News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tbaker2

Member Name: tbaker2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2023-2024 Broadway Season
 Jun 14 2023, 05:03:30 PM

It was announced back in February about Purlie Victorious: The Play being revived starring Leslie Odom Jr. with Kenny Leon directing. Maybe there will be an official announcement with more details.

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
 May 28 2022, 04:48:32 PM

Let's not forget when the OG Broadway Cast of 'Ain't Too Proud' attended the Gala. No celebrity names, at that time, were attached to that cast. 

If they want them there, they will get them there. 

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 May 21 2022, 08:08:58 PM

Kyle Freeman (Usher understudy) will be on through the rest of the week via his IG story. 

Please note that Kyle's performance as Usher is riveting and, vocally, on point - don't let this turn you away from buying a ticket to the show. 

Lottery Seating
 Apr 13 2022, 02:32:23 AM

I will be in NYC soon and am curious about lottery seating for a couple shows - MJ: The Musical, Hadestown, Tina, & Mr. Saturday Night. 

I know how these work and the concept of these lottery tickets, but I'm curious where people have sat for these shows recently! Thanks! 

PARADISE SQUARE reviews
 Apr 6 2022, 02:24:34 PM

I wouldn't assume it's a COVID case. She could be doing press for the show or just needs some extra rest after their opening weekend. That is the only reason why Aisha is there. 

I did speak to Aisha recently, and she doesn't have a specific standby schedule (i.e. Wed. & Sat. matinees). I'm hoping this does become a thing though before I get to NYC in May! 

Why No DREAMGIRLS Yet?
 Feb 13 2022, 03:44:56 PM

Who else was in the workshop cast? Do you mind sharing? 

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME/Britney Spears musical to play pre-Broadway Chicago engagement
 Mar 17 2020, 05:59:42 PM

Heard from a cast member that they're hoping to reschedule the Chicago tryout.

I hope!

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
 Oct 22 2019, 06:52:18 PM

So, is it best to get there right when the box office opens or in the middle of the day closer to showtime? Trying to see this next - I'll be in town the whole week!

The Devil Wears Prada
 Sep 11 2019, 03:18:27 PM

A reliable source in Chicago mentioned to me that this is in works to have their Pre-Broadway tryout in the 2020 Season with Broadway in Chicago.

Discount Codes
 Aug 19 2019, 05:56:33 PM

Does anyone have codes for Hadestown or Ain't Too Proud for OCTOBER?

Thanks!!

Children of Eden in Chicago
 Aug 19 2019, 05:48:33 PM

This production is being produced by 'Chicagoland Theatre Fund,' which is a brand new organization with a top notch production team of Chicago's own alongside Stephen Schwartz.

This productions is under Equity contracts with only two performances, per audition notice.

They haven't announced a venue, which I believe it could be outdoors in one of these gorgeous parks in the city!

Any more news I hear, I'll definitely be letting this board

The Run of OOTI
 Aug 1 2018, 05:16:19 PM

You learn something new, every day! 

Thanks for the info! 

OOTI Dream Tour or Replacement Cast
 Aug 1 2018, 04:32:59 PM

So, who would you love to see as a replacement or in Once On This Island Tour? 

Me, you ask? : 

Ti Moune - Shanice Williams 

Asaka - Mykal Kilgore

Papa Ge - Heather Headley 

The Run of OOTI
 Aug 1 2018, 04:27:24 PM

There was an announcement a few weeks ago that the show released a new block of tickets through September 2019. Thankfully, it will be there when you visit the city! 

The Cher Show
 Jun 18 2018, 03:38:59 PM

I believe the only way to approach the mentioning of her as a gay icon or any significant info that happens in the 90's until now is this: During the Finale (Take Me Home), there could be a vamp and that's where the three Cher's could break the fourth wall and narrate what has happened to Cher then and now. Then, they 'take it home' with one last chorus. 

Just an idea, don't eat me if this is stupid!

The Cher Show
 Jun 14 2018, 04:02:17 PM

Saw the show last night. Won the lottery and they put us in the front row: So there I was, Front Row Center! 

Still a 3 hour show. One of the ensemble members said they only chopped 4 minutes off the run of the show!

Concept: The concept is a little muddy in the beginning. A lot of people were very confused. Towards the end, when 'Star Cher' looks at her Mom and says, "Wait, you can see the other Chers too?" It seemed a bit campy. A couple people behind me

Pretty Woman Rush
 Apr 6 2018, 10:45:56 AM

Hey everyone!

I'm going to be student rushing for Pretty Woman in Chicago next weekend (final show) and I didn't know what the vibe has been like at the Oriental. Is it a large crowd gathering for rush tickets in the morning?

EMC/Non-Eq Actors attending AEA auditions...
 Mar 8 2018, 02:15:06 PM

So, there's three HUGE auditions happening on March 22nd:

Anastasia Male Singer/ECC call at 10am, Hello Dolly EPA from 10am-6pm, and Waitress ECC/Male Singer at 2pm.

I will be arriving into the city around 9:30-9:45am, and am wondering how my schedule should work. As an EMC actor, will I be able to arrive around 9:45-10am and check in to be seen for Anastasia and Hello Dolly and then check in at 2pm for Waitress . . . .  I need someone to explain for me! Thanks! :)
<

Carousel Rush or Lottery?
 Mar 7 2018, 08:47:23 AM

epeter, how were the partial view seats. How many times did it happen to you where you couldn't see the action on stage?

Just curious! Thanks so much!

TB

Jessica Vosk Broadway
 Dec 18 2017, 10:54:18 AM

Wait, catch me up please!

Jessica and Jake Gylenhaal are going to be the next Jenna & Pomatter?

Or is Jessica and Gylenhaal going to be the next Elphaba and Fiyero?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You