News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CT2NYC

CT2NYC Profile Photo
Member Name: CT2NYC
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sondheim's Final Musical: HERE WE ARE (Off-Broadway) - Critics' Reviews  Oct 22 2023, 07:33:56 PM

Clickable link to that thoughtful and well-written review
https://www.slashfilm.com/1426024/here-we-are-review/

ALICE IN NEVERLAND  Sep 25 2023, 08:41:00 PM

Yes, Grace McLean was the Queen of Hearts in Alice by Heart, and I don’t see her name attached anywhere to Alice in Neverland.

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Apr 22 2021, 10:22:00 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Globefan said: "And Ariana is gonna be the one introducing it"

It’s airing during commercials. Not on the actual awards show. Geez.
"

Did you read the article?

"What’s more, presenters at the Oscars will introduce each of the spots as well as discuss their favorite movie going experience. “West Side Story” will be introduced by Ariana DeBose, who plays Anita in the new film. Miranda

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Apr 22 2021, 06:11:40 PM

'West Side Story' Trailer to Debut During Oscars Broadcast (thewrap.com)

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Jul 29 2020, 01:59:31 PM

Not that it has anything to do with when the new movie takes place, since, according to the show's official website, West Side Story takes place in the mid-1950's, definitively, but I'm sure Brody was referring to what Tony Kushner said in this article:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/10/west-side-story-remake-spielberg-tony-kushner

The playwright said that the new adaptation will not be an exact retelling of Robert Wise’s iconic 1961 film, starring Natalie Wood, Richard Beymer, Rita Moreno, and George Chakiris. Instead, Spielberg’s version will turn back to the original 1957 Broadway musical written by Arthur Laurents, with music by Leonard Bernstein and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim.

“It’s not a straightforward remake [of the movie], but it’s definitely the Jets and the Sharks. It’s New York City. I think people will find a new way to love the story and to love the songs through our interpretation,” said Kushner on the red carpet. “The way I approached it and the way Steven is approaching it is using the great text—the Leonard Bernstein score, which is arguably the most beautiful score ever written for musical theater, and Arthur Laurents’s original book is a masterpiece. And we started building from that.”

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Mar 17 2020, 10:43:16 PM

On a related note, enjoy this video of Rachel Zegler singing "What Baking Can Do," posted to her YouTube account a few days ago.

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Mar 16 2020, 08:11:53 PM

joevitus said: "CT2NYC said: "BenElliott said: "Looks very... modern.
Still not convinced we need a remake. Especially not one with Elgort.
"

Modern? Nope.

It looks the exact opposite of modern, actually.
"

Nope, it looks the opposite of what you said. Looks modern. Look at all those people people on the street watching, not at in synch with the era (looks like people waiting to get into a club, or the crowd in Rent). Look at all that neon outside Doc's. Yeah, Maria's still in the same old dress. Still looks modern. And unnecessary.
"

They didn't have neon in the 50's? Also, look more closely at the people on the street. If you still think they look like they're in Rent, then we'll have to just agree to disagree. It's 2020, the movie isn't going to look like it was filmed in 1950. You can say the actors' styling, the wardrobe, and set decorations look inauthentic, but "modern?" No. The current revival is modern, not this.

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Mar 16 2020, 11:26:42 AM

BenElliott said: "CT2NYC said: "BenElliott said: "Looks very... modern.
"

Modern? Nope.

"

It's period look feels forced to me. It doesn't feel natural.

Also, I agree above. The stills look digital. They should've opted for film to give it a more authentically period look.

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Mar 16 2020, 10:40:58 AM

BenElliott said: "Looks very... modern.
"

Modern? Nope.

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Mar 16 2020, 10:39:48 AM

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Mar 16 2020, 10:38:34 AM

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Mar 16 2020, 10:37:37 AM

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Mar 16 2020, 10:36:26 AM

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Mar 16 2020, 10:35:30 AM

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Mar 16 2020, 10:34:39 AM

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Mar 16 2020, 10:33:44 AM

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread  Mar 13 2020, 02:13:59 PM

I still don't get why the sun had Trump's face in it. What was the symbolism? And I thought the rap number was totally out of left field, although Carmen Cusack is a surprisingly good beatboxer.

The Book of Mormon access code  Jun 24 2021, 03:41:37 PM
ClumsyDude, the other seat I bought yesterday with the discount was one of those front orchestra partial views, as well, one seat over from the full view seats. My budget usually allows only the cheaper options, but I do like to have the best of that lot.
The Book of Mormon access code  Jun 24 2021, 01:21:49 PM

Thanks for the code, Mattie. Yes, unfortunately, no discount, but I picked up one of the box seats furthest away from the stage, which are still only $99, and, from pics, look like a great view.

CHICKEN AND BISCUITS at Circle in the Square  Jun 24 2021, 12:23:39 PM

Tickets are on sale now, starting at $49.50 for previews through 10/9.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You