News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BalconyClub

BalconyClub Profile Photo
Member Name: BalconyClub
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jason Robert Brown, Taylor Mac, Rob Ashford collaborating on MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL musical adaptation
 Jul 24 2024, 12:50:16 AM

carolinaguy said: "Some of the posts here mention audience participation or involvement during parts of the show. Can anyone elaborate on that?"

The show hasn’t changed much since the Chicago reviews were posted.

An audience member is offered a drink near the top of the show. “Jack Daniels” was Tuesday night’s reply.

The entire audience offers four or five “Yes” replies in a conversation with The Lady Chabli

Paul Hart's immersive UK staging of THE LORD OF THE RINGS musical to transfer to Chicago
 Jul 22 2024, 09:36:36 PM

Join the Saints  - their ushers work at the Shakespeare Theater - and see the show for free.

Paul Hart's immersive UK staging of THE LORD OF THE RINGS musical to transfer to Chicago
 Jul 19 2024, 10:19:28 PM

I realize it’s only the first preview, but the one hour thirty-seven minute Act One was a slog to get through.

One song late in the act ended with no applause. The everyone’s a musician schtick created crowded stage pictures. There’s a lot of walking-through-the-audience moments.

Left at intermission. Enjoying the live band and dinner at Harry Carays.

Jason Robert Brown, Taylor Mac, Rob Ashford collaborating on MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL musical adaptation
 Jul 4 2024, 06:31:53 PM

A few quickies from Wednesday night’s viewing:

• Minerva’s enunciation of CHILDREN in the opening cemetery scene was different. Every time Minerva said “children” it was clearly “children”.
  • A better smoke effect has been added at the base of the shimmering silver drop at the start of the Shed nightclub number LET THERE BE LIGHT.
  • One change happened several performances ago: the minister had  displayed his gu
 Jul 3 2024, 12:56:01 AM

Cameras were set up Tuesday night in the house to capture promotional stage pictures.

Last week, the Stranger’s Tomb in Bonaventure Cemetery had been one of tombs downstage left. The unknowns are now buried under the large central arched memorial.

Jim Williams continues to offer a drink to an audience member. If the theatergoer is alert, they’ll order a whiskey sour or wine. (the bars are offering 3 Garden themed drinks, too - order o

Jun 30 2024, 07:32:27 AM

Several minor edits have popped up:

Act One

• in the opening cemetery scene, Minerva is no longer sitting on the downstage left bench. Instead, she is sitting on the steps of the center stage memorial
  • at the end of the cemetery scene, The Lady Chablis had offered Savannah's Rule #2 downstage right. They are now center stage, coupled with Jim Williams, as The Lady offers Rule #2.
  • a painfully small, revolving disco ball has been added to TH
 Jun 28 2024, 11:40:32 PM

The BUTTERFLIES scene that ends Act 2 was changed Friday night.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

In the cemetery, The Lady Chablis picked up a Playbill, opened the program to the cast list, and beamed when they read that J Harrison Ghee was playing them in the story.

Following the number, The Lady Chablis asked everyo

Jun 28 2024, 01:19:12 AM

"I am so confused, and it's wonderful," a nearby balcony guest boasted at one of the intermissions this week. After 3 nights, the production still feels like it's throwing spaghetti at its southern walls to see what sticks. Things are fixable, but will the egos work together to strengthen the story.

When the pre-show announcement finishes with "the performance will begin shortly," the quiet cemetery scene starts.  At the first perfor

Jun 26 2024, 08:43:55 AM

Act One Numbers

Bonaventure

Mercer House

The Shed Shack

Let There Be Light

Savannah is Restored

Since My Mama Died

Jim and Danny

Lift Her Up

The Empress of Savannah

Finale Act 1

Act Two Numbers

True Crime

Sad House

What a Ride

Reasonable Doubt

Clap On One and Three

It Ta

Jun 26 2024, 08:16:39 AM

To answer some of the questions upthread, several gracious cast signed Playbills and posed for photos at the stage door Tuesday night. The stage door is IN the main lobby south of the ticket windows.

Conductor Thomas Murray led an orchestra of 12.

1 - piano, keyboard, electric guitar

2 - keyboard, percussion

3 - acoustic and electric bass

4 - drum set, percussion

5 - acoustic and electric guitar

6 - violin

7 - cello

8 -

Jun 25 2024, 06:36:16 PM

Tuesday night’s first preview is sold out. The Goodman has about 850 seats.

Spring awakening is cooked
 Jun 19 2024, 02:59:40 PM

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah blah blah.

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jun 18 2024, 06:27:08 PM

As I landed a cheap $49 on-the-aisle balcony ticket for the last Friday in October before Andrew stepped out of the show, I’ll still go.

Hoping that merch sells oversized Tammy Faye eyelashes.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 11:39:35 PM

My favorite moments of the telecast were the exits of the Ensembles into the wings, quickly mugging for the camera.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 07:45:05 PM

nealb1 said: "The F word live on tv! Love it!"

My laptop screen suddenly went black when Cody Spencer inadvertently dropped the F bomb during his speech!

”I can’t believe I’m crying in front of all these F’ing people”

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 07:15:03 PM

Seven different shows have won Tonys so far in 7 possible categories. Broadway is spreading the love tonight.

Metcalf stars in Hunter’s LITTLE BEAR RIDGE ROAD at Steppenwoolf, directed by Mantello
 Jun 15 2024, 10:53:25 PM

Caught the first 3 evening previews - Thursday thru Saturday - and Metcalf is as magnetic as ever.

The very simple staging allows the audience to focus on the story and the performances.

The set is simply a shiny gray, 3-seat sofa that sits atop a round swatch of gray carpet. A ceiling fan whirls above.

Though it’s a four-person cast, Meighan Gerachis does not appear until the final scene.

Sound effects have been added since the first

Titanique Seating Question
 Jun 3 2024, 05:46:19 PM

I sat in the last row. It was a great seat. No intermission. A fun show.

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 Jun 3 2024, 09:11:47 AM

Just one more:

Before the 5-week run started, a large hourglass inside a deluxe wood frame could be spotted in the lobby from the outdoor sidewalk. I suppose it was an oversized set piece that was nixed.

When the roustabouts were loading the show through the Wells Street doors, one of the old prop carts still had MATILDA stenciled onto the canvas.

During the first half of the run, in the NY apartment scene, Madeline L

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 Jun 2 2024, 07:25:04 PM

A stagehand was briefly part of the final performance in the opening notes of FOR THE GAZE - the sound of something steel could be heard when Madeline Ashton rose from her oval mirrored, light-bulb dressing room table.  The black-clad stagehand quickly checked out the table and may have adjusted it. The table did its usual smooth disappearance when the number kicked into high gear.

Grindr returned as today's wedding sponsor. 

Later at Helen Shar

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You