What Show to See?

youwillbefound2 Profile Photo
youwillbefound2
#1What Show to See?
Posted: 8/8/17 at 9:57pm

I know you've probably seen dozens of these threads, but I was going to go see Great Comet in late September, but it's obviously closing, so I need a show to see. I was thinking of

Book of Mormon

Waitress

Chicago

Which of those choices do you recommend the most?

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#2What Show to See?
Posted: 8/8/17 at 10:09pm

Waitress! What a beautiful show. Plus it has a very unique score, and an excellent cast. Don't pass this one up, Chicago and BOM will be on forever. You can see them another time.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#3What Show to See?
Posted: 8/8/17 at 10:31pm

Consider Groundhog Day. I'd recommend it above all three of those.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4What Show to See?
Posted: 8/8/17 at 11:13pm

From those choices?   

In order:

Book of Mormon

Waitress

Chicago 

If looking for ideas NOT listed, I'd suggest Come From Away (if you can get tix).  Groundhog Day might not make it that long.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

asimplegal2 Profile Photo
asimplegal2
#5What Show to See?
Posted: 8/8/17 at 11:20pm

Book of Mormon for sure!! So fun and memorable. I think Waitress is way overrated.

#6What Show to See?
Posted: 8/8/17 at 11:25pm

Another vote for Waitress here. 

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#7What Show to See?
Posted: 8/9/17 at 8:56am

It depends on whether you're asking which show is best, or which you should see now because you may not get another chance.

I'd rank your three options in this order:

Book of Mormon

Chicago

Waitress (full disclosure: the music I've heard from this show doesn't particularly appeal to me, so I haven't seen it)

If you'll be returning to NY sometime in the relatively near future, you could reverse that order because Waitress will likely close before the other two.

I'll also add my vote to the others who suggested Come From Away and Groundhog Day, both of which I thought were excellent; I'd see either of these before Waitress.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#8What Show to See?
Posted: 8/9/17 at 9:40am

Waitress or BoM

Videos