News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for greenifyme2

Member Name: greenifyme2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SIX - Preview Thread  Feb 25 2020, 11:46:14 PM

Scarlet Leigh said: "BwayinVan said: "On the Six Instagram live tonight it was explained that Megasix is not allowed to be filmed as per actors equity. Apparently the creatives wanted it but the union is the one that kiboshed it."

Yeah they also said that technically they were not suppose to allow megasix to be recorded in Chicago either but they did it anyway (a smart marketing move perhaps) and that the union was not happy with them over it.
"

EMOJILAND Previews  Jan 12 2020, 01:23:34 AM
Oof. This one was rough. It was certainly splashy though, so it would probably make money if the 11-13 year olds could convince their parents to buy them tickets.
SING STREET @ NYTW  Jan 2 2020, 11:47:55 PM

steven22 said: "I saw the show for the second time tonight. A bunch of changes since I last saw it during previews. Changes we caught: the house set piece in the beginning wasn't there during the the second preview, the Priest's song was cut, and the scene with the piano teacher and the Priest was added.

Sure, this show is it's flaws but I very much enjoyed it and hope it has some sort of future.
"

Whoa whoa- did they cut the ENTIRE Dream for Y

Modern The Sound of Music  Dec 22 2019, 11:42:01 AM

Plannietink08 said: "astromiami said: "Plannietink08 said: "Interesting idea. The issue is that The Sound of Music is a true story, the characters are real people who’s children are still alive today so I’m not sure how well it would go down."

Actually, the von Trapps were critical of SOM for straying so far from the real life events and character, they might prefer a darker version that more clearly demonstrates the danger the family was in and the bravery of their actions.

Really? I wasn’t aware of that. I assumed they were pretty happy with the adaption given how popular it is. Maybe a darker and grittier version would be a good idea then! I know that the real story isn’t as dramatic as the musical makes out because they quite happily boarded a train and left Austria in complete comfort rather than hiking over a mountain.

True the VonTrapps were unhappy how their father was portrayed because I guess in reality he wasn’t cold and cruel. Sounds like Maria was the one with the temper. They left on a train for America. nhttps://www.archives.gov/publications/prologue/2005/winter/von-trapps-html

like many adaptations the Sound of Music is loosely based on a true story.

Modern The Sound of Music  Dec 17 2019, 11:05:41 PM
So after more than 15 years of knowing my husband it came up the other day that he has never seen The Sound of Music, so we started watching it. Were only halfway through and Ive seen it dozens of times, but its really interesting to watch it with someone new to it who has hilarious play-by-play commentary and questions. Hes not really into musicals but is actually enjoying it for the most part.

It got me thinking, what would a modern version of this show look like? Darker, and grittier

SING STREET @ NYTW  Dec 4 2019, 04:24:27 PM

JBroadway said: "greenifyme2 said: "Can someone tell me where that I Will Dream for You song came from/who it's by? It's not from the movie, correct?"

It’s either an original song, or it was written for the movie and cut from it. It’s not an ‘80s hit, and you’re correct that it’s not in the movie.I thought the songwas beautiful!
"

Same, I loved it! Would love to listen to a recording!&n

SING STREET @ NYTW  Dec 4 2019, 02:55:02 PM

Can someone tell me where that I Will Dream for You song came from/who it's by? It's not from the movie, correct?

SING STREET @ NYTW  Dec 1 2019, 09:28:53 AM

ZackSabbath said: "The movie is one of my all time faves so bear in mind that’s why I’m extra critical here.

I enjoyed the play, but here’s my wishlist for when it transfers to Broadway:

1. They need a live feed to the video camera. The music videos were a big part of the movie and this is a chance to make each number feel unique by changing up the scenery.

