pixeltracker

Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door

Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door

broadwayfan128
#1Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/2/18 at 12:58pm

I know it was raining last night but did Chris Evans and Michael cera sign/take photos

Thanks

bfreak
#2Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/2/18 at 1:19pm

According to Instagram, none of the cast signed or took pictures last night.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#3Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/2/18 at 2:30pm

Keep in mind though it was raining pretty hard last night.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#4Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/2/18 at 3:48pm

I don't think anyone on Broadway signed or took pictures last night. Or at least, for the sake of their health, I hope they didn't.

AprilWheeler
#5Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/2/18 at 8:26pm

Based on what I've read about NYC's current weather conditions, I would expect similar results tonight.

yesraccoons Profile Photo
yesraccoons
#6Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/2/18 at 11:56pm

Weather was fine but no one came out. Honestly don’t think they’re coming out at all... Stage door set up was awful there was no way everyone could’ve gotten their playbill signed anyway.

However, they may giving out one signed playbill a night as a security guard handed me a fully signed playbill that he was carrying around seeming to want to give out

AprilWheeler
#7Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/3/18 at 12:19am

It wouldn't surprise me if that ended up being the case. After what happened with the guy from Panic at the Disco, I would think more and more actors would choose to avoid a chaotic stage door. If this does end up being the case, I wonder if the actors (particularly Evans) will announce like Amy Schumer did that they won't be coming out. I certainly don't think anyone is ever obligated to explain that choice but it could help with crowd control on the street if people know not to wait. Especially if this particular stage door is crazy.

220Basswood
#8Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/3/18 at 10:19pm

What happened at Panic at the Disco?  The stage door guy at the Parisian Woman told me that Amy did not come out at her show because she was getting death threats related to her political opinions.

AprilWheeler
#9Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/3/18 at 10:27pm

When the lead singer of that band was in Kinky Boots, the stage door was so out of control that it basically became a safety issue for all involved. He tried to go out for a substantial part of his run but one night it got so awful, he and his security team said he would no longer be coming out. It has seemed to me that since this (which was in Summer of 2017) more people are making similar decisions. I have enjoyed stage dooring  in the past but I have noticed recently that people are acting more entitled and out of control in some instances. I haven't experienced anything at the level of what happened at Kinky Boots, but I did witness people go off on a security guard last year at The Price when they were told Mark Ruffalo had left.

Updated On: 3/3/18 at 10:27 PM

LightsOut90
#10Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/3/18 at 11:12pm

I mean Cera would signed pretty often after This Is Our Youth and Henry after Fortress of Solitude (of course hes since been on Atlanta so im sure his profile is way bigger now) so i think give it til after opening and the weather is a bit nicer.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#11Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/3/18 at 11:21pm

The weather was pretty mild tonight (by winter standards), but none of the cast stopped to sign. It's always possible that they'll start signing later in the run, but for the time being, it looks like this is probably going to be the norm. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#12Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/4/18 at 9:54am

Weather notwithstanding, people often forget that previews usually involve the actors staying for a bit after a performance to discuss director's notes and changes, etc, so their departure may be later than normal, and couple that with having done a full performance and being tired, they may not be game to come out. 

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#13Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/8/18 at 5:40am

Where is the stage door at the Helen Hayes theatre located?

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#14Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/8/18 at 6:29am

http://www.stageelf.com/stage-doors-on-broadway.html

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#15Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/8/18 at 7:42am

Great website Patti! Thank you!

JSquared2
#16Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/8/18 at 12:07pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "http://www.stageelf.com/stagedoors-on-broadway

You should self-publish and call it STALKING BROADWAY FOR DUMMIES

natashalost
#17Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/8/18 at 12:42pm

Does Brian Tyree Henry ever come out?

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#18Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/8/18 at 1:25pm

Evans can't come out because he will be plagued by the ebayers. If an actor has an affiliation with a franchise its brutal with the collectors and ebayers. Its one thing to sign for theatre fans but the advent of camera phones and secondary markets has created a bloodlust by people trying to make a buck. I gather he'll never come out and the other actors will want to avoid the melee created by his absence.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#19Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/8/18 at 1:45pm

JSquared2 said: "Patti LuPone FANatic said: "http://www.stageelf.com/stagedoors-on-broadway

You should self-publish and call itSTALKING BROADWAY FOR DUMMIES

"

Try being a nice person. It’s way less stressful on yourself.

Danielle49
#20Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/8/18 at 2:07pm

Bettyboy72 said: "Evans can't come out because he will be plagued by the ebayers. If an actor has an affiliation with a franchise its brutal with the collectors and ebayers. Its one thing to sign for theatre fans but the advent of camera phones and secondary markets has created a bloodlust by people trying to make a buck. I gather he'll never come out and the other actors will want to avoid the melee created by his absence."

Strangely, I was hoping that Chris Evans wouldn't stage door for this very reason. I've read before that he deals with anxiety and the crazy environment of rabid fans and eBayers probably isn't ideal. The eBayers are probably the reason Amy Schumer didn't stagedoor either. I'm actually surprised Andrew Garfield is coming out every night. There's an Instagram video of him refusing the obvious eBayers more than one autograph and not putting up with their rude stage door behavior, but I'm sure not every huge celebrity would be comfortable being firm with people like that.

It's also much easier for Lobby Hero to say no one is stagedooring rather than the others coming out and a certain breed of stagedoorer assuming Evans isn't sociable.

Updated On: 3/8/18 at 02:07 PM

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#21Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/8/18 at 2:14pm

It's a fairly common practice these days to enforce a "playbills/show merch only" rule at the stage-door. Plus, lots of celebrities still sign after shows even with the Autograph Hounds present. I'm not judging Evans for not stopping to sign, and I'm also not denying the possibility that Ebay-ers have something to do with his decision. But to say that he CAN'T come out because of the Ebay-ers is simply not true. 

Updated On: 3/8/18 at 02:14 PM

LightsOut90
#22Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/8/18 at 2:21pm

Danielle49 said: 'm actually surprised Andrew Garfield is coming out every night.There's an Instagram video of him refusing the obvious eBayers more than one autograph and not putting up with their rude stage door behavior, but I'm sure not every huge celebrity would be comfortable being firm with people like that.

Garfield did this during Death of A Salesman also, refused to sign someones Spider-Man toy.

Danielle49
#23Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/8/18 at 2:39pm

LightsOut90 said: "Danielle49 said: 'm actually surprised Andrew Garfield is coming out every night.There's an Instagram video of him refusing the obvious eBayers more than one autograph and not putting up with their rude stage door behavior, but I'm sure not every huge celebrity would be comfortable being firm with people like that.

Garfield did this during Death of A Salesman also, refused to sign someones Spider-Man toy.

"

I respect that a lot. I also get that some performers would be worried about turning someone down. It's horrible the assumptions or comments some stagedoorers make if someone doesn't sign. That's not news, but it's bothersome nonetheless.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#24Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/8/18 at 4:09pm

I'd honestly be very surprised if Chris Evans were to sign regularly given that he's been extremely vocal about the fact that conventions and premieres and such make him incredibly anxious. 

boonanas
#25Chris Evans and Michael Cera Stage Door
Posted: 3/8/18 at 4:18pm

I believe this is going to be a no-stage-door play.  Just a wave, if that.  Michael Cera doesn't seem to like interacting with fans either, which is fine.