Spiderman Preview #2 Thread

SLeo Profile Photo
SLeo
#1Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 11/30/10 at 10:27pm

So due to the overwhelming amount of posts from the first previews thread, lets start a new one for tomorrow nights performance. Is anyone going? Please post thoughts and reviews!

Orangesaretuesdays
#2Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 11/30/10 at 10:50pm

It wasn't the first preview page, it was the whole preview period thread for the sole reason of not having a million different threads.
Updated On: 11/30/10 at 10:50 PM

FindingNamo
#2Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 11/30/10 at 10:58pm

It might be a good idea to split the threads into acts. So this thread can be Preview #2 Act One thread and then somebody should start a Preview #2 Act Two thread.

Also, perhaps a Twitter account for intermission tweets.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#3Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 11/30/10 at 11:38pm

I'm just going to stage door this thread. Will you guys sign when you leave?

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#4Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 11/30/10 at 11:44pm

Something something show curtain something something playbill something something understudies.

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

Orangesaretuesdays
#5Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 11/30/10 at 11:50pm

I will but Sleo won't take pictures (Just warning you), bit of a diva.
Updated On: 11/30/10 at 11:50 PM

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#6Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 11/30/10 at 11:58pm

That b*tch!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#7Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 12/1/10 at 12:21am

Does this thread sell SRO tickets?

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#8Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 12/1/10 at 12:22am

Hell, doesn't even have a good looking show curtain!

wonderwaiter
#9Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 12/1/10 at 12:25am

OH MY GOD!!!!
Really?, one preview and people on here are something something something something something, something something something something etc? Something something something drama queens something something something gossip and speculation something something something something something something something.

Something something something something something something something tweets something something something something flop?, what about something something something something something something something something something something? Do you really think something something something something something something something something something something something something something something something bizarre absolute?

The book is something something something something something something. Me me me something something something other people something something something something me me me.

Semi-unrelated backstory, something something something something something something...attempt at sarcasm. Something something something something something something. Something something something book something something something something something. Something 65 million dollars something something something something something something.

"Quote from someone else which I will now piss all over"

Actually,something something something something something something something something something something. Something something something something something (something) something something something something something, something something something something something something something.

Something something something drama train something something something pointless self-righteousness something. Something something something something something something.

Something money something something something something something something something, even if it’s Julie Taymor something something something something. Remember, pointlessly condescending remark, something something something something. Something something advance something something something, needlessly hopeful comparisons to successful shows, something something something something something.

Something something something something, CONDESCENSION. Pointless comparison, Billy Elliot something something something, Titanic something something, Gone with the Wind something something something something, Witches of Eastwick something something something etc, something, something something something, condescension. Blowing my own horn something something something something something something something. Condescending statement that doesn't really apply to the conversation. Something something something something, you can’t judge something something something something something something audience something something something something something something something something something something something something.

Also something something something something something something something something something something something something something something.

Denigrate drama queens exactly like myself and call them stupid no matter how many times I've behaved this exact same way myself..........DECLARATIVE STATEMENT, I'M MAKING A DECLARATIVE STATEMENT.

Condescending denouncement of the very drama I revel in.

Spiderman Preview #2 Thread

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#10Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 12/1/10 at 12:28am

I feel like a guinea pig!

Updated On: 12/1/10 at 12:28 AM

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#11Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 12/1/10 at 12:34am

Does wonderwaiter sign at the stage door?

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

Scott3
#12Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 12/1/10 at 12:34am

Updated On: 11/11/16 at 12:34 AM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#13Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 12/1/10 at 7:44am

I was at the second preview that will be taking place later on tonight.

There were 27 mechanical issues and the music still sucked.

The Heckler (as Reidel has coined her in today's column) was back and this time she brought a can of Raid.

They had to eliminate the Geek chorus from act 2 b/c by the time it started after a 2 hour intermission it was past their bedtime.

Taymor read their lines from her mike in the heavens.

But the biggest improvement was that they added Naomi Campbell to narrate the fashion show. Many in the audience, including me, thought she would end up being the main villain in the second act, but then we realized this was make believe and not real life.

Show ended at 2:30 am.

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 12/1/10 at 07:44 AM

wonderwaiter
#14Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 12/1/10 at 11:21am

Vultures!!! Hippocrates!!!

Hank
#15Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 12/1/10 at 11:22am

I'll be there tonight, and I'm glad to see this thread after going through the first 24 pages of the last one.
Just some thoughts, I'm going in alone just out of curiosity, with discounts not knowing what to expect. It'll probably be the greatest spectacle or fiasco ever. If it sucks, oh well! I'll just head on over to the Heartland Brewery down on 43rd. I have a craving for some Cornhusker lager.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#16Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 12/1/10 at 11:35am

Can we just copy and paste the whole "are previews worth the money" argument from the other thread into one long post? I really don't want to have wade that crap again.

....but the world goes 'round

iluvtheatertrash
#17Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 12/1/10 at 11:53am

WonderWaiter... That was brilliant.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

GreenGirl5 Profile Photo
GreenGirl5
#18Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 12/1/10 at 1:11pm

Wonderwaiter... That was hysterical! How long did it take you to write that with all the "somethings"?

Trainwreck Profile Photo
Trainwreck
#19Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 12/1/10 at 3:53pm

GreenGirl5, allow me to introduce you to the concept of copy and paste...

Shows Seen - Swing!**, Rent (Broadway)**, The Lion King***, Wicked*****, Legally Blonde***, Chicago****, Cats***, Fiddler on the Roof***, Burn the Floor**, In the Heights***, Hair*****, A Christmas Story**, Rock of Ages***, Vanities*, Billy Elliot****, Next to Normal*****, 9 to 5**, Mary Poppins***, Guys and Dolls***, Aladdin***, Les Miserables*****

Upcoming Shows - Cinderella, Oklahoma!, Damn Yankees, Rent

Paramount Theater and 5th Avenue Theater season ticket holder

Proud Gleek

FindingNamo
#20Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 12/1/10 at 5:31pm

Wonderwaiter, your 12:25 post should be bronzed.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

denali.fire Profile Photo
denali.fire
#21Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 12/1/10 at 6:06pm

Looking forward to Spider-Man Preview #3 thread.
Spider-Man Preview threads, a Broadway Tradition.

Who would've thunk it!

To seek revenge may lead to hell yet everyone does it but seldom as well......

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#22Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 12/1/10 at 6:23pm

I'm also a fan of the 11:44 wonderwaiter post, which basically sums up everything we all ask on this board anyway.

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#23Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 12/1/10 at 7:56pm

So where do I get my soon-to-collectible t-shirt?

http://docandraider.com

leefowler
#24Spiderman Preview #2 Thread
Posted: 12/1/10 at 9:04pm

It's after 9:00, it should be starting soon...

Behind the fake tinsel of Broadway is real tinsel.

Videos