News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Trainwreck

Trainwreck Profile Photo
Member Name: Trainwreck
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I love musicals. Not a big fan of non-musical theater, but I've seen my fair share of plays as well.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Visiting New York for the weekend...
 Oct 13 2011, 02:24:54 AM
Fantastic, thank you! Very excited to be in the city again. I've been wanting to see this show. It was the last local production I performed in, so it holds a special place in my heart. :)
Visiting New York for the weekend...
 Oct 13 2011, 02:17:42 AM
Is Daniel Radcliffe still in How to Succeed? If I get tickets for Friday will I be likely to see him perform?

Cheers and thanks!

Spider-Man Predictions
 Dec 1 2010, 07:10:42 PM
Looks like the OP doesn't realize how much tourist traffic there is in Manhattan and that tourists want to see big spectacles like this, Lion King, and Wicked. Spider-Man will do well because the target demographic won't even know about (or care about) critic reviews.

And I think, from the looks of it, there could very well be Tony nominations for Scenic Design, Costume Design, and Lighting Design. Not all Tonys ride on the strength of the book and score

I wonder where the Billie Joe Armstrong thread went...
 Dec 1 2010, 07:03:07 PM
"I actually don't think that's very clear at all, since the word "good" usually implies quality... but if I did misunderstand, I apologize."

Seemed pretty clear to me. *shrug*

Why is everything good closing?
 Dec 1 2010, 03:56:28 PM
Been out of the loop for a while. So How to Succeed is actually coming, hmm? Did they get Harry Potter for Finch or somebody else?
Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
 Dec 1 2010, 03:53:35 PM
GreenGirl5, allow me to introduce you to the concept of copy and paste...
Where are you watching the Tony's?
 Jun 3 2010, 01:27:21 PM
Living on the west coast limits my options. So I'm guessing I'll be at home. I don't have a lot of friends that are into Broadway, so I don't think there will be much of a party. Just my girlfriend and I
no more Hairspray sequel
 Jun 3 2010, 01:06:21 PM
Where's the news on Spider-Man being canceled?
So is La Cage just going to win the Tony by default?
 Jun 1 2010, 02:59:02 PM
Considering how weak this season has seemed, I sure hope that the 2011-2012 touring season is peppered with some other stuff that has been running for a while.
Could Moulin Rouge! ever make it to Broadway?
 Jun 1 2010, 12:50:41 PM
This is only the 5th time I've seen this topic.

The movie is great, the acting and music is outstanding... but I think it's unlikely they'd be able to pull it off without a "wicked" budget and going through some insane copyright issues. Will we ever see it? Maybe. But I don't think it's likely, especially while the economy is in the dump.

Fiddler question
 May 25 2010, 03:19:30 PM
Has anyone seen the following Fiddler On The Roof tour? I was considering taking my girlfriend since it is playing on her birthday. She really loves musicals and has a really wide variety in tastes.

http://www.broadwayacrossamerica.com/shows/fiddlerH.html

Jewel Cases...are they generic/can they be replaced 'genuinely'?
 Apr 19 2010, 02:14:14 PM
There are rarely jewel cases that are unique. They are typically one of a number of generic versions. There are exceptions to this, but most commonly you will find that a CD is in a "generic" jewel case.

I have a couple of cast recordings that came in cardboard that are printed for that specific show, but that's neither here nor there, as they wouldn't break, and aren't a "jewel case". Any of the cast recordings I have or have seen in jewel cases have been in generic ones.

Seattle BAA season announced for the Paramount
 Apr 19 2010, 01:36:38 PM
Hair, Mary Poppins, Billy Elliot, Rock of Ages, Burn the Floor. Next to Normal and Riverdance as add-in specials.

Great season! One of the best I've seen announced for the tour season. What do you guys think? I think I'm *finally* getting season tickets for this theater.

Does anyone know how much the Night Music cast recording is at the theatre?
 Apr 5 2010, 02:24:16 PM
There's a Borders across from where the towers used to be. Pretty big store if I recall.

Virgin closed? Dang, that was such a cool store!

American Idiot or Rock of Ages?
 Apr 5 2010, 02:22:25 PM
Having not seen either, I'd certainly rather see Rock of Ages. Not a big Green Day fan.
Next to Normal, Alice Ripley question
 Apr 2 2010, 05:12:10 PM
My complaint with her (at least from some videos I've seen plus the cast recording), is that she sings with far too much vibrato in her voice. Yeah, she can be flat, but I can deal with that more than I can deal with her sounding like she's going down a bumpy road when she holds her whole notes.

That being said I like her acting a lot, and everyone else in the original cast has great singing chops.

I'll probably be in the minority here, as always.

Anyone catch Mandy Gonzalez in 'Wicked' tonight?
 Mar 25 2010, 02:43:07 PM
How was For Good? That's one of my favorite showtunes of all time.
Patti LuPone To Host 55th Annual Drama Desk Awards 5/23
 Mar 24 2010, 04:39:28 PM
Somebody better tell her they allow cameras...
Playbill Bios: To Thank God or not?
 Mar 24 2010, 04:25:07 PM
"I liked it better when this thread was about what's appropriate for a bio, not what's appropriate for one's own life and belief systems."

^ this

Playbill Bios: To Thank God or not?
 Mar 23 2010, 01:30:55 PM
This thread is what should be censored. Seriously, who cares? Did they hurt you by doing it? It's their bio, their life, let them do what they want.

What a pointless OP.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You