News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WayTooBroadway

WayTooBroadway Profile Photo
Member Name: WayTooBroadway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Day turns, today turns, today turns, today turns, today turns, today...

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Nick Cordero Theatre  Jul 7 2020, 10:30:04 PM

Sounds like a wrong expression of sentiment to me. I know he was a good man and all but this is way overboard. Renaming Stage 1 of New World Stages seems more appropriate.

I’ve thought of this one too many times, but it’s time for a BIPOC woman to get her theatre. While Lorraine Hansberry’s A Raisin in the Sun debuted at the Barrymore (and was the first female playwright of color to get her show on Broadway), I highly doubt that name will be touched in lifetimes.

UK Government Announces £1.57 Billion Rescue Package For The Arts  Jul 6 2020, 08:27:51 PM
Good start but yes, we’ve got a loooooong way to go.
Hamilton film awards - Will it happen? Should it?  Jul 5 2020, 11:10:21 AM
It doesn’t deserve to win any awards for film/movies. In the same way Ben Platt or Cynthia Erivo (and their co-stars) shouldn’t have merited gotten Emmys for a song performance on a morning talk show. Ugh.
OUR TOWN revival starring Dustin Hoffman; Bartlett Sher directs  Jun 30 2020, 09:01:51 PM
Yes to Viola Davis! My initial thought before I clicked this thread.

https://twitter.com/casey_mink/status/1278087504852287489

"Us: We'd love to see work written and directed by women and people of color, starring diverse casts!

Broadway: Omgomg I have just the thing"

OUR TOWN revival starring Dustin Hoffman; Bartlett Sher directs  Jun 30 2020, 06:12:45 PM
Wow. I could think of many other names to headline this Thornton Wilder revival in 2021 America, but okay...
The Great “Bright” Way  Jun 26 2020, 06:31:04 PM
"white is the color of purity in most of Western Civilization."

As pure as Melania Trump. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Eric Schaeffer steps down from Signature Theatre (Virginia) amid sexual assault allegations  Jun 25 2020, 10:44:14 AM

HogansHero said: "everythingtaboo said: "The independent investigators hired found the filed complaints unfounded - take it as you will "

There were no "investigators." They tasked a lawyer to investigate, and that lawyer failed to interview witnesses who had relevant information. Justice should be blind, but investigators cannot be. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around...
"

Yes, yes, yes.

Help! Locked out of Telecharge account  Jun 25 2020, 01:06:45 AM

Sutton Ross said: "This is a thread about Telecharge, not Covid19. Thanks."

You’re welcome?

Help! Locked out of Telecharge account  Jun 24 2020, 10:56:07 PM
I’ve never had problems with Telecharge that patience, positive attitude, and good manners haven’t resolved. You know what’s the worst? Coronavirus.

And Brown Paper Tickets.

MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021  Jun 23 2020, 08:39:37 PM
Thanks, Jordan!
AEA President election?  Jun 20 2020, 02:17:02 PM
If you aren’t a Tony voter, what business of yours is the Tony Awards? If you aren’t a doctor, what business of yours is to question your healthcare provider? If you aren’t a Republican, what business of yours is the Republican nominee?

The list goes on. Get a grip and get lost.

Eden Espinosa called out Nederlander Oragnization  Jun 9 2020, 01:16:35 AM
POC > POS White People.
Broadway Execs Plots New Platform to Challenge BroadwayHD  Apr 17 2020, 06:29:36 PM
Broadway On Demand, but via Hollywood bars and middle school auditoriums. Let’s see what else they got.
1776 Broadway revival cast for 2021  Apr 16 2020, 06:19:47 PM
So glad you guys are sitting this out! The white male privilege on this board is astounding.
Scott Rudin lowers tickets to $50 for all his shows in March  Mar 15 2020, 10:05:37 AM
This is wishful thinking, because they’ll need more money when they reopen, but hoping ALL Broadway shows would do a promo blitz like this to get as much people back to the theatres come April 13/14 (or whenever that date would be).
What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?  Mar 15 2020, 10:02:11 AM
The Minutes.
Michael Mayer WEST SIDE STORY FANBOY  Mar 7 2020, 09:05:34 AM
And joining the board/going out of your way just to write this?

Sadness.

Only 8 Performances  Feb 12 2020, 10:00:00 PM
It has to do with Broadway salaries and unions, which is heftier including crews and staff. It’s all about the money.
Girl From The North Country - Broadway Previews  Feb 8 2020, 12:57:01 AM
Which, at that point, is way too late to save the tedious bore that happened two-and-a-half hours before that...
Kirk Douglas R.I.P.  Feb 6 2020, 12:30:31 AM
Aaaaaaand... Natalie Wood is also trending.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You