News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rachelfran

Member Name: rachelfran
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ILLINOISE at the St. James Beginning April 24  Apr 24 2024, 01:14:01 PM

let us know where the lucky seat winners are seated and how the view is from there --  Thanks!

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 21 2024, 11:53:42 PM

I didn't see this one : Review: A potent Eddie Redmayne can't save Broadway's 'Cabaret' - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

"If you’re looking for powerhouse singing, this outing of “Cabaret” will sorely disappoint"

" this production takes this notion of fictional integrity to a ludicrous extreme in the casting of Gayle Rankin as Sally Bowles. Jessie Buckley, a renowned singer and gripping dramatic actor, won (along with Redmayne) an Olivier for her performance in the London run. Rankin appears to have stepped into an interpretation of the part that she hasn’t the same skill set to pull off. Not only is her singing raucous but her characterization is off-putting, even antipathetic."

"What does it say about a revival of “Cabaret” in which I kept hoping that Fraulein Schneider (Bebe Neuwirth) would change the locks of her boardinghouse to keep Sally out of the production?"

MOTHER PLAY Previews  Apr 21 2024, 05:25:03 PM

Saw it this afternoon ... incredibly emotional for me relating to so many parts of the show and characters at different times of life ... a lot to love including the performances ... not crazy about the one visual used a time or two too many and a long section towards the end with just Lange - which could be tightened up a bit. 

STEREOPHONIC Previews  Apr 19 2024, 10:27:50 AM

thirtythirtyninety said: "So we’re only getting full versions of “ some” of the songs?!? 😧😭"

Is there a songlist somewhere? 

STEREOPHONIC Previews  Apr 16 2024, 02:00:03 PM

I wasn't there but there was near constant coughing throughout my show ... like -- what the heck - why is everyone sick and at a broadway show.

R

STEREOPHONIC Previews  Apr 13 2024, 06:11:50 PM

Patrick Page was there this afternoon ... he walk past me and I gave him a big smile and said enjoy the show.

STEREOPHONIC Previews  Apr 13 2024, 04:40:41 PM

I guess this is why there are so many options on Broadway... I loved this so much.. lots of laughs in the audience and the music is great. If anything I wish there was more of it.  It is completely my vibe so I knew I'd love it. 

STEREOPHONIC Previews  Apr 13 2024, 10:52:19 AM

dotseurat2 said: "Damn. Dying to see this but it's either those $40 rear mezz seats or $275. Is it really a waste of time to watch from rear mezz?"

I just got a center orchestra seat row N on seatgeek for $80 .. (5% cashback via Chase).

Be sure to check all the resell sites -- I had my eye on this since yesterday and the price was $96 then and went down today.

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews  Apr 9 2024, 07:13:59 PM

I was headed to the show but the trains are out and I was not going to make it anywhere close to on time. Is there anyway to get a refund for a lottery ticket or attend another night?  This is a first for me .. I am typically extremely punctual!

Thanks! 

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews  Apr 9 2024, 08:48:12 AM

FANtomFollies said: "rachelfran said: "I won the lottery for tonight and the seat is rear mezz E3 and I'm not happy about it. There are so many empty seats and I had checked Reddit and saw everyone that posted their wins had orchestra or front mezz row A. Everyone said they had a good view.
I don't know if I'll go or not.
"

Were you able to see which seat you got before you purchased?
"

No. If I could I wouldn't have p

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews  Apr 9 2024, 07:25:39 AM

I won the lottery for tonight and the seat is rear mezz E3 and I'm not happy about it. There are so many empty seats and I had checked Reddit and saw everyone that posted their wins had orchestra or front mezz row A.  Everyone said they had a good view.  
I don't know if I'll go or not. 

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Mar 28 2024, 12:42:09 PM

Matt Rogers said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I was hoping the original cast would make an appearance at the curtain call since he made that announcement and was kind of disappointed that they didn’t. Anyone know for sure who was even there?"

I saw Norm Lewis there. Not sure if he was in a previous Tommy cast.
"

He made his broadway debut in the Tommy cast of 1993.

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Mar 21 2024, 10:50:49 AM

But did it feel earned? The show doesnt allow for many traditional applause moments, so maybe i misjudged, but it just felt messy and the audience felt mostly muted except for a few obvious Tommy-heads who were rocking along to a score they already knew. The standing ovation/burst of appreciation came out of left field for my group, we thought it was "planted" at first. And it came at such an odd time- the actors were still singing, in a pretty boringly staged moment?

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Mar 20 2024, 11:41:26 AM

Last night I won a lottery ticket in the mezz row F seat 19; Normally I prefer Orchestra, but I saw so many saying they had partial view from the side in the orchestra and this one turned out better.  If I missed anything -- I wasn't aware of it. I was able to see all projections and the full stage.

This was also my first Tommy experience of any kind.  I'm of age to have seen the film and/or the prior broadway show but didn't.  The album was a fave of my late

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Mar 19 2024, 02:11:40 PM

I won the lottery ticket for tonight -- i'm wondering what time you got your ticket.

I know the email said an hour prior -- which seems very late .. was it that late?

Did anyone move from their very side view seats to better located seats if the show is not sold out?

Thanks

AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews  Mar 15 2024, 06:27:13 PM

Kad said: "rachelfran said: "this show is doing the talking for any of these types of organizations in a much smarter way than they are.."

By charging an average ticket price of $164 and doing it in a palatable, comfortable way with TV stars, and only accessible to people with the means to get to NYC?
"

huh? I'm talking about this specific play and it's subject matter.  Not tv stars and people with the means to get to NYC.

AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews  Mar 15 2024, 04:41:34 PM

These were my thoughts too -- anger at the writer for making this okay. I don't think anyone will get hurt but this show is doing the talking for any of these types of organizations in a much smarter way than they are.  Anyone choosing to come to this show is already getting the message.  What a waste.  

Rachel

AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews  Mar 11 2024, 05:59:01 PM

I saw it this past Saturday afternoon ... line was long going in at 1:50pm. I thought I'd avoid the crowd and stroll right in by arriving so late but no.  I had a lottery ticket in the second row on the floor.  I saw others standing on rails but they were all moved to seats that were empty at showtime.  It was exhilarating to be so close to the stage.

While I was entertained, I think there are some pacing and staging issues that I did not like and hope these get fixe

AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews  Mar 8 2024, 11:11:42 AM

VernonGersch said: "I would skip the first row (marketed as Floor seats)."

Well I just won a lottery ticket for tomorrow that says FLOOR SEATS Row FB. I wasn't sure what it was since I don't see them on the theater map amd I guess I'll hope I can still enjoy the show.   I'd been kicking myself for passing up a lottery win for last Friday night's show so jumped on it this time.

AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews  Feb 29 2024, 03:08:49 PM

Jonathan Cohen said: "Wick3 said: "I’m excited for you! I wonder if you’ll be standing on the stage area? Or in the traditional standing room area begins the last row of seats at Circle in the Square.

Normally productions don’t allow standing room during previews (in my experience.)
"

The standing room area is on the rails on two sides behind the last row of seats. On the side I was on, the creative team was in the row in fron

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You