News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Kelley10

Member Name: Kelley10
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Appropriate tonight? 2/15/24
 Feb 15 2024, 11:47:46 AM

Thank you for the good news.

Appropriate tonight? 2/15/24
 Feb 15 2024, 11:36:08 AM

Have tickets for tonight 2/15/24.

Tues & Weds were cancelled.

Is the show on for today?

Thanks!

Faye Dunaway - Sunset Blvd
 Sep 5 2023, 01:58:21 PM

I went the final week at the Shubert: Los Angeles to see the show for the third time. There was an unusually long Cancellation Line that night. Turns out that was the day Dunaway was let go and there was a sudden demand for tickets before it closed. 

Sarah Paulson to return to Broadway in Branden Jacobs-Jenkins's APPROPRIATE
 Jul 27 2023, 01:38:58 PM

Jenkins's

s/b Jenkins'

How's the current POTO West End cast (Robyns/Hull)?
 Jul 26 2023, 06:43:33 PM

So slow, Helen Keller could have run from it with no problem.

TRANSPARENT musical (based on the TV series) to premiere at the Mark Taper Forum in 2023, directed by Tina Landau
 Jul 14 2023, 01:37:49 PM

I saw it in LA and it is terrible. Only someone looking for a Tax Write-Off would invest in this mess.

Sondheim revival renaissance
 Mar 17 2023, 11:04:58 PM

Jayne Houdyshell as Mama Rose.

Nathan Lane as Herbie

SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
 Feb 27 2023, 02:31:58 AM

I saw the 1984 production and remember it was exactly the same as the Broadway production but with more trained voices. I had already seen the original cast twice and this time around was my least favorite.

I looked up the second time NYOC did the show and was surprised Elaine Paige played Mrs. Lovett. Here's a clip of her "Best Pies in London."

(23) The Worst Pies in London [Sweeney Todd, 2004] - Elaine Paige - YouTube

Your First Broadway Show!!!
 May 12 2019, 08:46:20 PM

JEWS

GOZ

BETTE

Repeat Visits To Shows
 Feb 24 2019, 02:51:58 PM

I've seen THE BOOK OF MORMON 27 times. I paid full price 3 times and won the lottery 24 times. I live close to the theatre so it's nothing for me to go down for the drawing. There's only about 3 times where the show was off which was usually the fault of various understudies for the Elder Cunningham role I've seen. BOM isn't my favorite show, but it's a damn fine one and a fun, funny night at the theatre. Just hearing the audience react to it is worth it. 

Favourite scene transitions?
 Dec 31 2018, 01:46:09 PM

The first thing I thought was the the transition in GYPSY from the younger to older performers. Even the movie and TV version use it it's so great. No special effects - just a simple strobe. Brilliant!

Dear evabelieven hansen? Whitewashing?
 Nov 12 2018, 10:18:34 PM

After tonight I promise you all I will never write another word on this site.

You are all so delicate I don't know how you get through a single day.

I don't want to be the one to set you off. I hope you only you have good experiences.

Bye people bye bye.

Nov 12 2018, 09:40:20 PM

Never said that.

Said what a great idea and easily done.

Now unbunch your panties.

Nov 12 2018, 09:37:26 PM

It's funny you read it in a racist way. I was talking about kids don't usually take to having a child adopted into their family. I'm just saying it brings up a different history you just can't ignore.

Let me ask.. if the show started and Evan is black and his Mom is white; wouldn't you think "I guess Evan's dad was black." No big deal, but the truth. It doesn't ask you to act blind. It just is.

Hilton Als wrote thoughtfully abou

Nov 12 2018, 07:44:11 PM

I knew this was all going to get me in trouble, but in that case "on stage" or "in real life" I'd ask myself - how did that happen? I am over myself, I have no pretences about life? But, I also believe in science and the truth? Yes, we suspend a great deal of reality for the theatre but that doesn't mean we turn stupid when we attend.

Dear evan hansen? Whitewashing?
 Nov 12 2018, 07:11:36 PM

I noticed the two understudies for Alana in the Los Angeles production are black. They also are listed as understudies for Zoe. That would play well into Connor not liking her. She would have had to be adopted.

I think Evan as POC is a great idea and an easy one for the producers. It's a small cast to begin with and they'd only have to recast Evan and his mom Heidi.

BOM
 Nov 12 2018, 06:49:44 PM

I've seen THE BOOK OF MORMON - 28 times. I paid full price 4 times and won the lottery 24 times. I have a Playbill for each time. 95% the show is on, so I'm pretty much guaranteed a good time. I've become a pretty good judge of a BOM audience and they themselves can be quite the Rush!. Great Show!!!!!

A Star Is Born review. WOW!
 Oct 4 2018, 04:10:35 PM

I think Coleman will be her biggest competition not Close.

Oct 4 2018, 04:08:51 PM

He's very good but don't see an Oscar. Nomination maybe

Oct 4 2018, 03:55:46 PM

Mark it down now, Gaga WILL win the OSCAR for this role. She is magnificent. She not only hits every note, but then nails it to the f'###ng floor. #AMOVIESTARISBORN

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You