News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LeftofLinus

Member Name: LeftofLinus
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dave Malloy's THREE HOUSES at Signature
 May 2 2024, 05:54:18 PM

I saw this last night, and I really had a lovely adventure. In terms of score, it was a mix of Ghost Quartet and the electronic elements of Great Comet. I think the show collectively was a cathartic release of emotion over the four years for everyone in the audience. I know I laughed, cried, and both dreaded and longed to once again live in isolation. 

Annie Tippe's storytelling ability through direction is astounding, and I found myself falling deeper and deeper into a trance

How is Jinkx Monsoon as Audrey.
 Apr 11 2024, 02:13:24 PM

Put me in the LOVED her category.  Little Shop is my favorite show, and I have had the opportunity to see the 80's off-Bway production as a child and many iterations since - including at Encores and three other times at the West Side Theater. I got to see Jinkx's first show and thought she was everything Tammy Blanchard wanted to be and more.  Her Audrey was uniquely her own while still holding homage to the ultimate Audrey, Ellen Green. Her Somewhere That's Gr

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
 Mar 4 2024, 09:51:00 AM

I genuinely hope the mess of a human in the center of row F at Sunday, 3/3's 7:30 pm show learns how to behave in a theater.  In the future, it would be greatly appreciated by everyone around you if you could not...

1 - Scream.  Why were you screaming?  It was obvious you were intoxicated but your volume was at 11 from the moment you sat down and was turned down to 10.5 when the show started but for the love of newborn baby Jesus shut the f- up no one needed you

Paging all theatrical insiders and oddsmakers…
 Sep 6 2023, 09:02:03 PM

binau said: "Is Lea Michele not too...good for Chess? Idk, I know the show has its fans...and I like some of the songs, but I just don't think it works. After Funny Girl, I would hope she has higher standards lol."

Broadway should have higher standards than Lea.

The Official TDF Thread
 Jun 16 2023, 07:06:25 PM

Had great luck last Weds.

Grey House - Orchestra Row G 104-107

Kimberly Akimbo - Orchestra Row G 105-108

Have tickets for Fat Ham and Once Upon a One More Time next week.

White Girl in Danger Vs. Lea in Funny Girl
 Apr 1 2023, 09:29:23 PM

White girl in Danger was an absolute blast - plus, no one is threatening to defecate in the wigs of White Girl in Danger. 

Be an ally to those who have been victims of abuse and don't support productions that glorify abusers.

Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
 Mar 20 2023, 02:55:30 PM

I saw this over the weekend, and I absolutely loved every second.  Bizzare and totally unhinged in the best possible way.  I was terrified going in that I was going to be bored hearing it was over three hours but I was not ready for it to end. I loved the direction and choreo (although it still seemed a bit sloppy - but I think I saw the third performance so I completely understand why.) James Jackson's Clarence really was a standout to me, especially after seeing him in Loop.&n

Our March trip to New York City
 Mar 11 2023, 04:40:51 PM

JasonC3 said: "Who in their right mind thinks it is helpful advice to tell someone to sell tickets they've already purchased in order to make a decision that aligns with your preferences or values?"

I really find it interesting that standing up for victims of abuse is a controversial preference or anyone's values say they should align themselves with someone who has behaved the way Lea has with no real growth or repercussions.

Also very interesting how

Audience Rewards ticket locations
 Feb 26 2023, 06:50:16 PM

Does anyone know what Once Upon A One More Time tickets are like? 

The New Group's THE SEAGULL/WOODSTOCK, NY
 Feb 20 2023, 08:00:20 AM

thasanction22 said: "parker posey and the rest of the cast are terrific
direction is lacking and the pacing is DREADFUL
30 minutes and about 4 characters could have been cut completely
the first five minutes of the show the cast is doing a physical "warm up" onstage- this is pointless and should be done as the audience settles in. it makes you think you're in for a different kind of show than the one it ends up becoming
there's also a curtain ons

A STRANGE LOOP - West End Transfer?
 Feb 13 2023, 09:17:33 PM

binau said: "Mmm it’s not exactly the kind of show that I would expect to be on the west end but I really really hope so! I guess no chance that Larry could come back?"

There is no chance in hell that Larry would be ASKED back. 

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
 Feb 12 2023, 08:27:33 AM

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "LeftofLinus said: "Does anyone have any insight into who is involved with this? I know that Tristar Entertainment & Larry Rudolph have been attached in the past - I want to know if any of the people who were involved with her conservatorship are involved."

Larry was out of the picture after ‘resigning’ as her manager in 2021. I’ve tried doing some digging and I’ve found next to nothing with anyone from T

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
 Feb 11 2023, 02:55:05 PM

Does anyone have any insight into who is involved with this?  I know that Tristar Entertainment & Larry Rudolph have been attached in the past - I want to know if any of the people who were involved with her conservatorship are involved.  

Feb 8 2023, 04:48:44 PM

It was 3 hours with one intermission, about an hour and 30 minutes in. I hope the run time will be cut down, as there were definitely line issues.  We were told during a pre-show speech there was someone in the audience on book in case an actor needed a line - after all, we were at a preview, and "that was what we paid to see", and this person on book was taken advantage of. Even when lines were known, it seemed like they were being searched for - the pacing was off.

Go

Feb 8 2023, 03:41:27 PM

Saw the first benefit performance last night, and...eek. If anyone else sees this, I would love to know their thoughts/if it gets any better.  It seemed like a strong cast, but it felt all over the place.

What Are The Greatest Casts You’ve Ever Seen?
 Jul 9 2020, 07:02:58 PM

Hands down the OBC of Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812.

Tony Awards Set Question
 Jul 4 2020, 05:53:57 PM

dearalanaaaa said: "I cannot begin to imagine the logistical hell that Great Comet of 1812 had during the 2018 Tony's. Didn't they invite 50+ fans to go on stage with them, had numerous props, including Anatole's violin (? fiddle?) along with their massive ensemble? I refuse to believe that was an LED set unless everybody sitting on it didn't exist either. How did Malloy pull that off? It's my favorite performance of all time for the Tony's, but reading this t

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME/Britney Spears musical to play pre-Broadway Chicago engagement
 Mar 4 2020, 02:02:43 PM

Notable examples are Carolee and Bonnie.

Bonnie Milligan not being in this is a huge disappointment.

The Minutes, My Name is Lucy Barton, or A Soldier’s Play
 Feb 27 2020, 08:39:25 AM

I've seen Soldiers Play and would rather have to sleep in a Port Authority bathroom than sit through that again.

The Minutes Preview Thread
 Feb 24 2020, 01:31:32 PM

Just FYI, there are tickets available for opening night in the balcony.  I got a pair on Today Tix for $49 each.  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You