News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for asimplegal2

asimplegal2 Profile Photo
Member Name: asimplegal2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Worst song ever written for a musical  Jan 6 2018, 01:23:44 PM

Dead Gay Son from Heathers. Ugh.

Albums that should be made into Musicals  Sep 7 2017, 02:34:57 PM

There's already Sunny Afternoon which uses a lot of the songs, but Lola versus Powerman and the Moneygoround would be AMAZING as a musical

Best 21st Century Playwrights?  Sep 6 2017, 09:36:51 PM

Annie Baker!

Could a Broadway Revival of COMPANY Still Work Today?  Sep 4 2017, 04:32:20 PM

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. JOSH GROBAN

Next to Normal Dream Revival  Aug 23 2017, 10:50:48 PM

AKB is so wrong for Gabe. I agree with Carolee Carmello for Diana.

TPTGW vs. Bandstand  Aug 23 2017, 01:55:18 PM

I haven't seen Bandstand, but I can say that TPTGW is a really fun night and memorable experience!

Most Underrated Show on Broadway?  Aug 23 2017, 10:23:06 AM

Parade and Catch Me if You Can

Aaron Tveit in Company  Aug 23 2017, 10:21:57 AM

Too soon for a revival!! That being said, I'd love to see Aaron in the role and have also always pictured Josh Groban as a wonderful Bobby - even before he got into "Broadway."

Broadway's Most Entertaining Show About a Serious Social Issue?  Aug 23 2017, 10:16:32 AM

Spring Awakening is entertaining, but hardly actually addresses any social issues. I would have to go with Memphis, Newsies, or Billy Elliot.

Riedel on more Comet Drama  Aug 9 2017, 02:51:42 PM

newintown said: "asimplelegal2 asked "How do you find the music to be simple?"

Without diving too deeply into an arcane music theory discussion that few would appreciate or understand, I would just say that I find that Molloy's musical language tends towards lingering on one simple major or minor chord for many measures, with predictable, small harmonic progressions (reminiscent of the musical language of beginner guitar players), melodies

Riedel on more Comet Drama  Aug 9 2017, 02:04:59 PM

newintown said: "Suddenlyseymour3 wrote: "The admirable ambition of its complex score doesn't make it tuneful."

As a musician, I disagree strongly - the Comet score (although some may find it attractive) is far from "complex;" the music is actually extremely simple, and the lyrics are mostly plain prose or very repetitive.

"

How do you find the music to be simple? I am a musician

Riedel on more Comet Drama  Aug 9 2017, 10:37:33 AM

Loving those shady tweets. 

Also ironic that Groban, the "big name" superstar has gotten praise from the cast for his professionalism, kindness, etc. and it turns out Oak the unknown is the diva! I guess you never know with these people.

And yes, Oak is an unknown, despite Hamilton fans trying to convince themselves otherwise.

What Show to See?  Aug 8 2017, 11:20:06 PM

Book of Mormon for sure!! So fun and memorable. I think Waitress is way overrated.

What's your dream role or roles?  Aug 7 2017, 11:55:27 AM

Sadly not much of an actor but if I WERE

- Lucille in Parade

- Girl in Once

- Audrey in Little Shop

- Laura in The Glass Menagerie

- Fantine in Les Miserables

- Cathy in The Last Five Years

- Emily in Our Town

that being said all of my favorite roles/the ones I find most interesting are male so those would be

- Elder Price

- Jamie in TL5Y

- Leo in Parade

- Tom in Glass Menagerie

- Edmund in Long Day'

Actors Playing Themselves  Aug 4 2017, 12:54:53 PM

BlackElleWoods said: "are there any performers who y'all think are simply playing themselves in their roles 

to me I think that's the case with Platt , he just seems like he's a naturally awkward person , his role in DEH & PP born just seem like he's portraying himself 

"

Kind of ****ty of you to call him an awkward person, when he has been nothing but pleasant and articulate in the publi

Shows With Terrible Marketing  Aug 2 2017, 10:32:58 AM

Catch Me if You Can! Loved the show but the marketing was so cringey and frustrating. Chorus girls in short skirts were exciting in 1930, but not 2013! The show is not half as sexy as they tried to make it seem. Also they didn't showcase Aaron or Norbert at all

Fake Coughing  Aug 1 2017, 12:13:00 PM

After watching the Broadway production of Long Day's Journey Into Night in 2016 and then the LA production on BroadwayHD, I've been thinking about how the actors who play Edmund manage to convincingly cough on stage. Does anyone happen to know how actors learn this technique? Is it as difficult/painful as it seems? Just curious.

Ben Platt Meeting Experience  Jul 31 2017, 10:46:56 AM

leave my boy Ben alone pls

Best ALW Shows?  Jul 31 2017, 10:46:11 AM

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is my favorite because of it incorporates so many different styles of music and (for the most part) it knows how goofy and light-hearted it is!

The Bronx Tale or Waitress?  Jul 29 2017, 03:35:17 PM

Haven't seen Bronx Tale, but I honestly found Waitress to be forgettable and dumb. Also not really age appropriate for a 10 year old.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You