News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for iagowasframed

Member Name: iagowasframed
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

COVID performance cancellation
 Dec 31 2021, 05:34:42 PM

HeyMrMusic said: "Their IG post says a detection of covid in the company. I’ve seen that recent shows have had understudies for Seymour, Audrey, Mushnik, Chiffon, and Ronnette all at the same time, so I bet if even one more person went down, there wouldn’t be any more coverage. Hope they do get to reopen tomorrow like they intend."

This is a little strange I saw that too as well as their post on twitter saying the same thing now they are gone...wife has t

Great Staging
 Dec 17 2015, 06:33:58 AM

I'm curious which numbers, not musicals, but individual musical number would you consider to have the best staging? Either current or past shows it doesn't matter I'm just interested in studying some of the more clever numbers. I don't mean choreography as much as staging.

review catch up: Hamilton, First Daughter, etc.
 Nov 21 2015, 07:38:46 PM

most of them are black...just say black...black is not a bad term. 

ALLEGIANCE Reviews
 Nov 20 2015, 06:16:27 PM

I saw the show opening night and I really enjoyed it. I'm a history teacher who grew up in California so to me the subject is important and not well known. The show to be honest is not my type of theater as I don't like mainstream broadway shows and that's what this is,a nice traditional broadway show that really moves along, tells a nice story and is moving.

I loved the acting and the story and like I said I don't like these kind of shows and I tend to loose attention e

Riedel on Hamilton transfer
 Apr 11 2015, 05:52:54 PM

Agreed. not only did I love it, and I don't love a lot of shows, but my 16 year old tough guy rap loving son was totally taken in and loved it as well. This show is amazing if the marketing is done right should crossover like a mother****er....so to speak....

PAINT YOUR WAGON! Encores!@City Center
 Mar 25 2015, 05:55:13 AM
Not sure what you guys are talking about, this production had work done on the book.
Hamilton
 Mar 14 2015, 08:26:07 PM
yeah he would too I hid the tears from him

Hamilton
 Mar 14 2015, 08:17:42 PM
congrats for getting the first snarky comment. But to answer your question, because I came home flying high from seeing my son excited about musical theater. Because I was alive with thought that I had helped to change his life and made a future theater patron. I was SO excited by this that I just had to jump on here and share with other like minded people and let them know that there is at least one new person to add to the ranks of theater goer....

But yeah I do feel bad that I create

Hamilton
 Mar 14 2015, 08:01:31 PM
Just got home after seeing Hamilton. I was blown away by the show, I thought it was brilliant in every way and I was standing at the end(and I'm that guy who will in a sea of standing people I've stood maybe 5 times). The show was just that good.....

BUT the real thing that was important was that my 16 year old tough guy hip-hop loving son was completely taken in by the show and was on the edge of seat the entire show. He lept to his feet at the end as well. Now I've been dragging him t

HAMILTON Previews...
 Feb 4 2015, 04:49:51 PM
I have tickets March 15th for me and my son....if they cancel would it be before or after then I wonder? I mean I'll not be happy if I bought tickets months in advance to have them cancel to move it to Broadway.....
HAMILTON Previews
 Jan 28 2015, 05:41:35 AM
oh I'm so happy to read this, I'm taking my 16 year old son 3/14 and was afraid it wouldn't be his style. Sounds like it is can't wait!
The Band Wagon Brantley
 Nov 16 2014, 07:20:54 AM
I agree with the above review although I still enjoyed the show....a lot. There was a lot of good up there and I love hearing him sing.

I just don't understand the point in changing the book so much. The whole point was bringing the musical to the stage and honestly it didn't have any major book problems that didn't translate to the stage.

Shine was a highlight and the show would have been well served to start out that way instead of ending like that.

However having s

The Band Wagon Brantley
 Nov 15 2014, 09:49:59 AM
I don't care about reviews I'm so excited never sat 3rd row in a large house before. I'm going to enjoy it for that alone....off to the train!
The Bandwagon
 Oct 7 2014, 08:28:24 PM
just saw this..honestly not sure if it's good or bad....love the idea but they all seem(irony alert since I'm 55) old!

The Bandwagon
 Oct 1 2014, 06:03:18 PM
I have tickets on the 15th for this at City Center but aside from the lead I haven't heard anything on casting. Anyone know anything? I'm hoping this is going to turn out well since I splurged for 3rd row tickets from my birthday.
MId-march musical
 Dec 20 2013, 08:15:13 PM
LOL...if we go I'll try to look cynical and indifferent!
MId-march musical
 Dec 20 2013, 06:35:37 PM
I want to surprise my girlfriend with a stay in a hotel and tickets to a musical, but not sure what to buy....thinking about les mis because we both like the music but before I do that I'm wondering if there is any coming up that might be more exciting and fun. She is more mainstream but she loves Sondheim....I'm a Fringe junkie who doesn't like mainstream stuff...but I'm buying this for her so it has to be broadway and has to be a musical...so please give me anything you can think of that is co
What will I kick myself for not seeing?
 Dec 19 2011, 08:59:53 PM
I agree go see something tiny in 4 floor walk up off off broadway. Never know what you will find that will just amaze or revolt you...and will probably cost the price of a movie.

Flawed Musicals You'd Like To See Revised
 Dec 18 2011, 04:25:38 PM
I agree completely. I love the score to Mack and Mabel but the book never quite works...but I don't think it needs a total rewrite just make it a little more cohesive....

Favorite Openings?
 Oct 16 2011, 08:02:58 PM
Sweeney Todd and West Side Story...both still give me chills and it doesn't matter if it's on Broadway or at the worst community theater in the worlds....just amazing...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You