News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lot666

Lot666 Profile Photo
Member Name: Lot666
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Somewhat Baffling High Note Trends  May 2 2024, 08:32:29 AM

chrishuyen said: "a lot of people don't like Billie Eilish or think she can't sing because she does a lot of whisper-singing"

I loathe it. It's just a tiresome affectation to my ears.

Has Anyone Read “ Murder at the Adelphi: A rehearsal diary of the original London production of the musical ‘Sunset Boulevard’”?  Apr 29 2024, 10:28:25 AM

WldKingdomHM said: "If anyone has the app Hoopla you can read it for free"

Thanks for the tip, although I have to say this book is a mess. Whole sections of it spin off into irrelevant tangents, like stream of consciousness. I find myself skipping over multiple pages at a time, trying to find the thread again.

Albums that should be made into Musicals  Apr 29 2024, 10:23:42 AM

I wholeheartedly agree with the above mentions of Donna Summer's "Once Upon a Time" and Pink Floyd's "The Wall", and to them I would add David Bowie's "Diamond Dogs".

Riedel podcast covering SUNSET BOULEVARD with interviews including AWL, Close, LuPone, Sondheim  Apr 25 2024, 08:47:49 AM

Riedel disgusts me. He's a living, breathing National Inquirer who revels in others' misfortune.

What Next For The Majestic?  Apr 22 2024, 08:47:27 AM

Phantom4ever said: "As much as I am still devastated over the loss of Phantom, it is actually somewhat comforting to see the seats back in the theater."

It all just makes me very, very sad.

Phantom4ever said: "I think if Mackintosh and Really Useful had held out a few more months, Phantom would still be running profitably. I know that doesn't fit in with Cameron's plans for his long runners but still. I suppose I am also still in a bit of

Phantom Closing?  Apr 17 2024, 08:44:37 AM

Listener said: "A year later. Still in shock. Still missing ya, Ruthie II.

broken heart
"

Same here. FB recently threw up a whole mess of "memories" from this time last year and something in me died all over again.

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Apr 16 2024, 08:31:46 AM

always bway said: "sitting close gives you access to the small specificity and the sweat! you can see it all. But sitting mid orch or front mezzanine gives you all the cool projections and big dances!"

Thanks - do I understand you correctly that sitting in the first few rows impairs one's view of the projections?

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Apr 15 2024, 08:51:45 AM

always bway said: "Sitting close gives you all those details, but sitting further back (front mezzanine is thrilling), gives you a chance to see the big numbers as a whole...I will go back again. Curious to sit real close next time like first three rows."

Are there any drawbacks to sitting close (first three rows of orchestra)? Is the stage high or is any actions staged where it would be difficult to see from that close?

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.  Apr 10 2024, 03:20:01 PM

Broadway Flash said: "It looks like Kristen Blodgette is going to be the MD on this, based on the video they just released. She was WONDERFUL when she did the revival on Broadway, I wish she would be doing it again this fall in New York."

I love her; she's a sweet and gracious lady. I miss seeing her in the pit at The Majestic.

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Apr 5 2024, 01:00:28 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "you might be mistaken about the prices being higher. With the code, seats for this coming Tuesday that are $132.50 through Telecharge are $89.00, including fees, on Broadway Direct. Even without the code, I can't find a discrepancy."

And now I can't either! Something wonky was going on with Telecharge yesterday, and they still don't show a performance on 11/24/24. Thanks for your help!

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Apr 5 2024, 11:57:57 AM

TaffyDavenport said: "Also, you can only enter discount codes on Broadway Direct."

Are there currently any codes for Tommy?

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Apr 5 2024, 11:57:21 AM

chrishuyen said: "Is the base price actually more expensive or is it just the fees?"

I can't recall for certain, but I think I saw seats where both the base price and the fees were higher.

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Apr 5 2024, 11:47:34 AM

TaffyDavenport said: "Broadway Direct isthe official seller of Nederlander Theatres (they dumped Ticketmaster), and their pricing isn't bloated. You must be thinking of Broadway.com."

You may be correct about my confusing Broadway Direct with Broadway.com, but the prices for other Tommy performances are higher on Broadway Direct than on Telecharge.

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Apr 5 2024, 09:46:38 AM

I'm interested in buying tickets for the 3pm performance on Sunday, November 24. Curiously, Telecharge shows no performance on this date, but both Ticketmaster and Broadway Direct are selling tickets for the 3pm show. Will this be the last performance of the show's run, and is anyone able to see this date on Telecharge.com? I called Telecharge and they couldn't explain it.

I would prefer to avoid Ticketmaster and Broadway Direct, if possible. I can't understand why the

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 3 2024, 02:52:34 PM

TarHeelAlan said: "Lot666 said: "Does anyone know if there's a way to add an Audience Rewards number to a SeatGeek purchase?"

The Audience Rewards FAQ says "To earn ShowPoints for your ticket purchases, visit ourEvent Listing page. There you will see all of the shows participating with the Audience Rewards program with links to the authorized ticketing system."

Sunset is not on that listing page, so I assume no AR points for buying tickets. Best bet is to contact AR directly with your question.
"

I just found this on the AR site:

"Did you purchase a ticket online for a show at a Jujamcyn Theatre (Al Hirschfeld, August Wilson, Eugene O'Neill, St. James, Walter Kerr)? You won't be asked for your Audience Rewards number during checkout, but we are working behind the scenes to add the order to your account. If you still don't see the order in your account 14 days prior to the performance, please fill out the form below!"

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 3 2024, 01:54:13 PM

Does anyone know if there's a way to add an Audience Rewards number to a SeatGeek purchase?

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 3 2024, 12:12:16 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Lot666 said: "Did anyone else find it odd that clicking a seat on the diagram doesn't "select" that seat, like it does on other ticketing sites?"

No, but that’s because SeatGeek is garbage.
"

Yeah, that's what I thought.

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 3 2024, 11:04:35 AM

Did anyone else find it odd that clicking a seat on the diagram doesn't "select" that seat, like it does on other ticketing sites?

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 3 2024, 10:00:47 AM

mshalo18 said: "nealb1 said: "Back in the waiting room. We'll see what happens in 9 minutes when the presale starts, yet again. Fingers crossed."

How did you get in the waiting room? I'm just sitting on the Sunset page trying to figure out where I'm going wrong.
"

Try to select a date and enter the presale code - that should place you in the waiting room.

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 2 2024, 11:11:56 AM

Does this mean any transactions completed this morning will be canceled?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You