News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Greg_in_FLA

Greg_in_FLA Profile Photo
Member Name: Greg_in_FLA
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: There was SO much wrong with the Tony's last night, it's hard to keep i
 Jun 7 2005, 05:49:06 PM
Here, here, Al!! I started to watch this travesty live then realized I was TiVoing it (and figured why waste my time being bored when I can fast forward through it on Monday).

Thrilled to see Bernadette at the opening, then was extremely disappointed in how they chose to use her.

Was less than thrilled with Hugh Jackman as host this year (and I do love me some Hugh) but like other posters here...not sure who should be picked to breathe some life back into the Tonys

Ten Favorite Musicals
 Jan 1 2005, 01:13:46 PM
In no particular order:

Chicago
Sunday in the Park With George
Into the Woods
Caroline, or Change
Little Shop of Horrors
Evita
Sweeney Todd
Wicked
Nine
The Phantom of the Opera

re: Sondheim or Webber?
 Dec 28 2004, 03:17:33 PM
Saying that one cannot possibly like both Sondheim and Lloyd Webber is like saying that one cannot possibly like both haute cuisine and fast food...ridiculous! I happen to like many shows that both have done (and greatly disliked shows by both as well). Both have heavy play on my computer's CD player while I'm working at my drafting table.

BTW...my haute cuisine/fast food reference is not meant to be representative of how I compare the two composers...just wanted to clarify that.

re: What's the first show you saw twice?
 Dec 10 2004, 02:19:56 PM
Little Shop (the original at the Orpheum) because Ellen Greene was so freaking amazing as Audrey.

The only other show that I can remember seeing twice is the Chicago revival (which we've actually seen three times)...first time with Bebe & Ann, then on tour had to take the parents to see how amazing it was and then again on tour as a bunch of our friends wanted to see it (and we certainly didn't mind seeing it again).

re: Widdecomb, Gutterman, Applewhite, Bibberman and Black...
 Dec 9 2004, 02:08:46 PM
Pegean: It's by the designer, Yul Ooloo

Patrick: Careful how you say that, you might get kissed.

re: Brooklyn naysayers why? What does it accomplish?
 Dec 8 2004, 02:12:53 PM
Joey Joe...yes, there will be those who would say that, but as an example to them I would tell them how there were so many differing opinions on "Wicked" that I did go see it to form my own opinion. However, when most every person on this board whose opinion I take very seriously (not to start typing a whole list...but members like Margo who make very concise, thoughtful posts), along with reviewers and my own friends in the NYC theatre community trash a show, I tend to take a "wait and see" at
re: Brooklyn naysayers why? What does it accomplish?
 Dec 8 2004, 08:06:52 AM
Zebra...if the "naysayers" are folks on this board whose opinions I have come to respect over a year+ of "lurking" on this board (before recently deciding to post), then what their "naysaying" accomplishes (for me anyway) is that I don't waste thousands of dollars on a trip to New York to see something I thought would be wonderful (which has, instead, turned out to be "crap", i.e. Dracula). Instead I make educated choices based on their opinions, reviews by critics and whatnot to make my theatr
re: Worst Thing You Have Ever Seen
 Dec 6 2004, 09:04:25 AM
Hands down..."The News" at the Helen Hayes...back in the late '80s (with Jeff Conaway of "Taxi" fame). Simply awful.
If this is Broadway -- where's the rest?!
 Nov 26 2004, 01:39:52 PM
Hi guys and gals...I've been lurking on this board for some time now and never really felt the urge to post...but after watching the parade yesterday and reading this thread I decided to jump in to the fray.

Those of us who do not live in NYC use "advertisements" such as the parade and the Tony awards to attempt to help make decisions as to which shows to see when we make our pilgrimages to Broadway. (I also read this board and others to try to get a pulse on the buzz) Today's featur

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You