News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MrPeach

Member Name: MrPeach
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Situations in Which the Best Person Didn't Win  Jun 19 2018, 12:21:08 AM
I’ve been seeing a lot of B’way and trying to keep up for about 3 or 4 years. The biggest headscratcher has been Gideon Glick not even receiving a nomination for “Significant Other.” He was much more deserving than at least two of the nominees in Lead Actor of a Play.
2018 Featured Actress in a Play  Jun 11 2018, 02:11:05 PM

MadsonMelo said: "It's not rocket science, Gough is the clear MVP of the play for many. Among her and Brown, there's no competition."

Against my better judgment, I predicted Gough in my predictions pool. Once again, vote-splitting occurs in this particular category (something Lindsay Mendez avoided with Renee Fleming on the musical side). I wonder if Gough would have prevailed had Brown been left off and/or of Alison Pill had been nominated along with Metcalf

Carousel: No!  May 27 2018, 09:46:36 PM
I haven’t seen the revival. However, it’s sort of fascinating that Tony voters gave this show 11 nominations yet it’s one of the most panned shows ever discussed here at BW. The disconnect is curious. It would be like if “Amelie” has received 11 Tony noms last year (as it was panned as much as “Carousel” around these parts).

On the flip-side, BW rallied behind shows such as “Significant Other” and “American Psycho,” yet Tony voters shut out the former and gave two tech noms to the latt

Lauren FTW  May 21 2018, 01:03:05 AM
I thought this was referring to Lauren Ridloff. She’s got great reviews and is the clear alternative, but Glenda Jackson may be the biggest lock of all the acting races. As for Lauren Ambrose and Katrina Lenk, it’s a complete tossup.
Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread  May 20 2018, 04:36:45 PM

I’ll try to post all the categories a show will be eligible for once they’ve started.

THE BOYS IN THE BAND
Booth Theatre
First Preview: April 30, 2018
[Scheduled] Opening Date: May 31, 2018
[Scheduled] Closing Date: August 11, 2018
- Revival of a Play [Produced by David Stone, Scott Rudin, Patrick Catullo, Aaron Glick, and Ryan Murphy]
- Direction of a Play: Joe Mantello
- Lead Actor in a Play: Jim Parsons [as Michael]
- Feat Acto

Drama League Winners - 2018  May 18 2018, 05:27:24 PM

WayTooBroadway said: "This current casting of TTW is too delicious to be replaced, but the production is quite stellar as is.

Laurie has already mentioned going back to "Roseanne" taping for the next season. I would personally like to see her in another play next season, whether Broadway or Off.
"

I read somewhere (pehaps here) that Metcalf is rumored to be doing “Death of a Salesman” next season with  Nathan Lane in a production

Does anyone else feel this will be the lowest rated Tony Awards in the last decade?  May 16 2018, 12:37:29 AM

Oak2 said: "Um pardon me but I think you missed a very important fact about this year's Tony Awards. Might I direct your attention to the nominations for "Best Featured Actor in a Musical"? If you look very closely, you might see the words "Nathan" and "Lane" next to each other in that category. The presence of this being automatically means this year's Tony Awards are among the best. Any that don't have this being anywhere in the building do

How often do you cry at musicals?  May 15 2018, 12:25:55 AM

It’s happened twice. The first was “Next to Normal” on Broadway. Alice Ripley had tears pouring out of me.

The second and last was the revival of “The Color Purple.” It was the matinee after the 2016 general election and I was filled with a very sad, confused, and upset energy. I probably shouldn’t have seen it, but that was the only time I was going to be able to before it closed.

Needless to say, Alice Ripley and Cynthia Erivo give &

2018 Featured Actress in a Play  May 12 2018, 05:24:40 PM

I’ve noticed several posters say that Gough’s performances in “People, Places, and Things” and “Angels in America.” I ask this sincerely: What does that matter and, more importantly, why should it matter in terms of enthusiasm for voting for a performance?

In film: Morgan Freeman and George Clooney have made a career out of playing shades of similar characters. Octavia Spencer has been Oscar nominated three times for similar characters [winning o

2018 Featured Actress in a Play  May 11 2018, 07:49:30 PM
The factor that makes me think Metcalf will prevail is because this category has a recent trend in costars splitting the vote.

2017 - Cynthia Nixon [“The Little Foxes”] wins over Jayne Houdyshell / Condola Rashad [“A Doll’s House, Part 2”] and Johanna Day / Michelle Wilson [“Sweat”].