2. Cut the non original songs. Give us a fleshed out version of Connor singin

SING STREET @ NYTW  Nov 26 2019, 07:11:49 PM

inception said: "Interesting to read all these comments after just 1 performance. I'm not seeing this for another 5 weeks. I've seen the film twice, a couple years apart, and both times I felt like the whole script felt almost improvised or written spur of the moment with not much thought as to any character's actual motivations. Watching the film I always figured they spent more time writing the songs & story booking the music videos than the rest of the script. Was

SING STREET @ NYTW  Nov 26 2019, 07:06:56 PM

wolfwriter said: "The spoiler box is acting up for me, too, so SPOILERS ahead...

The daughter says she is leaving school to travel, not because she can’t handle pressure.

There is a line about lack of work for architects. Did the family save no money? It’s a stretch, but okay. Maybe that’s what the line about too many vacations is there for.

If you watch Anne’s face it is abundantly clear to me that she fee

SING STREET @ NYTW  Nov 26 2019, 05:23:17 PM

wolfwriter said: "Thanks for taking the time, greenifyme2. I read what you wrote, twice, and most of isn't in the show. It might be in the film, but most of what you wrote is your guess. It's how you filled in the blanks and that's totally okay. Please don't think I'm trying to be difficult or snarky. I'm not. I liked this enough to care about them getting it right. I won't drag this out beyond this. We're not going to agree, but I like reading your th

SING STREET @ NYTW  Nov 26 2019, 04:41:41 PM

Answering wolfwriter's questions against my better judgement, partly because it boggles my mind that the answers aren't obvious to him and partly because I'm wondering if others have different answers.

From my perspective:

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Why won't Brendan leave the house? Why don't his folks help him

SING STREET @ NYTW  Nov 26 2019, 03:57:25 PM
JBroadway said: "@wolfwriter - are your questions rhetorical, or are you genuinely asking? I feel like most of them are answerable based on what’s already in the text of the show (not just the film). Though some of your questions (ex. “Why should we care?”) are solely subjective, obviously. "

Yes most of those answers are in the show. Why would you ask why the parents are splitting up when it’s discussed several times by many characters? Filling in the blanks seems pretty obvious to me-

SING STREET @ NYTW  Nov 26 2019, 11:49:37 AM

JBroadway said: "I completely disagree with those of you who say the show is lacking in depth and character development. It’s true that not all of these characters get huge moments in the spotlight. And if I were just reading the script for this show, I might agree with you.

But I think the combined work of Walsh, Taichman, the songwriters, and the cast, manages to add up to fully realized characters. We may not know every fact about their history and the way they li

SING STREET @ NYTW  Nov 25 2019, 08:21:48 AM

charles91 said: "greenifyme2 said: "HBBrock said: "Any reports on invited dress? Will be there tomorrow for the first preview and I cannot wait."

I don’t want to say much but it’s great. You won’t be disappointed.
"

Would you mind sharing the run time? Glad you enjoyed!
"

It was a little under 2.5 hours. 

SING STREET @ NYTW  Nov 25 2019, 12:19:40 AM

HBBrock said: "Any reports on invited dress? Will be there tomorrow for the first preview and I cannot wait."

I don’t want to say much but it’s great. You won’t be disappointed.

SING STREET @ NYTW  Nov 24 2019, 01:15:42 PM
I’ll be there tonight and tomorrow night. Very excited
Josh Gad Hinting a Book of Mormon Return??  Oct 18 2019, 08:33:33 PM
... but they’re really old, right?
Little Shop of Horrors (PREVIEWS)  Oct 18 2019, 09:17:08 AM

dramamama611 said: "Except for most people here not liking Blanchard, the boards seem to like the production very much.

Can't wait for Saturday.
"

The odd thing to me is not that we necessarily didn’t *like* her, it’s that she was so obviously off pitch at times. So factually, she was a miss. I wonder if her performance has tightened up?

If Julie Andrews hadn’t lost her voice  Oct 17 2019, 07:08:57 PM

TotallyEffed said: "She is doing more than one talkback at Metrograph, and tickets aren’t extremely expensive. I can only make it to one, and I am certainly not missing out on the chance to see her in person, if only for a Q&A after the film."

It looks like the Q&A showing is sold out and the others are "extended introductions." Does anyone know what that really means? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You