News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AprilWheeler

Member Name: AprilWheeler
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 May 9 2022, 09:11:18 PM

I feel badly saying/thinking this because it would mean people lose jobs but I’m kind of  hoping this show closes in early August. I have a cousin’s trip to NYC the weekend of 8/19 and this was the chosen show and tickets were purchased months before opening—big mistake.  I wanted to bail out for a refund since they were giving them until 5/1 but was out voted (I’m by far the pickier one in the group).  I’ll go if I have to because I want to see fa

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
 Sep 14 2019, 08:23:08 AM
Only through February 2021. I got into the sale pretty quickly but wanted a Spring date so I left.
2019-2020 Touring Season
 Feb 27 2019, 08:27:45 PM
I am disappointed with Cleveland’s swap choices as well. Very pleased with the season overall but I’m going to swap out Summer for something. Also, TBV is the show this year that cannot be swapped out.
Ever have someone be rude at a stage door?
 Apr 20 2018, 04:42:20 AM

I met Tony Shalhoub after The Price last year and he couldn’t have been nicer.

“The whole stage door thing has become just plain creepy.“

Unfortunately, after my experience at Lobby Hero, I agree with this. What used to be a fun way to talk to other people who had seen the show and possibly have a brief moment with an actor has become mass entitled hysteria based on what I experienced that night. We were barricaded in on all sides for crowd control purp

LOBBY HERO Previews
 Mar 3 2018, 11:18:22 PM

Funny the mention of picking this because the guy doesn't like theater--because that's exactly why I picked it. Not a date night for me but I'm headed into the city in April with someone who primarily wants to go to the auto show. I cannot be in NYC and not see something so I picked this because he loved Arrested Development and Superbad. I figured that was my selling point. I however do love Lonergan and have never seen one of his plays performed so I'm looking forward t

Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
 Mar 3 2018, 10:27:03 PM

When the lead singer of that band was in Kinky Boots, the stage door was so out of control that it basically became a safety issue for all involved. He tried to go out for a substantial part of his run but one night it got so awful, he and his security team said he would no longer be coming out. It has seemed to me that since this (which was in Summer of 2017) more people are making similar decisions. I have enjoyed stage dooring  in the past but I have noticed recently that pe

Mar 3 2018, 12:19:32 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if that ended up being the case. After what happened with the guy from Panic at the Disco, I would think more and more actors would choose to avoid a chaotic stage door. If this does end up being the case, I wonder if the actors (particularly Evans) will announce like Amy Schumer did that they won't be coming out. I certainly don't think anyone is ever obligated to explain that choice but it could help with crowd control on the street if people know not to wait. Especiall
 Mar 2 2018, 08:26:07 PM
Based on what I've read about NYC's current weather conditions, I would expect similar results tonight.
2018 - 2019 Touring Season
 Feb 27 2018, 02:14:23 PM

Pithyaspromised said: "This was on social media last night, after an announcement event with a full theater of people in attendance. Not sure how they thought making the announcement a full day before "the announcement" would fare. I heard this year's event is half the spectacle of last year's with the Hamilton announcement."

Yeah that makes zero sense. I'm not going to the launch party but if I had planned to leave work early to go dow

2018 - 2019 Touring Season
 Feb 27 2018, 12:29:36 AM

I live in Cleveland and Playhouse Square is making a BIG deal out of the official announcement tomorrow night--party, live stream etc. That list is pretty much what I suspected it would be so it looks like they got scooped.

Edit to Add: According to twitter there was an event for donors tonight where attendees were told early yet "sworn to secrecy." This  list is definitely accurate.

METEOR SHOWER Previews
 Nov 1 2017, 05:15:40 PM
I also wonder if actors just announce they aren't doing the stage door in an attempt to avoid what Ben Platt dealt with over the Summer. Amy Schumer announced via Instagram that she too will not be doing the stage door.
Dear Evan Hansen Stage Door
 Jul 3 2017, 08:21:45 PM

JBroadway said: "In light of Nycat63's "generations" comment, I feel I should point out that this was tweeted by a grown woman with children. While the rabid young fans definitely contribute to the hysterical atmosphere, 90% of the COMPLAINTS I've heard while stage-dooring ("he's taking forever to come out!" "If she really appreciated her fans she'd sign autographs" etc.) have been from autograph hounds and middle-aged

THE PRICE StageDoor
 May 16 2017, 08:36:20 PM

Wooooooow. That story is ridiculous and exactly what gives stage dooring (even though I know it didn't happen at the official door) a bad name. I love doing it and would have loved to have met Mark but if he was getting this kind of nonsense regularly I can understand avoiding it. You did the right thing. The story wouldn't have been as cool for you if Mark took the selfie while clearly not wanting to do so. I tell people all the time that the stage door is fun and I've

THE PRICE StageDoor
 Apr 27 2017, 10:13:09 AM

I'm SO SO SO very happy for you! I am so glad that after a 20 hour flight, you got to meet him! 

Idina Menzel Current Tour
 Apr 26 2017, 11:16:20 PM

ArtMan, you're welcome! If it's set up like last year, you will look up the artist on LiveNation, choose the tour stop that you want and there will be a section to choose the kick off to Summer ticket. I did this last year and it's very easy.

Mark Ruffalo out 5/2 & 5/3 has anyone seen his understudy?
 Apr 26 2017, 08:57:01 PM

In my opinion, Danny DeVito is the real performance to see in this show so if he's still in it, its worth keeping the tickets despite an understudy for MR. Out of curiosity, did they say who the understudy is?

Idina Menzel Current Tour
 Apr 26 2017, 08:16:41 PM

If your venue is a Live Nation venue, tickets for her may be part of their Kickoff to Summer promotion next week where tickets are $20, no fees starting Monday. I'm in Cleveland and her show falls under that promotion here.

THE PRICE StageDoor
 Apr 25 2017, 04:40:37 PM

This past Saturday at the evening show MR said after the auction "we will see you at the stage door." We took that to mean the actual stage door on 43rd but then he didn't come out. I'm guessing now he meant the door to backstage and was speaking to those who paid $1000 for BCEFA.

THE PRICE StageDoor
 Apr 25 2017, 02:18:45 PM

You could ask security or the stage manager if they would give it to him. I've never done that before so others who have may have other/better ideas.

The other option would be to try the main exit and hope he comes out that way like he has been. Tricky one with that would be that the actors likely use that door when they don't want/have time to interact with fans so MR or his security may be less open to interaction. 

THE PRICE StageDoor
 Apr 24 2017, 10:11:30 AM

Mark Ruffalo seems to be pretty inconsistent when it comes to the stage door. If you are going specifically for him, I would try really hard to temper your expectations. A woman who was out at the door when I was got really upset when the announcement was made about MR having left out the front door and started mouthing off to security. The stage door appearances are a bonus and never guaranteed, which is something this person didn't seem to grasp. I went on Saturday and only Tony came ou

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You