2016 - Jayne Houdyshell [“The Humans”] wins over Pascale Armand / Saycon Sengbloh [“Eclipsed”] and Megan Hilty / Andrea Martin [“Noises Off”].

On the contrast, one costar managed to avoid

2018 Featured Actress in a Play  May 9 2018, 11:20:54 AM

Debates and discussions for the category of Featured Actress in a Play. I also included some contenders that didn’t get nominated.

FEATURED ACTRESS IN A PLAY
- Susan Brown [as Hannah Pitt, et al], ANGELS IN AMERICA
- Noma Dumezwini [as Hermione Granger], HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD
- Deborah Findlay [as Hazel], THE CHILDREN
- Denise Gough [as Harper Pitt, et al], ANGELS IN AMERICA
- Laurie Metcalf [as B], THREE TALL WOMEN

10 cont

Significant Snub of the Year  May 2 2018, 01:37:33 PM

LxGstv said: "Perhaps my original statement should have been Laura Benanti deserved a nomination, regardless of Amy Schumer getting one or not.

I don’t think Schumer was bad in it, and I certainly don’t want her to fail, but in my opinion she was only ok, while Benanti was dynamite... whenever I think back on the show, the most memorable parts were Benanti’s... she stole the show. For me.
"

Who would you take out and replace with Benan

Significant Snub of the Year  May 1 2018, 05:25:48 PM

UncleCharlie said: "MrPeach said: "JSquared2 said: "MrPeach said: "Last year, Gideon Glick was snubbed of a nomination in Lead Actor in a Play for his superb performance in “Significant Other.” In-fact, the entire production was shut out of nominations at the Tonys. In my opinion,Glick being left off was so egregious that it diminished the prestige of being nominated for and/or winning a Tony.

Gideon has gotten over i

Significant Snub of the Year  May 1 2018, 04:23:30 PM

JSquared2 said: "MrPeach said: "Last year, Gideon Glick was snubbed of a nomination in Lead Actor in a Play for his superb performance in “Significant Other.” In-fact, the entire production was shut out of nominations at the Tonys. In my opinion,Glick being left off was so egregious that it diminished the prestige of being nominated for and/or winning a Tony.

Gideon has gotten over it and moved on. Maybe you should, as well?

Significant Snub of the Year  May 1 2018, 04:21:17 PM

JBroadway said: "MrPeach said: "Glick being left off was so egregious that it diminished the prestige of being nominated for and/or winning a Tony."

Ha! That's quite a bold statement!I can picture it now: future Tony winners for years to come will feel no sense ofaccomplishment whatsoever, because the credibility of the Tonys was ruined when that one guy from that one short-lived play that one year didn't get nominated.

Don

Significant Snub of the Tony Noms 2017-2018  May 1 2018, 03:57:07 PM

Last year, Gideon Glick was snubbed of a nomination in Lead Actor in a Play for his superb performance in “Significant Other.” In-fact, the entire production was shut out of nominations at the Tonys. In my opinion, Glick being left off was so egregious that it diminished the prestige of being nominated for and/or winning a Tony. 

What snub or snubs deserve a mention this year?

I think the one that keeps coming up the most in the reactions-threa

Will Yerma go to Broadway after off Broadway?  Apr 29 2018, 08:02:44 PM
I wonder whose schedule prevented it from extending its Off-B’way run. The posts and reviews from this message board alone made me hope to get to see it. It’s not often we see an Off-B’way production, and especially performance, excite the masses.
Will Glenda Jackson win the Lead Actress Tony?  Apr 29 2018, 08:00:39 PM
Jackson is winning without any competition at all. Rashad and Ridloff are giving good performances in just-okay plays. The fourth spot will be a filler nominee from a closed production. Had Metcalf and Denise Gough been placed in Lead, she would have at least prevailed against some worthy contenders.

Funny how last year the category had five win-worthy performances, and at least another 3-5 worthy contenders [i.e. Allison Janney, Mary-Louise Parker, Janet McTeer] didn’t even get a nomin

Best Actor in a Play  Apr 28 2018, 07:21:09 AM
1. Andrew Garfield, “Angels in America”
2. Jamie Parker, “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child”
3. Tom Hollander, “Travesties”
4. Denzel Washington, “The Iceman Cometh”
5. Mark Rylance, “Farinelli and the King”

Reply  Apr 22 2018, 03:32:11 AM
BroadwayForBrokePeople.com is one of my favorite websites because it compiles all the essential information regarding rush policies. If a person is willing to do a little research and stand in line for an hour or three, an affordable ticket is possible.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You