 2024, 08:31:20 AM

tomwsjr said: "This isn't surprising at all, I knew it would failas soon as it was announced that Sarah Brightman will be starting in it. What I found most shocking was that some Americans actually bought tickets to fly to Australia to see it!!!!!!!!"

You must be great fun at parties.

Jun 12 2024, 02:01:20 PM

I'm very sad for all involved. Had it not been for the extremely long-haul flights required, this is something I would've seen, regardless of the reviews.

ALW has completed his next musical
 Jun 10 2024, 02:22:29 PM

fashionguru_23 said: "I wonder if ALW would ever try again at adapting "The Master and Margarita". It was either that or Phantom."

I wasn't familiar with that work, so had to do a quick Wikipedia scan. Sounds bizarre and very interesting!

Jun 10 2024, 02:08:30 PM

I'd love to see ALW do any gothic tale. His music suits such pieces perfectly.

Jun 10 2024, 11:56:29 AM

Owen22 said: "Andrew Lloyd Webber is a genius. Unfortunately since Tim Rice he refuses to work with other geniuses. And it really, really drags him down."

He did pretty well with Charles Hart. wink

Jun 10 2024, 08:46:45 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "...write an actual opera. I'd like to hear it. Any opera house would commission him, and in opera the composer is king."

I'd love this.

What Next For The Majestic?
 May 29 2024, 03:41:43 PM

Here She Is, Boys: Audra McDonald Will Reopen Broadway's Majestic in Gypsy

What is the BEST Show You Have Seen on Broadway
 May 29 2024, 03:12:15 PM

Phantom4ever said: "The Phantom of the Opera, which I saw on Broadway 90 times between 1998 and 2023. The original New York Times review, which features my favorite quote about the show and perfectly summarizes the magic of the show: "the show's most persuasive love story is Mr. Prince's and Ms. Bjornson's unabashed crush on the theater itself, from footlights to dressing rooms, from flies to trap doors." Yes, Phantom is the theatrical show I have ever seen, and

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You