News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MaineTheaterGoer

Member Name: MaineTheaterGoer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR 50th Anniversary Tour
 Apr 1 2023, 01:48:37 PM

I believe the runtime was about 90-95 minutes.

Apr 1 2023, 10:19:29 AM

This show is very similar to the NBC production. It runs straight through, no intermission, so be prepared for that. 

If one musical survives 200 years from now
 Sep 5 2020, 05:21:00 PM

kdogg36 said: "I don’t see any reason why the major works of Rodgers and Hammerstein or Sondheim won’t be remembered as well as those of Mozart or Verdi are remembered today."

I agree. Also Shakespeare --> Romeo & Juliet --> West Side Story. 

There are plenty of others.

Oklahoma subtext
 Aug 28 2020, 04:08:52 PM

There was a production in 2018 in Oregon with a lesbian Curley and Laurey, and a gay Will Parker and Ado Andy. See this article from the New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/15/theater/oklahoma-same-sex-oregon-shakespeare-festival.html

The Music Man should do the right thing and postpone/cancel the run now
 Jun 24 2020, 01:06:17 PM

I just received this email:

Despite the current suspension of performances on Broadway, we are delighted to be able to confirm our new schedule for the highly anticipated production of Hugh Jackman in THE MUSIC MAN

The show will begin previews at the Winter Garden Theatre on April 7, 2021, with an official opening on May 20, 2021

Since you are already a ticketholder for this strictly limited engagement, your booking has been automatically transferred to a new performance. Although your performance date has changed, your seat locations are exactly the same.

New Performance Date: May 1, 2021
New Performance Time: 8:00PM

If for any reason you cannot attend THE MUSIC MAN on the date above and need to exchange to a different performance, go to your Telecharge Order Status page (on a desktop computer or tablet).

Click the “Exchange” button and follow the steps to select another performance and new seat locations. Your exchange will be completed after you have selected new seat locations. All exchanges must be made by July 23, 2020.

We are enormously excited about Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster in THE MUSIC MAN, and about inviting you back to Broadway. We hope that, in the meantime, you continue to stay safe and healthy.

We look forward to seeing you at the Winter Garden. 

Thank you,
Telecharge Customer Service

Your First Broadway Show
 Jun 17 2020, 12:20:28 PM

In 1964, I was in Washington DC on a trip and saw "Fiddler on the Roof" which was in previews before going to NY. My mother's friend had gotten tickets and said, "This show is going to be a big hit when it gets to Broadway." I guess she was right!

In 1967, I saw "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" (off Broadway) with all of the original cast. Andy Williams and Lorne Greene were sitting in the row right behind us.

My first Broadway musical was

Dec 24 2019, 04:43:01 PM

I saw it Friday evening (12/20) at the Hippodrome in Baltimore. I thought it was amazing. It was 100 minutes long, no intermission. It moves fast without much chance to applaud, although for a few songs, people just *had* to applaud and squeezed some clapping in. It was very intense especially seeing it five days before Christmas. I am seriously thinking about buying tickets to see it in Hartford CT at the end of February.

Witches of Eastwick - Dream Casting
 Jul 7 2017, 02:52:20 PM

I saw The Witches of Eastwick back in 2014 at the Ogunquit Playhouse in Ogunquit, Maine. I liked it so much, I went twice. James Barbour (currently playing the Phantom on Broadway) was one sexy Daryl Van Horn and I needed a double dose of him! Sally Struthers (an Ogunquit regular) was a lot fun as the town busybody/moral arbiter (sorry, don't remember the name of her character).

Here's a clip from the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOneAYRiT-k

If you could go back in time and see only one Broadway show, what would it be?
 Jun 18 2017, 06:11:44 PM

This is my first time posting, so I hope this comes through okay!

I have a very clear memory of seeing Mary Martin in Peter Pan. I was in the balcony (first row) with my mother and Aunt Ruth. In the scene where Peter says he needs help, I leaped up and was ready to fly to the stage. "I'll help you Peter!" I yelled. Fortunately, I was saved from certain death (falling into the orchestra seats) by my mother and aunt grabbing the sash on the back of my dress (we

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You