News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AuroratheGeek

Member Name: AuroratheGeek
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting  Mar 9 2023, 10:22:01 AM

I saw it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, even though it isn't my favorite Sweeney production. Annaleigh was marvelous and I loved the amount of comedy in this production as a result. Definitely getting some flashbacks to Kinky Boots with the accent.

I've been a Josh Groban fan for a couple of decades so was excited to see him. He sounds fantastic, but the acting choices in the first act didn't quite work for me. Crossing my fingers he makes a few changes to make it hi

THE MUSIC MAN Previews  Feb 4 2022, 02:06:57 PM

I saw it last night and was glad that I got $99 tickets years ago now. I enjoyed the cast, the music and the dancing. Marian the Librarian and 76 Trombones made me very happy! I thought Hugh Jackman was very charming and Sutton was delightful as always!

That being said, I was disappointed by the design of the show. The costume and the sets were not appealing at all. And it reminded me of why I don't like seeing kids in shows very much; they had the singing and dancing down, but the

Theatre Podcasts  Jan 20 2022, 10:46:20 PM

I was also going to recommend Jim & Tomics Musical Theater Happy Hour. I haven't heard why we haven't gotten new episodes. But since one of them teaches in a school, his work life might not be conducive to recording. 

CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews  Dec 24 2021, 10:25:32 PM

Charley Kringas Inc said: "Very curious to hear how Something Just Broke and the last segment are staged, because that song has always struck me as Sondheim at his most unnecessarily treacly."

I agree. I had never seen a production until this one. Really enjoyed it but Something Just Broke felt out of place and didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the show. I wasn't emotionally moved by it (maybe I'm just used to too much sad stuff, or maybe it was the

BCEFA FLEA MARKET 2021 COLLECTORS UNITE  Oct 3 2021, 03:10:14 PM

I was pleasantly surprised about the crowds this year. They weren't as large, and were more polite than in the past. Like others, I felt like about 95% of people were wearing masks which was nice. 

I tend to not get special things, but I did come home with tickets for 4 shows from the pik-a-tikt booth, some kitchen stuff, and couple of mugs.

HELP - Showtunes about Weddings/Marriage  Sep 9 2020, 11:29:35 AM

Quite a few things from THE WEDDING SINGER, but my favorite might be "It's Your Wedding Day". 

Thoughts on Theater 5 months into The Shutdown  Aug 27 2020, 12:17:33 PM

As a New Yorker, this is very interesting. I've been here the whole pandemic and for me and friends who are in the same position, COVID is far and away the biggest fear. My biggest concern for theater coming back (before a vaccine), would be worrying whether everyone in the audience would actually keep their masks on or if tourists from elsewhere would decide that it isn't needed and take it off. I miss theater tremendously, but it would be a question of risk tolerance for me. Fo

Andrew Lloyd Webber attempting to open theaters  Jun 20 2020, 08:50:52 PM

Here's an article about it. https://www.theatermania.com/london-theater/news/andrew-lloyd-webber-announces-plans-to-test-live_91109.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=19jun2020&fbclid=IwAR3W-MFpkz1KP3QbS4pG7QsA1ZGIXZlL8diGdXw0bsnl6dsIV-5xPNjSYbw

It seems like such an extraordinarily bad idea on this timeframe. Next month!? Totally ignoring the stellar job that Korea has done in containing COVID-19, compared to the UK's awful performance. 

I'm a little surprised the UK unions wouldn't be an issue. I know they aren't as strong as Broadway, but I feel like this would be just too far...

Advice for getting into older musicals?  May 5 2020, 06:40:52 PM

I recently started listening to a podcast called Jim & Tomic's Musical Theater Happy Hour which might be really helpful for you! Each episode discusses a different show. That might give you a good sense of "major" musicals". Then you can find a recording of it and then listen to the podcast!

Personally, I've been doing a listen on Spotify of all of the Best Musical Tony nominees chronologically. I just look them up on Wikipedia.

Emptiest/Smallest Audiences at Broadway shows?  May 1 2020, 06:10:54 PM

I got $19 balcony tickets for Kander and Ebb's The Visit (apparently there were something like 1,975 steps up to the balcony), and they directed us all to the orchestra immediately, which wasn't full. I'm not sure if they had anyone in the mezz at all. 

West End production of  Apr 14 2020, 05:56:39 PM

So glad I was able to see that show again! It's such a fun show and a joy to watch. Though, I preferred the original production...

West End production of  Apr 14 2020, 01:32:35 PM

Hmm. Well, one of my credit cards apparently went through as I got a confirmation email. Here's to hoping it works out fine when they start streaming. Thanks!

West End production of  Apr 14 2020, 12:56:28 PM

Has anyone in the US been able to pay for it? My cards have been declined and am wondering if that is the issue.

What should I watch in isolation?  Mar 21 2020, 08:54:33 AM

Not quite Broadway, but the documentary Bathtubs Over Broadway was fantastic! It's about corporate musicals and tracking down the old recordings. Some major names did them!

RAGTIME Reunion Concert Happening This April  Jan 31 2020, 05:40:02 PM

I was using Chrome and was able to get in at about 1. However, I signed in, then went to available offers and then down to Ragtime. When I tried to click straight through I got error messages.

RAGTIME Reunion Concert Happening This April  Jan 31 2020, 02:56:41 PM

I may have had to close my eyes as I purchased with how expensive these are. But then, I didn't get to see the original production (or any production rather), so this might be my only chance. 

RAGTIME Reunion Concert Happening This April  Jan 31 2020, 01:29:59 PM

Just got my email that the tickets for Actors Fund members are available! So glad I was able to snag a ticket.

BroadwayCon 2020  Jan 25 2020, 10:39:54 AM

I went for the first two years, then stopped for two and went back yesterday.  I hung out in the MainStage all day which was pretty good. Thoroughly enjoyed the First Look panel (happy to preview stuff that I now must see, or now won't bother with), and the performances at the Jukebox and the kick off were great.

That being said, nothing for Saturday and Sunday seem like must do's (except for the cabaret) so I just bought a one day pass.

Jan 21 2020, 09:36:10 AM

So surprised to see so many in the Frozen camp! I really enjoyed Aladdin, and liked how they changed the source material slightly. I was disappointed in Frozen, but my expectations might have been too high. (Also, that number at the beginning of Act II! Oi!)

anyone going on the broadway cruise  Jan 18 2020, 11:32:46 AM

I haven't been on one of these Broadway cruises (hard to justify the price for us), but we do a decent amount of cruises. Norwegian has been solid (though going downhill) for us. This ship (Norwegian Pearl) is the sister ship of our favorite: the Gem. I find these ships the perfect size. Everyone has enough space, but not that many people on the ship. A nice size to randomly run into performers!

Has anyone done the Playbill cruises? If so, what was your experience? My

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You